Android 4.4 KitKat Update Ultimate Breakdown (2014)
By Vanessa Francisco | January 24, 2014 4:59 PM EST
The year 2014 is now here and Android 4.4 KitKat update rumours are starting to emerge from the shadows again. Owners of LC, Motorola, HTC, Sony and Samsung are looking for updates about their device KitKat updates and here is everything we need to know.
In November of 20113, Google debuted Android 4.4 KitKat and as expected, the update was incremental in delivering new features, improvements under the hood and new user interface tweaks. The update was basically built based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean with minor enhancements. Google immediately rolled out Android 4.4 KitKat updates for the Nexus 4, Nexus 10 and Nexus 7 but those devices are only among the few that have received the Android 4.4 KitKat update already. Owners have been scrambling for information as companies and carriers remained silent about the update.
The Android 4.4 KitKat update is important to owners because it not only brings new features but also supply key bug fixes to improve overall experience. The Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 2 owners are eager to have the Android 4.4 KitKat update given the issues Android 4.3 Jelly Bean brought with it.
HTC has already rolled out the Android 4.4 KitKat update to the Google and Developer Editions but the regular and old HTC One Android 4.4 KitKat remains missing. While French carrier SFR claimed it had started the roll out in January and HTC USA and HTC UK both promised to roll out the update by the end of January, it's only a few days from the end of the month and the only detail the users have is that the update is still in the testing process. The HTC One Max Android 4.4 KitKat update is said to arrive after the HTC One Android 4.4 KitKat update finishes rolling out. Same goes for the HTC One Mini Android 4.4 KitKat update, which is said to arrive in late February.
Meanwhile, the LG G2 Android 4.4 KitKat update is likely to arrive by the end of Q1 2014, which mean by the end of March. At the moment, there is still no information as to when the LG Optimus G Android 4.4 KitKat update will be inbound.
For the Samsung Galaxy S4 Android 4.4 KitKat update, a February or March release seems likely although specific dates are still unknown. The Samsung Galaxy S3 is in limbo right now because of Google's 18-month support rule. With the Galaxy S3's second birthday soon, the Galaxy S3 could certainly miss Android 4.4 KitKat but it is not what rumours suggest. Rumours say the Galaxy S3 Android 4.4 KitKat may potentially roll out in March just after the Galaxy S4 Android 4.4 KitKat update. The same goes for the Galaxy Note 2.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report