Paul Walker: Touching Performance in ‘Hours’ & Honored at the Royston Modified Memorial Event [VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | January 24, 2014 5:48 PM EST
Months after his tragic accident, the late Paul Walker was honored at the Royston Modified Memorial event with more than 8,000 fans paying their respect to the "Fast & Furious" star. The late actor was given a minute of silence during the memorial event held at Santa Pod Raceway in Wellingborough, Northamptonshire on Saturday.
During the event, Paul non-profit organization "Reach Out Worldwide" (ROWW) managed to raise an astonishing £27,000. The donations will support the charity's rescue and recovery missions after major natural disasters around the globe.
According to Darren Bull, who launched Royston Modified, the convoy of cars is as long as six miles from the town just to get to the event. "It was a brilliant day, we had Quarter Mile Race Wars, a stunt team called Mission Motorsport, drift rides and a children's mini fair," says the 33-year-old dad.
"At lunchtime someone delivered a speech about Paul and we held a minute silence, it wasn't great weather but during that minute the sun came out and went back in again straight afterwards, it was a very surreal moment," he added.
Walker's Touching Performance in "Hours"
Died at the age of 40, Walker completed the movie "Hours" months before his untimely death and according to the reviews the actor gave a touching performance as a distraught father trying to save his daughter.
Walker plays Nolan Hayes, a father who attempts to save his newborn child who was left alone with a malfunctioning ventilator. "Hours" is set in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina and Walker's character is trapped alone inside of the hospital trying to save his daughter who can't breathe on her own.
Without a doubt, Walker delivered an emotional performance as he creates a stirring portrait of a father's devotion to his child. Filmed in New Orleans, "Hours" explores Walker's capacity to explore his character's ability to rise above the situation.
"Hours" was screened at several festivals and earned solid reviews for the Walker's performance. The film will be released by Pantelion, a joint partnership between Televisa and Lionsgate.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight