Paul Walker: Touching Performance in ‘Hours’ & Honored at the Royston Modified Memorial Event [VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | January 24, 2014 5:48 PM EST
Months after his tragic accident, the late Paul Walker was honored at the Royston Modified Memorial event with more than 8,000 fans paying their respect to the "Fast & Furious" star. The late actor was given a minute of silence during the memorial event held at Santa Pod Raceway in Wellingborough, Northamptonshire on Saturday.
During the event, Paul non-profit organization "Reach Out Worldwide" (ROWW) managed to raise an astonishing £27,000. The donations will support the charity's rescue and recovery missions after major natural disasters around the globe.
According to Darren Bull, who launched Royston Modified, the convoy of cars is as long as six miles from the town just to get to the event. "It was a brilliant day, we had Quarter Mile Race Wars, a stunt team called Mission Motorsport, drift rides and a children's mini fair," says the 33-year-old dad.
"At lunchtime someone delivered a speech about Paul and we held a minute silence, it wasn't great weather but during that minute the sun came out and went back in again straight afterwards, it was a very surreal moment," he added.
Walker's Touching Performance in "Hours"
Died at the age of 40, Walker completed the movie "Hours" months before his untimely death and according to the reviews the actor gave a touching performance as a distraught father trying to save his daughter.
Walker plays Nolan Hayes, a father who attempts to save his newborn child who was left alone with a malfunctioning ventilator. "Hours" is set in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina and Walker's character is trapped alone inside of the hospital trying to save his daughter who can't breathe on her own.
Without a doubt, Walker delivered an emotional performance as he creates a stirring portrait of a father's devotion to his child. Filmed in New Orleans, "Hours" explores Walker's capacity to explore his character's ability to rise above the situation.
"Hours" was screened at several festivals and earned solid reviews for the Walker's performance. The film will be released by Pantelion, a joint partnership between Televisa and Lionsgate.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales