Selena Gomez & Demi Lovato Back as BFF's: 'Demi knows my darkest secrets'
By Riza Ornos | January 24, 2014 6:42 PM EST
Disney's BFF's Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato are back in each other arms after falling part for a while. The "Springbreakers" star revealed recently that she drifted apart from her childhood friend when Lovato checked into rehab to get help for her eating disorder in 2010.
"I've known her since we were 7, and we did fall apart for a while," revealed the "Come & Get It" hitmaker.
Selena's reason of backing away from her friend is that she didn't "understand" what she was going through. "She was going through things and I was so young and it was confusing. I processed it saying, 'OK, I don't understand what she's going through so I'm just going to do this," says Gomez.
"I don't think it was fair, and I'm so happy that I have her back in my life now," added the singer.
Selena also thinks that Demi's action of getting her life back on track is "incredible" and says that she considers the former "X-Factor" judge as one of her biggest inspirations. "Demi's very, very strong. She's the only person that I would tell the deepest, darkest secrets to. The only person," revealed the 21-year-old actress.
Lovato's willingness to share her struggles in the public is what inspires Gomez to reconnect with her old friend. Gomez and Lovato are now tighter than ever after going through a rough patch in their friendship.
"I feel like we're all given what we can handle, and clearly someone thought she could handle so much - and she could, and she did. And she's incredible for that. I couldn't imagine going through some of the things that she went through, and the fact that she is who she is today is insane - she's one of my inspirations," says Gomez in an interview with Seventeen magazine.
In the same interview, Selena also talked about Katy Perry's advice about boys since the actress is having some trouble about ex-boyfriend Justin Bieber. She told the magazine: "I actually talked to Katy Perry about guys who are intimidated by strong girls."
"I haven't found someone yet who could understand my lifestyle, support it, love me through it and not be threatened by it. It's hard. I do think I might scare some guys, because I'm like, 'I want to change the world! I have dreams! What do you want to do?' But I only know how to be me," says Gomez as she concluded the interview.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Miranda Kerr Broke Her Silence: Not Pregnant With James Packard’s Baby [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- Kanye West's 2010 Album 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' is Album of the Decade
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Kaley Cuoco Says ‘Season 8 Here We Come’ In Instagram Video, Sports Pixie Haircut
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year