Paul Walker: Touching Performance in ‘Hours’ & Honored at the Royston Modified Memorial Event [VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | January 24, 2014 5:48 PM EST
Months after his tragic accident, the late Paul Walker was honored at the Royston Modified Memorial event with more than 8,000 fans paying their respect to the "Fast & Furious" star. The late actor was given a minute of silence during the memorial event held at Santa Pod Raceway in Wellingborough, Northamptonshire on Saturday.
During the event, Paul non-profit organization "Reach Out Worldwide" (ROWW) managed to raise an astonishing £27,000. The donations will support the charity's rescue and recovery missions after major natural disasters around the globe.
According to Darren Bull, who launched Royston Modified, the convoy of cars is as long as six miles from the town just to get to the event. "It was a brilliant day, we had Quarter Mile Race Wars, a stunt team called Mission Motorsport, drift rides and a children's mini fair," says the 33-year-old dad.
"At lunchtime someone delivered a speech about Paul and we held a minute silence, it wasn't great weather but during that minute the sun came out and went back in again straight afterwards, it was a very surreal moment," he added.
Walker's Touching Performance in "Hours"
Died at the age of 40, Walker completed the movie "Hours" months before his untimely death and according to the reviews the actor gave a touching performance as a distraught father trying to save his daughter.
Walker plays Nolan Hayes, a father who attempts to save his newborn child who was left alone with a malfunctioning ventilator. "Hours" is set in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina and Walker's character is trapped alone inside of the hospital trying to save his daughter who can't breathe on her own.
Without a doubt, Walker delivered an emotional performance as he creates a stirring portrait of a father's devotion to his child. Filmed in New Orleans, "Hours" explores Walker's capacity to explore his character's ability to rise above the situation.
"Hours" was screened at several festivals and earned solid reviews for the Walker's performance. The film will be released by Pantelion, a joint partnership between Televisa and Lionsgate.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]