Bulls Trade Rumors: Kirk Hinrich For Harrison Barnes Trade Being Talked; Golden State Warriors, Chicago Bulls Could Hammer Deal
By Lou Ramon Aguila | January 22, 2014 7:24 PM EST
Chicago Bulls and Golden State Warriors are apparently brewing a potential trade that would send veteran point guard Kirk Hinrick to the West Coast in exchange for second-year forward Harrison Barnes, according to sources.
Bulls could get some help on trading block
Barnes, who averaged 11.3 points and 4.0 rebounds in his second season with the Warriors, could be moved before the mid season trade deadline if his team agrees to a trade with the 'rebuilding' Bulls.
According to NBA Insider Chad Fore of ESPN, the Warriors is still looking to make some moves in an attempt to get a backup point guard behind shoe-in All-Star playmaker Stephen Curry.
The Warriors pulled off an earlier trade with the Miami Heat and the Boston Celtics, acquiring Jordan Crawford and Marshoon Brooks but no one is pure playmaker in the latest acquisitions.
"Warriors needed help in the backcourt and Crawford is a lethal scorer coming off the bench. Brooks has talent as well, though he's still a work in progress. I don't think Crawford is really a point guard," Ford said during a chat session on ESPN Sports Nation.
Grantland Writer Zach Lowe made another eye-browsing hypothesis on the Warriors' upcoming moves. According to the NBA writer, the Warriors could trade shooting guard Klay Thompson and Barnes if they are presented an enticing offer on the table.
"Barnes and Thompson draw interest as trade chips all over the league, and Barnes hasn't met the organization's high expectations for him this season," Grantland writer stressed.
The Bulls' Barnes?
For many basketball followers, Thompson will be untouchable as long as he continues to produce well as Curry's runningmate in the backcourt. Thompson averages 19.3 points, 3.2 rebounds and 2.6 assists per game, and moving him would be a big blow to the Warriors' championship slate.
Meanwhile, Barnes seems a solid trade asset for the Warriors. Thought many scouts believed he has a high ceiling talent-wise, the Warriors is on a win-now mode and the presence of Andre Iguodala made him expendable.
The Warriors expressed its interest in getting Hinrich, who averages 8.0 points and 4.7 dimes with the Bulls this season. The arrival of D.J Augustin has made Hinrick dispensable, prompting many teams to call his availability on the trading front.
The Bulls will get Barnes to fill the void left by Luol Deng, who was traded to the Cleveland Cavaliers in exchange for Andrew Bynum a money-saving move. The former Tar Heels standout maybe still young, but his development will be key to the Bulls championship in the future.
For more Bulls Trade Rumors, read more at IBT Sports
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- NBA Preview: Milwaukee Bucks Look to Develop Youngsters Jabari Parker, Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine