‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Spoilers: Daenerys & Her Dragons [VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | January 24, 2014 4:06 PM EST
HBO's "Game of Thrones" recently unveiled its Season 4 trailer and based on that few minutes of sneak preview Emilia Clarke's character Daenerrys Targaryen means business and she's feistier than ever. The preview features the Queen of Dragons sitting in her throne with her three enormous fire-breathing babies.
The 26-year-old actress recently spoke with Access Hollywood at the SAG Awards red carpet and revealed the use of her dragons to take her rightful inheritance - the Iron Throne. GOT's Season 4 trailer opens with the dragon's shadow covering the sky above in an unnamed city while Daenerys is commanding her army.
"They're huge! They're huge, they grew," says Emilia. "Her dragons help [get her to a throne]."
Now that her dragons are big enough to conquer any kingdom she wishes and the Unsullied army to protect her, Daenerys Targaryen is a force to be reckoned with in the upcoming season.
The trailer also revealed a vicious quote from Daenerys saying: "They have a choice: They can live in my new world or they can die in their old one."
Based on the book series "A Song of Ice and Fire" written by George R.R. Martin, 'Game of Thrones" Season 4 features Daenerys as the Queen of Mereen but not yet the Queen of Seven Kingdoms. After what happened in Astapor, the Mother of Dragons vowed to be a more responsible conqueror where she will stay and rule the freed slaves and masters.
Other spoilers also revealed that Daenerys trusted protector Ser Jorah Mormont will betray her once again and will find himself in exile in the second half of "A Storm of Swords." The new season may also invent some new drama where Dany and Daario's relationship will get to the next level, and her dragons causing more problems.
"One of the interesting things about the books, and hopefully the show, is that the weapons of mass destruction in this world are living breathing things. And as they get older that presents problems," says show's creator David Benioff.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues