PS4 News: PS Plus EU February Line-up, 'Infamous: Second Son' Online Multiplayer and 'Tomb Raider' at 60 FPS, All Confirmed
By Gel Galang | January 24, 2014 1:53 PM EST
The PS Plus offers for Europe for February have already been revealed over at PlayStation Blog Europe. The PS4 is getting the horror game "Outlast" starting Feb 5. "Outlast" is a game that's not for the faint of heart considering that player will be breaking into an asylum up in the mountains in the quest for uncovering unnatural secrets. The upside to being a PS Plus member is access to the PS4 online multiplayer of the game.
For the PS3, February will have "Metro: Last Light," the successful title from Deep Silver. Moving from the post-apocalyptic survival game, players also have "BioShock Infinite," Irrational Games' acclaimed title for 2013.
PS Vita players can look forward to "Dynasty Warriors Next," which pits gamers against hoards of enemy troops, and "ModNation Racers: Road Trip" where players have access to more than 500,000 tracks online.
*These Kickstarter games have a high chance of debuting on the PS4. Learn about the new games and see if you'd like to join in the crowdfunding: Read here for more.
There's still time to get January PS Plus games before Jan 29. These include "DmC Devil May Cry," "Remember Me," "Soul Sacrifice," "Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend" and "GTA Liberty City Stories PSP." "Don't Starve" and "RESOGUN" will be available on Feb 5.
*Where do you stand in the issue of Xbox One and Machinima's tactic of paying YouTubers for good image? Read the full story here.
'Infamous: Second Son' Confirmed with Multiplayer
"Infamous: Second Son" is one of the most anticipated games for the PS4, and now another new feature may make it even more appealing to gamers.
DualShockers unearthed possible information wherein more clues have pointed out to a possible online multiplayer mode for "Infamous: Second Son." The screenshot in the link is one of these clues, which says "Online: Supported" unlike other PS4 games which don't have the same mention.
*"Titanfall" footage has been leaked from the closed alpha: Check it out here to see what's brewing in the game.
Sadly, there have been no announcements yet from developer Sucker Punch about the online multiplayer. But the source did mention that the hint on the Japanese Web site can have just much gravity when it comes to what to expect from "Infamous: Second Son."
PS4 Trumps Xbox One in 'Tomb Raider' Frame Rates
While gamers have seen how beautiful the difference is between the PS3's and the PS4's Lara Croft in "Tomb Raider," apparently it will be a bit more beautiful on the PS4.
"Looking here, this is the PS4 version running at 60FPS, again at 1080p. That's awesome for that to be able to showcase because when you get your hands on it you can feel it," said Scot Amos, executive producer, in an interview quoted by Videogamer.
But when compared to the Xbox One, it does stand at a higher position, since the Xbox One can only run up to 30 FPS. Even though others may not find any difference in this, it still stands as proof that, power-wise, the PS4 stands more superior.
Still, Eurogamer adds that even though the Xbox One is only running at 30 FPS, this is actually the target for Microsoft's console. "That was our target, and I'm very happy to say we've achieved that target on both consoles and anything above that is just gravy," said Mr Amos.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- AT&T Nexus 6 Returned To Motorola Due To Software Bug: Black Screen And Failure To Connect To Service
- Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For HTC One Google Play Editions Delayed Due To New Software Request
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Gets Errors Despite Patches; Devs Update Fans On Online Heists
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Best Black Friday 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More