Selena Gomez & Demi Lovato Back as BFF's: 'Demi knows my darkest secrets'
By Riza Ornos | January 24, 2014 6:42 PM EST
Disney's BFF's Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato are back in each other arms after falling part for a while. The "Springbreakers" star revealed recently that she drifted apart from her childhood friend when Lovato checked into rehab to get help for her eating disorder in 2010.
"I've known her since we were 7, and we did fall apart for a while," revealed the "Come & Get It" hitmaker.
Selena's reason of backing away from her friend is that she didn't "understand" what she was going through. "She was going through things and I was so young and it was confusing. I processed it saying, 'OK, I don't understand what she's going through so I'm just going to do this," says Gomez.
"I don't think it was fair, and I'm so happy that I have her back in my life now," added the singer.
Selena also thinks that Demi's action of getting her life back on track is "incredible" and says that she considers the former "X-Factor" judge as one of her biggest inspirations. "Demi's very, very strong. She's the only person that I would tell the deepest, darkest secrets to. The only person," revealed the 21-year-old actress.
Lovato's willingness to share her struggles in the public is what inspires Gomez to reconnect with her old friend. Gomez and Lovato are now tighter than ever after going through a rough patch in their friendship.
"I feel like we're all given what we can handle, and clearly someone thought she could handle so much - and she could, and she did. And she's incredible for that. I couldn't imagine going through some of the things that she went through, and the fact that she is who she is today is insane - she's one of my inspirations," says Gomez in an interview with Seventeen magazine.
In the same interview, Selena also talked about Katy Perry's advice about boys since the actress is having some trouble about ex-boyfriend Justin Bieber. She told the magazine: "I actually talked to Katy Perry about guys who are intimidated by strong girls."
"I haven't found someone yet who could understand my lifestyle, support it, love me through it and not be threatened by it. It's hard. I do think I might scare some guys, because I'm like, 'I want to change the world! I have dreams! What do you want to do?' But I only know how to be me," says Gomez as she concluded the interview.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date