[WATCH] 'Frozen's' 'Let It Go' in 25 Languages
By Jesselle Maminta | January 24, 2014 10:55 AM EST
Can you imagine Queen Elsa singing ''Let It Go'' in Japanese?
Disney released a multilingual version of ''Let It Go,'' the Oscar-nominated song from the film ''Frozen,'' as its special token of gratitude for the film's fans around the world.
The company released ''Let It Go's'' 25-language version through a video upload where the song is synced into the sequence from ''Frozen'' where Elsa is building her castle using her powers. Languages featured in the song include Latin American Spanish, Bahasa Malaysia, Flemish, Mandarin and Cantonese.
But before saying "Really? Idina Menzel can sing in Catalan?," Yahoo! Movies confirmed that each of the versions is performed by different artists.
"Who knew someone could sound so much like Menzel... in Mandarin!?" writes Yahoo! further.
Actually, this mashup is only a part of Disney's efforts to release ''Frozen,'' in its entirety, in the 25 languages featured in this multilingual version.
Various critics were floored by the multilingual version of ''Let It Go.'' Time Online shared the video with no accompanying article, only a simple "No words, just watch and listen."
Thought Catalog, on the other hand, was impressed by how the singers from each of the versions sounded like Menzel.
"How they managed to get the tones so similar and so lovely is pretty impressive (it almost sounds like they're all performed by the same girl)."
A reviewer for Fanpop listed down his top 10 non-English versions of ''Let It Go'' after listening to all 25 versions of the song and translating the lyrics back to English. User FlightofFantasy ranked the song by the quality of the singer's voices and the translation of the lyrics, regardless of whether or not it is close to the original version.
Meanwhile, Disney also announced the release of the sing-along version of ''Frozen,'' which will also be released in theaters on Jan. 31.
''Frozen'' premiered in US theaters last Thanksgiving, Nov. 28, and has since earned more than $642 million worldwide. Its soundtrack, on the other hand, reached the top spot in the Billboard charts, with ''Let It Go'' at the 25th place in the Billboard Hot 100.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- The Bachelor Update: Find Out if Juan Pablo and Nikki Ferrell Are Still With Each Other
- Transfer News: Ron Vlaar to Consider Villa Exit, May Move to Tottenham
- AS Roma's Seydou Keita Throws Water Bottle at Real Madrid defender Pepe for Spitting [VIDEO]
- The Mentalist Season 7 Spoilers: CBS Skips Simon Baker's Patrick Jane in Fall Schedule, Josie Loren Joins Cast
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Update: Maisie Williams Talks Arya Stark, Lady Stoneheart, and Surprises
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell