HTC One 2 (M8) Release Date After MWC 2014 With High End Specs And Features?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | January 24, 2014 2:07 PM EST
An attendee tests the new HTC One during a launch event in New York, February 19, 2013.
After HTC One was recognized as one of the best smartphones in 2013, HTC made the best decision of introducing its successor at a separate launching event to properly present its new flagship phone. The company will probably skip the MWC next month and release the handset in March.
An HTC insider told Bloomberg that HTC M8 will pack a larger screen display of about 5 inches in size. The source added HTC One 2 will be powered by Qualcomm's latest Snapdragon processor and twin-sensor rear camera paired with HTC's ultrapixel technology to deliver high quality photos and videos and better image quality.
Moreover, GSMArena spotted a leaked User Agent Profile from the HTC Web site showing that HTC M8 will pack a 2K resolution HD screen instead of the full HD resolution. The leaked also showed the new model will not have any physical buttons and pack a virtual or capacitive buttons.
Also, HTC One 2 will most probably run with the latest Android 4.4 Kitkat OS paired with HTC Sense 6.0 user interface aimed to deliver a fluid and smooth experience.
However, HTC M8 may not the only smartphone that consumers must watch out for. According to the Indonesian certification database Postel, two HTC smartphones will be launched this quarter.
The other HTC smartphone coming next month, the earliest, is the HTC D310w, which is speculated to be a mid-range smartphone aiming for emerging markets. Reports predicted that HTC D310w is the next addition to the Desire line that is quite popular in Asia and Europe.
HTC D310w may pack a Snapdragon processor inside paired with a smaller RAM. The device will cost around $330. However, HTC still has not confirmed the details of its upcoming smartphones. One of ythe biggest challenges of the Taiwanese manufacturer is marketing the device. Despite the fact that the smartphone is well-received by critics, selling it is quite difficult for the company due to intense competition.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report