The 6 Fashion Risks You Should Take Before You Die
By Jesselle Maminta | January 24, 2014 7:15 PM EST
By this time in your life, you've already figured out what you like and don't like, and what works for you and what doesn't, when it comes to fashion. (You haven't? Check out Fashion For Dummies to get a head start on finding your style.) How about stepping up your fashion game and take some of these fashion risks at least once in your lifetime? Here are some few tricks to try. (They're not for the faint-hearted, but hey, you're taking fashion risks, right?)
1. Pile on the bling
Coco Chanel once said, "Before you leave the house, look in the mirror and take one thing off." Well, screw that rule even just for a moment and pile on your accessories. Layer on the necklaces, wear all your bangles on one arm, wear two cuffs a la Wonder Woman -- your call!
2. Go androgynous for a day...
Channel your inner Annie Hall and wear menswear like nobody's business. Now go ahead and borrow your brother's dress shirt, your dad's waistcoat and your guy's gray tie you often compare to that of Christian Grey's. Wear them all at once and you're headed down to tomboy chics-ville.
3. Try socks with heels and/or sandals
Huffington Post suggests wearing pastel-colored ankle socks with sandals, while Glamour recommends knee-high socks with heels. Observe how the likes of Marc Jacobs and Burberry pulled off this look and you'll be convinced to sport it as well in no time.
4. Go buy that pricey item you're drooling for!
Lusting over that Tiffany charm bracelet or that wrap dress from DVF that fits you like a glove? If you have the funds, hear me when I say "Go buy it! And never regret it. Because you deserve a treat."
5. Wear an impossibly high heel.
Besides looking taller, heels gives you that instant boost of confidence you need. A few things to bear in mind, though: choose a pair that has a little room for your toes to wiggle, practice walking in them first before using them, and use foot cushions on areas where you need more comfort.
6. Wear a jumpsuit for a formal event you've seen the likes of Julia Roberts and Margot Robbie rock the jumpsuit on a formal event like an awards night. Follow suit and wear one on your next formal event. And just like these two celebs, you're bound to stand out in the sea of long dresses that night.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell
- Hilary Duff's New Music Video Chasing the Sun Goes Viral on YouTube [WATCH VIDEO]
- LeBron James to Return to Miami, Face Heat on Christmas Day 2014
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Will Not Extend Trading Hours
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report