Hong Kong Billionaire Offers HK$1B to Man Who Will Marry His Lesbian Daughter and Make Her Straight
By Kristin Dian Mariano | January 24, 2014 12:01 PM EST
Hong Kong real estate tycoon is offering HK$1 billion ($120 million) to anyone who will marry his lesbian daughter and can make her steer away from lesbianism.
Cecil Chao Sze-tsung is unimpressed that his daughter, Gigi Chao, got married with her girlfriend and offered a "marriage bounty" to a guy who can win his daughter's heart.
The billionaire says he is prepared to pay £40million to find the ideal husband for his daughter
"Anyone who comes along to pursue Gigi, we will give them a moderately deluxe life," Mr Chao said.
This is not the first time that the Hong Kong billionaire put up a reward for this cause. In Sept. 2012, Mr Chao offered HK$500 million ($65 million) for the same condition. According to reports, more than 20,000 guys responded to the challenge. However, the business tycoon and his daughter were unhappy with the results. Thus, he doubled his offer in order to attract suitable suitors for his daughter.
Mr Chao planned to pass on his successful empire to his daughter only if she will marry. If she does not, the mogul is thinking of passing the whole business to his two other sons.
He insisted that it is "not too late" to change his daughter's mind on her sexuality. "I don't want to interfere with my daughter's private life. I only hope for her to have a good marriage and children as well as inherit my business," Mr Chao said in one of his interviews.
Ms Chao, on the other hand, is very grateful to have a very loving father. However, she said she thinks that she would be able to attract a man she would find attractive despite the huge amounts of money that her dad offers.
Meanwhile, Gigi Chao got married in 2012 to her girlfriend for seven years, Sean Eav, in France. Ms Chao, like his father, is an executive director of luxury property development company Cheuk Nang, which has projects in Hong Kong, China, Macau and Malaysia.
Ms Chao is also an LGBT activist involved in Big Love Alliance, a gay rights group that lobbies the government to pass anti-discrimination legislation.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Analyst: Slowdown in Home Prices is Good, the Final Stage to Economic Recovery
- Film Buff and Real Estate Developer Buys Third Movie House in Greenwich Village
- 3 Basic Requirements to Start Converting Your House into a Smart Home
- 3 Keys to Real Estate Selling Success, According to Aussie Superstar Agent
- U.S. Housing Starts Data in July Turns Around Lackluster Real Estate Growth
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying