Selena Gomez & Demi Lovato Back as BFF's: 'Demi knows my darkest secrets'
By Riza Ornos | January 24, 2014 6:42 PM EST
Disney's BFF's Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato are back in each other arms after falling part for a while. The "Springbreakers" star revealed recently that she drifted apart from her childhood friend when Lovato checked into rehab to get help for her eating disorder in 2010.
"I've known her since we were 7, and we did fall apart for a while," revealed the "Come & Get It" hitmaker.
Selena's reason of backing away from her friend is that she didn't "understand" what she was going through. "She was going through things and I was so young and it was confusing. I processed it saying, 'OK, I don't understand what she's going through so I'm just going to do this," says Gomez.
"I don't think it was fair, and I'm so happy that I have her back in my life now," added the singer.
Selena also thinks that Demi's action of getting her life back on track is "incredible" and says that she considers the former "X-Factor" judge as one of her biggest inspirations. "Demi's very, very strong. She's the only person that I would tell the deepest, darkest secrets to. The only person," revealed the 21-year-old actress.
Lovato's willingness to share her struggles in the public is what inspires Gomez to reconnect with her old friend. Gomez and Lovato are now tighter than ever after going through a rough patch in their friendship.
"I feel like we're all given what we can handle, and clearly someone thought she could handle so much - and she could, and she did. And she's incredible for that. I couldn't imagine going through some of the things that she went through, and the fact that she is who she is today is insane - she's one of my inspirations," says Gomez in an interview with Seventeen magazine.
In the same interview, Selena also talked about Katy Perry's advice about boys since the actress is having some trouble about ex-boyfriend Justin Bieber. She told the magazine: "I actually talked to Katy Perry about guys who are intimidated by strong girls."
"I haven't found someone yet who could understand my lifestyle, support it, love me through it and not be threatened by it. It's hard. I do think I might scare some guys, because I'm like, 'I want to change the world! I have dreams! What do you want to do?' But I only know how to be me," says Gomez as she concluded the interview.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 11 Premiere (Episode 1) Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘I Must Have Lost It On The Wind'
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best