PS4 News: PS Plus EU February Line-up, 'Infamous: Second Son' Online Multiplayer and 'Tomb Raider' at 60 FPS, All Confirmed
By Gel Galang | January 24, 2014 1:53 PM EST
The PS Plus offers for Europe for February have already been revealed over at PlayStation Blog Europe. The PS4 is getting the horror game "Outlast" starting Feb 5. "Outlast" is a game that's not for the faint of heart considering that player will be breaking into an asylum up in the mountains in the quest for uncovering unnatural secrets. The upside to being a PS Plus member is access to the PS4 online multiplayer of the game.
For the PS3, February will have "Metro: Last Light," the successful title from Deep Silver. Moving from the post-apocalyptic survival game, players also have "BioShock Infinite," Irrational Games' acclaimed title for 2013.
PS Vita players can look forward to "Dynasty Warriors Next," which pits gamers against hoards of enemy troops, and "ModNation Racers: Road Trip" where players have access to more than 500,000 tracks online.
*These Kickstarter games have a high chance of debuting on the PS4. Learn about the new games and see if you'd like to join in the crowdfunding: Read here for more.
There's still time to get January PS Plus games before Jan 29. These include "DmC Devil May Cry," "Remember Me," "Soul Sacrifice," "Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend" and "GTA Liberty City Stories PSP." "Don't Starve" and "RESOGUN" will be available on Feb 5.
*Where do you stand in the issue of Xbox One and Machinima's tactic of paying YouTubers for good image? Read the full story here.
'Infamous: Second Son' Confirmed with Multiplayer
"Infamous: Second Son" is one of the most anticipated games for the PS4, and now another new feature may make it even more appealing to gamers.
DualShockers unearthed possible information wherein more clues have pointed out to a possible online multiplayer mode for "Infamous: Second Son." The screenshot in the link is one of these clues, which says "Online: Supported" unlike other PS4 games which don't have the same mention.
*"Titanfall" footage has been leaked from the closed alpha: Check it out here to see what's brewing in the game.
Sadly, there have been no announcements yet from developer Sucker Punch about the online multiplayer. But the source did mention that the hint on the Japanese Web site can have just much gravity when it comes to what to expect from "Infamous: Second Son."
PS4 Trumps Xbox One in 'Tomb Raider' Frame Rates
While gamers have seen how beautiful the difference is between the PS3's and the PS4's Lara Croft in "Tomb Raider," apparently it will be a bit more beautiful on the PS4.
"Looking here, this is the PS4 version running at 60FPS, again at 1080p. That's awesome for that to be able to showcase because when you get your hands on it you can feel it," said Scot Amos, executive producer, in an interview quoted by Videogamer.
But when compared to the Xbox One, it does stand at a higher position, since the Xbox One can only run up to 30 FPS. Even though others may not find any difference in this, it still stands as proof that, power-wise, the PS4 stands more superior.
Still, Eurogamer adds that even though the Xbox One is only running at 30 FPS, this is actually the target for Microsoft's console. "That was our target, and I'm very happy to say we've achieved that target on both consoles and anything above that is just gravy," said Mr Amos.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 'No Man's Sky' For PlayStation 4: The Sun Will Burn Out But The Game Will Go On (Watch Trailer)
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates And A ‘Doctor Who’ DLC Coming
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ 1.17 Update May Feature Hydra and Army DLC As New Verified Jobs Emerge
- Android 5.0 L Update Forecast For Sony Xperia Z Series, Mid-Range and Low-Cost Devices
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Dragon Age Keep Save Import and Multiplayer Mode Explained
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine
- Amazon Threatened by Google’s Partnership with Barnes and Noble