2Day FM Promotes Kyle & Jackie O On Facebook While Kiis FM Accused Of Calling Fans To Switch Stations
By Anne Lu | January 24, 2014 6:56 AM EST
2Day FM is trying to end the war with its former DJs Kyle Sandilands and Jackie O with a Facebook promotion. The radio station directed fans of the radio partners to their new page in what seemed to be a conciliatory move, but the new Kiis 1065 breakfast show employees aren’t keen to reconcile with their former employer yet.
“We understand some of you miss Kyle & Jackie O...,” the message on 2Day FM’s Facebook page reads, adding the link to the duo’s new Facebook page.
The message includes a photo of text that reads: “Dear Facebook Friends... We want a fun, positive, and friendly community. #2DayFMBreakfast”
However, ARN, the owners of Kiis, didn’t appear to be in the mood to return 2Day FM’s friendly gesture.
“The Kiis 1065 team were of course really happy to see that 2Day are letting Kyle and Jackie O fans know where to find their favourite breakfast show,” a spokesman was quoted by Sydney Morning Herald as saying.
The new 2Day FM breakfast team – Jules Lund, Merrick Watts, Sophie Monk, and Mel B – were also refusing to join in the fight between the station and Sandilands and Jackie O, just replying with “no comment” when asked about the feud.
Meanwhile, Kiis FM is being accused of attempting to lure loyal 2Day FM listeners to switch to its network and watch the new Kyle and Jackie O show.
According to news.com.au, some 2Day fans have received calls from Kiis. They vented their frustration on a private Facebook account they call 2Day FM Super VIPs.
“I just got my seventh phone call in three days from Kiis FM,” one member wrote, as read by the news site.
“I asked him (the producer) how he got my number. He said, ‘oh from your ringing the Kyle and Jackie O show before.’ I then told him, ‘but I’ve never called Kiis FM,’ and he said, ‘oh no from when Kyle and Jackie O were on 2Day FM.’ Then he panicked and said, ‘oh sorry mate I’ve got to go, and he hung up on me.”
The same have been echoed by other members, who claim that they’ve been getting calls from the other station every morning and afternoon.
An ARN spokesman, however, denied the accusations to news.com.au.
“Kiis 1065 don’t have access to any 2Day VIP Facebook list,” the rep said. “Kyle & Jackie O’s show takes up to 1000 calls each morning from passionate listeners and we keep some of those callers’ details to reward the big dans who want to keep communicating with Kyle & Jackie on air.
“In just three days on air at Kiis 1065, the huge response from Kyle & Jackie O fans on both social media and callers to the show are a combination of existing and new fans.”
Sandilands and Jackie O announced in November that they were ending their ten-year run on 2Day FM in January after allegedly getting into a salary dispute with the station bosses. They began their new show on Kiis in January.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]