Hong Kong Billionaire Offers HK$1B to Man Who Will Marry His Lesbian Daughter and Make Her Straight
By Kristin Dian Mariano | January 24, 2014 12:01 PM EST
Hong Kong real estate tycoon is offering HK$1 billion ($120 million) to anyone who will marry his lesbian daughter and can make her steer away from lesbianism.
Cecil Chao Sze-tsung is unimpressed that his daughter, Gigi Chao, got married with her girlfriend and offered a "marriage bounty" to a guy who can win his daughter's heart.
The billionaire says he is prepared to pay £40million to find the ideal husband for his daughter
"Anyone who comes along to pursue Gigi, we will give them a moderately deluxe life," Mr Chao said.
This is not the first time that the Hong Kong billionaire put up a reward for this cause. In Sept. 2012, Mr Chao offered HK$500 million ($65 million) for the same condition. According to reports, more than 20,000 guys responded to the challenge. However, the business tycoon and his daughter were unhappy with the results. Thus, he doubled his offer in order to attract suitable suitors for his daughter.
Mr Chao planned to pass on his successful empire to his daughter only if she will marry. If she does not, the mogul is thinking of passing the whole business to his two other sons.
He insisted that it is "not too late" to change his daughter's mind on her sexuality. "I don't want to interfere with my daughter's private life. I only hope for her to have a good marriage and children as well as inherit my business," Mr Chao said in one of his interviews.
Ms Chao, on the other hand, is very grateful to have a very loving father. However, she said she thinks that she would be able to attract a man she would find attractive despite the huge amounts of money that her dad offers.
Meanwhile, Gigi Chao got married in 2012 to her girlfriend for seven years, Sean Eav, in France. Ms Chao, like his father, is an executive director of luxury property development company Cheuk Nang, which has projects in Hong Kong, China, Macau and Malaysia.
Ms Chao is also an LGBT activist involved in Big Love Alliance, a gay rights group that lobbies the government to pass anti-discrimination legislation.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More