Justin Bieber’s Mom Allegedly Gave Him Drugs Before the DUI Arrest?
By Tarun Mazumdar | January 24, 2014 4:11 PM EST
Justin Bieber's mother Pattie Mallette gave her son the prescribed drugs he consumed before his DUI arrest. When police officials asked the pop star what substances he had taken, he confirmed that he was on marijuana, alcohol and prescribed medication.
Singer Justin Bieber performs during his Latin America tour concert at the Jockey Club in Asuncion November 6, 2013.
"[Justin] made statements he had consumed some alcohol, been smoking marijuana and consumed some prescription medication," said Police in a news conference.
According to reports, Justin Bieber was consuming anti-anxiety medicines like Xanax given to him by his mother, Pattie. It is not clear if he possesses his own prescription for the medication or if he is using Pattie's prescription. If he is using her mother's prescription, then it is illegal.
LATEST: Post DUI Arrest: Justin Bieber Drinking with his Daddy
According to Oceanup.com, Justin Bieber was spotted drinking with his dad Jeremy in South Beach. This happened just a few hours after he was released from Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Centre in Miami.
Reporter Gaby Fleischman of CBS News 4 Miami tweeted a photograph of Justin Bieber hanging out near a table with bottles around 5.30 p.m. EST Thursday. The photo was clicked at 14th Street and Colling near South Beach.
"Latest pic from Chopper 4 Bieber comes out to say hi," tweeted CBS Miami.
Meanwhile, a radio station named Hot 89.9 in Ottawa has boycotted Justin Bieber. They will not play any Bieber songs until he checks into a rehab for treatment.
However, brands like Adidas have continued to offer their support to Justin Bieber.
"Nothing is changing in our relationship with Mr. Bieber at this time," explained Adidas.
Last year, Justin Bieber made $58 million from nail polish, sneakers, headphones, a prepaid credit card, an acne cream named Proactiv and makeup.
Proactiv pays him close to $3million.
Miami Beach Mayor Philip Levine came strongly on Justin Bieber's irresponsible act. He said that the city won't tolerate Justin or anyone else drinking and driving. He denied that Justin Bieber might get special treatment considering he is this giant pop star.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Things to Know About ‘Surprising, Explosive Ending’ of Andi Dorfman’s Season
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC One E8 (Plastic Variant of HTC One M8) with 5-Inch Display, Dual-SIM, 801 Processor and 2 GB RAM to Hit New Markets Soon
- iPhone 6 Release Date in September 26 with Price Details and More Killer Features
- Apple iPad Mini Air: Three Fresh Features on the Smart Tablet to Wait for
- 4.7-Inch iPhone 6 Release Date is Sept 26 after iOS 8 GM Public Debut on Sept 17 – Reports