2Day FM Promotes Kyle & Jackie O On Facebook While Kiis FM Accused Of Calling Fans To Switch Stations
By Anne Lu | January 24, 2014 6:56 AM EST
2Day FM is trying to end the war with its former DJs Kyle Sandilands and Jackie O with a Facebook promotion. The radio station directed fans of the radio partners to their new page in what seemed to be a conciliatory move, but the new Kiis 1065 breakfast show employees aren’t keen to reconcile with their former employer yet.
“We understand some of you miss Kyle & Jackie O...,” the message on 2Day FM’s Facebook page reads, adding the link to the duo’s new Facebook page.
The message includes a photo of text that reads: “Dear Facebook Friends... We want a fun, positive, and friendly community. #2DayFMBreakfast”
However, ARN, the owners of Kiis, didn’t appear to be in the mood to return 2Day FM’s friendly gesture.
“The Kiis 1065 team were of course really happy to see that 2Day are letting Kyle and Jackie O fans know where to find their favourite breakfast show,” a spokesman was quoted by Sydney Morning Herald as saying.
The new 2Day FM breakfast team – Jules Lund, Merrick Watts, Sophie Monk, and Mel B – were also refusing to join in the fight between the station and Sandilands and Jackie O, just replying with “no comment” when asked about the feud.
Meanwhile, Kiis FM is being accused of attempting to lure loyal 2Day FM listeners to switch to its network and watch the new Kyle and Jackie O show.
According to news.com.au, some 2Day fans have received calls from Kiis. They vented their frustration on a private Facebook account they call 2Day FM Super VIPs.
“I just got my seventh phone call in three days from Kiis FM,” one member wrote, as read by the news site.
“I asked him (the producer) how he got my number. He said, ‘oh from your ringing the Kyle and Jackie O show before.’ I then told him, ‘but I’ve never called Kiis FM,’ and he said, ‘oh no from when Kyle and Jackie O were on 2Day FM.’ Then he panicked and said, ‘oh sorry mate I’ve got to go, and he hung up on me.”
The same have been echoed by other members, who claim that they’ve been getting calls from the other station every morning and afternoon.
An ARN spokesman, however, denied the accusations to news.com.au.
“Kiis 1065 don’t have access to any 2Day VIP Facebook list,” the rep said. “Kyle & Jackie O’s show takes up to 1000 calls each morning from passionate listeners and we keep some of those callers’ details to reward the big dans who want to keep communicating with Kyle & Jackie on air.
“In just three days on air at Kiis 1065, the huge response from Kyle & Jackie O fans on both social media and callers to the show are a combination of existing and new fans.”
Sandilands and Jackie O announced in November that they were ending their ten-year run on 2Day FM in January after allegedly getting into a salary dispute with the station bosses. They began their new show on Kiis in January.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers, Speculations: Stana Katic in More ‘Beast’ Action, Nathan Fillion Mulls Caskett Wedding Schedule
- Scandal Season 4 Update: Premiere Episode Title Revealed, A Different New Season
- Transfer News: In Demand Everton Midfielder Silence Speculations by Penning New Deal [VIDEO]
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Reebok Launches Bacon Line to Lure CrossFit and Paleo Diet Fans
- Transfer News: Star Midfielder Pledges Future with Manchester City [VIDEO]
- ACT Party's Demand to Re Consider Maoris Privileges Evokes Reprimand