US FDA Bans More Products from Ranbaxy
January 24, 2014 2:17 PM EST
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration said on Thursday it has banned more products from drugmaker Ranbaxy Laboratories (RANB.NS) from entering the United States due to manufacturing violations.
A Ranbaxy office building in Mohali
The FDA said Ranbaxy is prohibited from making and distributing pharmaceutical ingredients from its facility in Toansa, India "to prevent substandard quality products from reaching U.S. consumers."
The move follows an FDA inspection of the facility which identified significant violations of good manufacturing practices.
Staff at the Toansa facility were found to have retested raw materials and other ingredients after the items failed analytical testing "in order to produce acceptable findings," and did not report or investigate the failures, the FDA said.
The ban is the latest in a series of measures taken by the FDA to keep substandard products made by Ranbaxy out of the U.S. market. The FDA previously banned products from the company's facilities in Paonta Sahib, Dewas and Mohali as part of a consent decree designed to ensure compliance with good manufacturing practices.
The FDA's latest move means Ranbaxy's products are all but entirely banned from the United States.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone