[WATCH] 'Frozen's' 'Let It Go' in 25 Languages
By Jesselle Maminta | January 24, 2014 10:55 AM EST
Can you imagine Queen Elsa singing ''Let It Go'' in Japanese?
Disney released a multilingual version of ''Let It Go,'' the Oscar-nominated song from the film ''Frozen,'' as its special token of gratitude for the film's fans around the world.
The company released ''Let It Go's'' 25-language version through a video upload where the song is synced into the sequence from ''Frozen'' where Elsa is building her castle using her powers. Languages featured in the song include Latin American Spanish, Bahasa Malaysia, Flemish, Mandarin and Cantonese.
But before saying "Really? Idina Menzel can sing in Catalan?," Yahoo! Movies confirmed that each of the versions is performed by different artists.
"Who knew someone could sound so much like Menzel... in Mandarin!?" writes Yahoo! further.
Actually, this mashup is only a part of Disney's efforts to release ''Frozen,'' in its entirety, in the 25 languages featured in this multilingual version.
Various critics were floored by the multilingual version of ''Let It Go.'' Time Online shared the video with no accompanying article, only a simple "No words, just watch and listen."
Thought Catalog, on the other hand, was impressed by how the singers from each of the versions sounded like Menzel.
"How they managed to get the tones so similar and so lovely is pretty impressive (it almost sounds like they're all performed by the same girl)."
A reviewer for Fanpop listed down his top 10 non-English versions of ''Let It Go'' after listening to all 25 versions of the song and translating the lyrics back to English. User FlightofFantasy ranked the song by the quality of the singer's voices and the translation of the lyrics, regardless of whether or not it is close to the original version.
Meanwhile, Disney also announced the release of the sing-along version of ''Frozen,'' which will also be released in theaters on Jan. 31.
''Frozen'' premiered in US theaters last Thanksgiving, Nov. 28, and has since earned more than $642 million worldwide. Its soundtrack, on the other hand, reached the top spot in the Billboard charts, with ''Let It Go'' at the 25th place in the Billboard Hot 100.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales