Paul Walker: Touching Performance in ‘Hours’ & Honored at the Royston Modified Memorial Event [VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | January 24, 2014 5:48 PM EST
Months after his tragic accident, the late Paul Walker was honored at the Royston Modified Memorial event with more than 8,000 fans paying their respect to the "Fast & Furious" star. The late actor was given a minute of silence during the memorial event held at Santa Pod Raceway in Wellingborough, Northamptonshire on Saturday.
During the event, Paul non-profit organization "Reach Out Worldwide" (ROWW) managed to raise an astonishing £27,000. The donations will support the charity's rescue and recovery missions after major natural disasters around the globe.
According to Darren Bull, who launched Royston Modified, the convoy of cars is as long as six miles from the town just to get to the event. "It was a brilliant day, we had Quarter Mile Race Wars, a stunt team called Mission Motorsport, drift rides and a children's mini fair," says the 33-year-old dad.
"At lunchtime someone delivered a speech about Paul and we held a minute silence, it wasn't great weather but during that minute the sun came out and went back in again straight afterwards, it was a very surreal moment," he added.
Walker's Touching Performance in "Hours"
Died at the age of 40, Walker completed the movie "Hours" months before his untimely death and according to the reviews the actor gave a touching performance as a distraught father trying to save his daughter.
Walker plays Nolan Hayes, a father who attempts to save his newborn child who was left alone with a malfunctioning ventilator. "Hours" is set in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina and Walker's character is trapped alone inside of the hospital trying to save his daughter who can't breathe on her own.
Without a doubt, Walker delivered an emotional performance as he creates a stirring portrait of a father's devotion to his child. Filmed in New Orleans, "Hours" explores Walker's capacity to explore his character's ability to rise above the situation.
"Hours" was screened at several festivals and earned solid reviews for the Walker's performance. The film will be released by Pantelion, a joint partnership between Televisa and Lionsgate.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 22-26, 2014: Consequences Of The Crichton-Clark Blast
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- Ryan Gosling And Eva Mendes Gushes Over Newborn Daughter
- ‘Top Gun 2’ Update: ‘The Jungle Book’ Writer Onboard, Tom Cruise Likely To Reprise His Role
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- 'ISIL Has To Be Defeated, Plain And Simple, End Of Story,' Sen. John Kerry
- New Samsung Galaxy S5 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Released, Verizon Guide and Installation