Selena Gomez & Demi Lovato Back as BFF's: 'Demi knows my darkest secrets'
By Riza Ornos | January 24, 2014 6:42 PM EST
Disney's BFF's Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato are back in each other arms after falling part for a while. The "Springbreakers" star revealed recently that she drifted apart from her childhood friend when Lovato checked into rehab to get help for her eating disorder in 2010.
"I've known her since we were 7, and we did fall apart for a while," revealed the "Come & Get It" hitmaker.
Selena's reason of backing away from her friend is that she didn't "understand" what she was going through. "She was going through things and I was so young and it was confusing. I processed it saying, 'OK, I don't understand what she's going through so I'm just going to do this," says Gomez.
"I don't think it was fair, and I'm so happy that I have her back in my life now," added the singer.
Selena also thinks that Demi's action of getting her life back on track is "incredible" and says that she considers the former "X-Factor" judge as one of her biggest inspirations. "Demi's very, very strong. She's the only person that I would tell the deepest, darkest secrets to. The only person," revealed the 21-year-old actress.
Lovato's willingness to share her struggles in the public is what inspires Gomez to reconnect with her old friend. Gomez and Lovato are now tighter than ever after going through a rough patch in their friendship.
"I feel like we're all given what we can handle, and clearly someone thought she could handle so much - and she could, and she did. And she's incredible for that. I couldn't imagine going through some of the things that she went through, and the fact that she is who she is today is insane - she's one of my inspirations," says Gomez in an interview with Seventeen magazine.
In the same interview, Selena also talked about Katy Perry's advice about boys since the actress is having some trouble about ex-boyfriend Justin Bieber. She told the magazine: "I actually talked to Katy Perry about guys who are intimidated by strong girls."
"I haven't found someone yet who could understand my lifestyle, support it, love me through it and not be threatened by it. It's hard. I do think I might scare some guys, because I'm like, 'I want to change the world! I have dreams! What do you want to do?' But I only know how to be me," says Gomez as she concluded the interview.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money