Samsung Galaxy Note Lite 3 Release Roundup: May Release, LTE Version and Neo
By Precious Silva | January 24, 2014 6:36 PM EST
Along with Samsung Galaxy S5, Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Lite or Galaxy Neo has been making headlines for the last couple of weeks. While information came mostly from leaks, a Federal Communications Commission or FCC sighting proves that Samsung has a budget device in mind. The Samsung Galaxy Note Neo has passed FCC and will soon hit stores following official announcement.
A Samsung Galaxy Note II phone-cum-tablet is displayed during the first day of the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas January 8, 2013.
According to a report by Phone Arena, FCC images of the device have surfaced. The device bears a model number SM-M7505 and FCC ID A3LSMN7505. The report also indicated that the device already passed the FCC test last December 9, 2013 - January 8, 2014. Given the model number of the leaked images, analysts say the tested device pertains to Samsung Galaxy Note 3's LTE version.
"The FCC confirms the following: the Samsung SM-N7505 features LTE band 5 (850MHz - usable in South Korea at the moment, but not in the US), Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, and WCDMA 850/1900MHz," as stated in Phone Arena's report.
GSM Arena has also confirmed a number of specs for the device. According to their report, leaked documents of the Note 3 Neo shows that the device will feature an 8MP rear camera, 1.9MP front camera, 5.5-inch HD Super AMOLED display, 267ppi for pixel density, hexa-core processor and Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
According to an insider cited by SamMobile, a leaked screenshot of the Note 3 shows that it will be running on 6-cores. These cores are running simultaneously. Specifically, the leaked image shows the Note 3 Neo running on Samsung's own Exynos 5260 Hexa-Core SoC with Heterogeneous Multi-Processing (HMP) capabilities. Samsung has not provided any further details about the chipset of the upcoming device and other features. People will have to wait for the official announcement to understand what the device will be capable of doing.
Other reported features include air view, air command, air gesture, adapt display and sound including smart pause/scroll. SamMobile also added that the Note 3 Neo will offer larger S-Pen features. Some of these include the Screen Write, Air Command Action Memo, Scrapbook, Pen Windows, S Finder, Multi Windows, S Note, Direct Pen Input and new Easy Clip.
Most reports agree that Samsung will reveal the device likely during the Mobile World Congress this February.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast