Justin Bieber’s Mom Allegedly Gave Him Drugs Before the DUI Arrest?
By Tarun Mazumdar | January 24, 2014 4:11 PM EST
Justin Bieber's mother Pattie Mallette gave her son the prescribed drugs he consumed before his DUI arrest. When police officials asked the pop star what substances he had taken, he confirmed that he was on marijuana, alcohol and prescribed medication.
Singer Justin Bieber performs during his Latin America tour concert at the Jockey Club in Asuncion November 6, 2013.
"[Justin] made statements he had consumed some alcohol, been smoking marijuana and consumed some prescription medication," said Police in a news conference.
According to reports, Justin Bieber was consuming anti-anxiety medicines like Xanax given to him by his mother, Pattie. It is not clear if he possesses his own prescription for the medication or if he is using Pattie's prescription. If he is using her mother's prescription, then it is illegal.
LATEST: Post DUI Arrest: Justin Bieber Drinking with his Daddy
According to Oceanup.com, Justin Bieber was spotted drinking with his dad Jeremy in South Beach. This happened just a few hours after he was released from Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Centre in Miami.
Reporter Gaby Fleischman of CBS News 4 Miami tweeted a photograph of Justin Bieber hanging out near a table with bottles around 5.30 p.m. EST Thursday. The photo was clicked at 14th Street and Colling near South Beach.
"Latest pic from Chopper 4 Bieber comes out to say hi," tweeted CBS Miami.
Meanwhile, a radio station named Hot 89.9 in Ottawa has boycotted Justin Bieber. They will not play any Bieber songs until he checks into a rehab for treatment.
However, brands like Adidas have continued to offer their support to Justin Bieber.
"Nothing is changing in our relationship with Mr. Bieber at this time," explained Adidas.
Last year, Justin Bieber made $58 million from nail polish, sneakers, headphones, a prepaid credit card, an acne cream named Proactiv and makeup.
Proactiv pays him close to $3million.
Miami Beach Mayor Philip Levine came strongly on Justin Bieber's irresponsible act. He said that the city won't tolerate Justin or anyone else drinking and driving. He denied that Justin Bieber might get special treatment considering he is this giant pop star.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 22-26, 2014: Consequences Of The Crichton-Clark Blast
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Samsung SM-A500 (aka Wallet-Friendly Galaxy Alpha) Clears TENAA Revealing Images And Specs
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2
- Scotland Voted Against Independence, Early Results Indicate