The 6 Fashion Risks You Should Take Before You Die
By Jesselle Maminta | January 24, 2014 7:15 PM EST
By this time in your life, you've already figured out what you like and don't like, and what works for you and what doesn't, when it comes to fashion. (You haven't? Check out Fashion For Dummies to get a head start on finding your style.) How about stepping up your fashion game and take some of these fashion risks at least once in your lifetime? Here are some few tricks to try. (They're not for the faint-hearted, but hey, you're taking fashion risks, right?)
1. Pile on the bling
Coco Chanel once said, "Before you leave the house, look in the mirror and take one thing off." Well, screw that rule even just for a moment and pile on your accessories. Layer on the necklaces, wear all your bangles on one arm, wear two cuffs a la Wonder Woman -- your call!
2. Go androgynous for a day...
Channel your inner Annie Hall and wear menswear like nobody's business. Now go ahead and borrow your brother's dress shirt, your dad's waistcoat and your guy's gray tie you often compare to that of Christian Grey's. Wear them all at once and you're headed down to tomboy chics-ville.
3. Try socks with heels and/or sandals
Huffington Post suggests wearing pastel-colored ankle socks with sandals, while Glamour recommends knee-high socks with heels. Observe how the likes of Marc Jacobs and Burberry pulled off this look and you'll be convinced to sport it as well in no time.
4. Go buy that pricey item you're drooling for!
Lusting over that Tiffany charm bracelet or that wrap dress from DVF that fits you like a glove? If you have the funds, hear me when I say "Go buy it! And never regret it. Because you deserve a treat."
5. Wear an impossibly high heel.
Besides looking taller, heels gives you that instant boost of confidence you need. A few things to bear in mind, though: choose a pair that has a little room for your toes to wiggle, practice walking in them first before using them, and use foot cushions on areas where you need more comfort.
6. Wear a jumpsuit for a formal event you've seen the likes of Julia Roberts and Margot Robbie rock the jumpsuit on a formal event like an awards night. Follow suit and wear one on your next formal event. And just like these two celebs, you're bound to stand out in the sea of long dresses that night.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- West End Apartment Owners Against Sarah Jessica Parker's Shoe Shoot, Wish 'Carrie Bradshaw' Would Live Somewhere Else
- 7 Frighteningly Spectacular Halloween Cocktail Recipes And Ideas
- Scott Disick Takes Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian Out On a Date In A $2 Million Car
- $15,854 ‘Vertu for Bentley’ Smartphone Features Apple iPhone 6-Like 4.7-Inch Display, 64 GB Memory And Sapphire Crystal Protection
- Ford Family Business Accused of ‘Mismanagement’
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’