Hong Kong Billionaire Offers HK$1B to Man Who Will Marry His Lesbian Daughter and Make Her Straight
By Kristin Dian Mariano | January 24, 2014 12:01 PM EST
Hong Kong real estate tycoon is offering HK$1 billion ($120 million) to anyone who will marry his lesbian daughter and can make her steer away from lesbianism.
Cecil Chao Sze-tsung is unimpressed that his daughter, Gigi Chao, got married with her girlfriend and offered a "marriage bounty" to a guy who can win his daughter's heart.
The billionaire says he is prepared to pay £40million to find the ideal husband for his daughter
"Anyone who comes along to pursue Gigi, we will give them a moderately deluxe life," Mr Chao said.
This is not the first time that the Hong Kong billionaire put up a reward for this cause. In Sept. 2012, Mr Chao offered HK$500 million ($65 million) for the same condition. According to reports, more than 20,000 guys responded to the challenge. However, the business tycoon and his daughter were unhappy with the results. Thus, he doubled his offer in order to attract suitable suitors for his daughter.
Mr Chao planned to pass on his successful empire to his daughter only if she will marry. If she does not, the mogul is thinking of passing the whole business to his two other sons.
He insisted that it is "not too late" to change his daughter's mind on her sexuality. "I don't want to interfere with my daughter's private life. I only hope for her to have a good marriage and children as well as inherit my business," Mr Chao said in one of his interviews.
Ms Chao, on the other hand, is very grateful to have a very loving father. However, she said she thinks that she would be able to attract a man she would find attractive despite the huge amounts of money that her dad offers.
Meanwhile, Gigi Chao got married in 2012 to her girlfriend for seven years, Sean Eav, in France. Ms Chao, like his father, is an executive director of luxury property development company Cheuk Nang, which has projects in Hong Kong, China, Macau and Malaysia.
Ms Chao is also an LGBT activist involved in Big Love Alliance, a gay rights group that lobbies the government to pass anti-discrimination legislation.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS