Selena Gomez & Demi Lovato Back as BFF's: 'Demi knows my darkest secrets'
By Riza Ornos | January 24, 2014 6:42 PM EST
Disney's BFF's Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato are back in each other arms after falling part for a while. The "Springbreakers" star revealed recently that she drifted apart from her childhood friend when Lovato checked into rehab to get help for her eating disorder in 2010.
"I've known her since we were 7, and we did fall apart for a while," revealed the "Come & Get It" hitmaker.
Selena's reason of backing away from her friend is that she didn't "understand" what she was going through. "She was going through things and I was so young and it was confusing. I processed it saying, 'OK, I don't understand what she's going through so I'm just going to do this," says Gomez.
"I don't think it was fair, and I'm so happy that I have her back in my life now," added the singer.
Selena also thinks that Demi's action of getting her life back on track is "incredible" and says that she considers the former "X-Factor" judge as one of her biggest inspirations. "Demi's very, very strong. She's the only person that I would tell the deepest, darkest secrets to. The only person," revealed the 21-year-old actress.
Lovato's willingness to share her struggles in the public is what inspires Gomez to reconnect with her old friend. Gomez and Lovato are now tighter than ever after going through a rough patch in their friendship.
"I feel like we're all given what we can handle, and clearly someone thought she could handle so much - and she could, and she did. And she's incredible for that. I couldn't imagine going through some of the things that she went through, and the fact that she is who she is today is insane - she's one of my inspirations," says Gomez in an interview with Seventeen magazine.
In the same interview, Selena also talked about Katy Perry's advice about boys since the actress is having some trouble about ex-boyfriend Justin Bieber. She told the magazine: "I actually talked to Katy Perry about guys who are intimidated by strong girls."
"I haven't found someone yet who could understand my lifestyle, support it, love me through it and not be threatened by it. It's hard. I do think I might scare some guys, because I'm like, 'I want to change the world! I have dreams! What do you want to do?' But I only know how to be me," says Gomez as she concluded the interview.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS