Hong Kong Billionaire Offers HK$1B to Man Who Will Marry His Lesbian Daughter and Make Her Straight
By Kristin Dian Mariano | January 24, 2014 12:01 PM EST
Hong Kong real estate tycoon is offering HK$1 billion ($120 million) to anyone who will marry his lesbian daughter and can make her steer away from lesbianism.
Cecil Chao Sze-tsung is unimpressed that his daughter, Gigi Chao, got married with her girlfriend and offered a "marriage bounty" to a guy who can win his daughter's heart.
The billionaire says he is prepared to pay £40million to find the ideal husband for his daughter
"Anyone who comes along to pursue Gigi, we will give them a moderately deluxe life," Mr Chao said.
This is not the first time that the Hong Kong billionaire put up a reward for this cause. In Sept. 2012, Mr Chao offered HK$500 million ($65 million) for the same condition. According to reports, more than 20,000 guys responded to the challenge. However, the business tycoon and his daughter were unhappy with the results. Thus, he doubled his offer in order to attract suitable suitors for his daughter.
Mr Chao planned to pass on his successful empire to his daughter only if she will marry. If she does not, the mogul is thinking of passing the whole business to his two other sons.
He insisted that it is "not too late" to change his daughter's mind on her sexuality. "I don't want to interfere with my daughter's private life. I only hope for her to have a good marriage and children as well as inherit my business," Mr Chao said in one of his interviews.
Ms Chao, on the other hand, is very grateful to have a very loving father. However, she said she thinks that she would be able to attract a man she would find attractive despite the huge amounts of money that her dad offers.
Meanwhile, Gigi Chao got married in 2012 to her girlfriend for seven years, Sean Eav, in France. Ms Chao, like his father, is an executive director of luxury property development company Cheuk Nang, which has projects in Hong Kong, China, Macau and Malaysia.
Ms Chao is also an LGBT activist involved in Big Love Alliance, a gay rights group that lobbies the government to pass anti-discrimination legislation.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- 3 Basic Requirements to Start Converting Your House into a Smart Home
- 3 Keys to Real Estate Selling Success, According to Aussie Superstar Agent
- U.S. Housing Starts Data in July Turns Around Lackluster Real Estate Growth
- Three U.S. Federal Agencies Cooperate for More Housing Choices
- Canada Developers Have a Taste for U.S. Hotspots
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Trending: Ice Bucket Challenge Replaced By Rubble Bucket Challenge By People Of Gaza