Paul Walker: Touching Performance in ‘Hours’ & Honored at the Royston Modified Memorial Event [VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | January 24, 2014 5:48 PM EST
Months after his tragic accident, the late Paul Walker was honored at the Royston Modified Memorial event with more than 8,000 fans paying their respect to the "Fast & Furious" star. The late actor was given a minute of silence during the memorial event held at Santa Pod Raceway in Wellingborough, Northamptonshire on Saturday.
During the event, Paul non-profit organization "Reach Out Worldwide" (ROWW) managed to raise an astonishing £27,000. The donations will support the charity's rescue and recovery missions after major natural disasters around the globe.
According to Darren Bull, who launched Royston Modified, the convoy of cars is as long as six miles from the town just to get to the event. "It was a brilliant day, we had Quarter Mile Race Wars, a stunt team called Mission Motorsport, drift rides and a children's mini fair," says the 33-year-old dad.
"At lunchtime someone delivered a speech about Paul and we held a minute silence, it wasn't great weather but during that minute the sun came out and went back in again straight afterwards, it was a very surreal moment," he added.
Walker's Touching Performance in "Hours"
Died at the age of 40, Walker completed the movie "Hours" months before his untimely death and according to the reviews the actor gave a touching performance as a distraught father trying to save his daughter.
Walker plays Nolan Hayes, a father who attempts to save his newborn child who was left alone with a malfunctioning ventilator. "Hours" is set in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina and Walker's character is trapped alone inside of the hospital trying to save his daughter who can't breathe on her own.
Without a doubt, Walker delivered an emotional performance as he creates a stirring portrait of a father's devotion to his child. Filmed in New Orleans, "Hours" explores Walker's capacity to explore his character's ability to rise above the situation.
"Hours" was screened at several festivals and earned solid reviews for the Walker's performance. The film will be released by Pantelion, a joint partnership between Televisa and Lionsgate.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features