iPhone 6 Release Date is July-Sept 2014: Expect the Next iPhones in 4.5-Inch & 5-Inch Screen Profiles
By Erik Pineda | January 24, 2014 2:13 PM EST
CTF0 via DeviantArt
iPhone 6 Concept Image
The phone display profiles suggest that Apple is shying away from the supersized smartphone screens that Android gadget makers have been churning out in the past few years. However, with a possible 5-inch iPhone in the horizon, it appears that the tech giant is partly playing into the constantly expanding phablet market.
Apple Insider has reported (via The Wall Street Journal) that the next generation iOS smartphone is touching down in the second half of 2014, replicating the approach that was introduced in late 2013, which means that there will be two iPhones to rollout.
The first variant will boast of a 4.5-inch screen, indicating that Apple has finally decided to fight it out with the large-screen rivals out there but stopping short of going oversize. Per The WSJ report, this same build will replace the plastic-wrapped iPhone 5C and unlike its predecessor, the casing will be a combination of metal (on the back portion and edges) and glass (on front).
It was unclear from the report what name the 'smaller iPhone' will take on debut time.
The second model, on the other hand, is a 5-inch device that likely will take on the flagship status. Assumingly, this could end up as the rumoured iPhone 6, having a near phablet-size screen that should satisfy clamour from iOS fans that were enamoured by mobile phones like the Galaxy S4 and Nexus 5.
While the 5-inch iPhone 6 is still in the development phase, its smaller sibling, the same report said, is all set for volume production anytime soon. This implied that there will be two iPhone release dates for 2014 as oppose to the simultaneous launch of the iPhone 5S and 5C in September 2013.
When referenced to recent Apple release forecasts that were provided by numerous analysts, the 4.5-inch iPhone could arrive by July 2014. It bigger brother should be out at around the same time the iPhone 5S was let out last year.
The newly reported screen sizes are in line with previous analyst projections that for the next iPhones, Apple is packing larger screens but not too big. Ming-chi Kuo of KGI Securities has been insistent that Apple CEO Tim Cook will not breach the 5-inch mark in building the 2014 iPhone version.
The main reason is, Cook would want the new iPhones to remain optimal for one-hand device navigation while providing more screen space, Kuo said.
Apart from having stretched screen on release date, the iPhone 6 is also rumoured to deliver faster wireless connectivity both for cellular and Wi-Fi access, a very solid Liquidmetal casing, sapphire glass cover and coating, 64-bit A8 processing chip and an iOS 8 that is fully-coded for compatibility with 64-bit mobile computing environment.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast