'Watch Dogs' Confirmed for March 2014, DLC Already in the Works?
By Gel Galang | January 24, 2014 1:19 PM EST
Fans can't seem to wait for "Watch Dogs" and have kept vigil on the release date of the delayed game. This may have proved to be fruitful, if a snapshot from Official Xbox Magazine is to be believed.
Over at Reddit, Redditor Neoncloudff has posted a screenshot that explicitly states "Watch Dogs: Hack-'n'-shoot, Dev: Ubisoft Montreal; Pub: Ubisoft; Realeases March."
In addition, this is further expanded on in the text body of the image, "The high-tech thriller is now set for a March release, and its real-world setting of Chicago means the reality-based infrastructure makes it a 'great fit' for the game, according to creative director Jonathan Morin."
*4J Studios is hard at work for the "Minecraft" PS3 and TU 14. Check out the updates form the developer here.
There have been a number of speculations as to the delay of the game, though there have been previous reports pertaining to the possibility that Ubisoft had tried avoid releasing "Watch Dogs" with other games, which can interfere with sales.
Cinema Blend reports that stiff competition may have contributed to the delay of "Watch Dogs." Putting "Watch Dogs" on a separate release date may be a way to highlight its release and set itself apart from all the other big hitters for the next-gen consoles.
"We believe that management was also concerned about the strong competition for wallet share Watch Dogs faced at the holidays from Grand Theft Auto V, Battlefield 4, and a new Call of Duty, among others," said analyst Michael Pachter from Wedbush Morgan Securities.
Still the March release is as good a speculation as any, with the snapshot proving to be a good enough starting point for validity.
'Watch Dogs' DLC Already in the Pipeline Before Game Release?
Speaking of all the hype, there has also been talk of the planned DLC that Ubisoft has for "Watch Dogs." Ubisoft North American president Laurent Detoc gave an interview with TotalXbox.com and mentioned a few possibilities for expansion.
*The names of maps for "Battlefield 4's" Naval Strike DLC have been leaked: Read here for the details.
"Yeah, we're working on DLC plans right now, we definitely intend to have a DLC... we're looking at early next year for potentially good timing for us, for that. There's a lot of stories for us to tell in the Watch Dogs universe, and there's different perspectives we'd like to explore, so I think for us it would be a great opportunity," said Mr Detoc in an interview with TotalXbox.com.
Aside from Aiden Pearce, whom players will get to know more of and play when the game releases, there are also a bunch of characters that will be introduced to enrich the world of "Watch Dogs."
According to the report, there was even a mention of Clara Lille, which is shown in one of the teasers to be a tattooed woman with interesting hair who shows a smartphone to Aiden. Apparently, this character will be an ally, though not much detail has been given away yet.
"There is a large cast of characters that you will be crossing paths with that are going to be either allies or enemies or acquaintances that are going to have a big role to play in the storyline," said Mr Detoc.
*Having problems with the PS4 in terms of saving your files? Check out a temporary solution here.
What's even more interesting is that "Watch Dogs" plans to make the most out of the gray shades in morality of characters. This seems to be going in the direction where gamers and media consumers are basically evolving and opting for more complex and realistic portrayal of characters, and Mr Detoc promises that there will be a lot of these in "Watch Dogs."
What can also be interesting is if the "Watch Dogs" DLC will allow players to step into the shoes of these other characters and see the universe beyond Aiden Pearce's point of view. Either that or have another character as a sidekick, like Elizabeth was to Booker DeWitt. Add in challenges of never being able to know if a person is good or bad and gamers have an even more complex plot weaved into the thriller.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Updates; PokeNav And Pokemon Halloween Detailed
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage