Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger Giving up on January Window
By Mark Wayne Eubank | January 24, 2014 6:18 AM EST
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger revealed that the likelihood of bringing in a player in the final week of the January window looks slim.
“[Making any additions] looks very unlikely.” - Arsene Wenger
The Gunners have been linked with several players this month, but has, thus far, failed to make anything come into fruition.
Schalke attacking midfielder Julian Draxler is the most notable player that Wenger is extremely interested in snatching following injuries of his forwards Theo Walcott and Nicklas Bendtner.
The Frenchman's all-or-nothing attitude makes it doubly hard for him to settle with other available options.
"[Making any additions] looks very unlikely," Wenger told arsenal.com.
"It is 23 January today and at the moment I must say we are not close to doing anything."
"I always feel a bit guilty going to a press conference during the transfer market and having nobody to announce but I don't want to lie!"
"We have Chamberlain back, Bendtner back and I hope next week Arteta and Ramsey back, so I feel overall we have the squad needed. We have Yaya Sanogo coming back into the squad next week as well."
But the Arsenal mentor did not rule out the possibility of making a last minute purchase.
"Overall we have a very strong squad. If something exceptional turns up we will do it," he disclosed.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy