Bulls Trade Rumors: Kirk Hinrich For Harrison Barnes Trade Being Talked; Golden State Warriors, Chicago Bulls Could Hammer Deal
By Lou Ramon Aguila | January 22, 2014 7:24 PM EST
Chicago Bulls and Golden State Warriors are apparently brewing a potential trade that would send veteran point guard Kirk Hinrick to the West Coast in exchange for second-year forward Harrison Barnes, according to sources.
Bulls could get some help on trading block
Barnes, who averaged 11.3 points and 4.0 rebounds in his second season with the Warriors, could be moved before the mid season trade deadline if his team agrees to a trade with the 'rebuilding' Bulls.
According to NBA Insider Chad Fore of ESPN, the Warriors is still looking to make some moves in an attempt to get a backup point guard behind shoe-in All-Star playmaker Stephen Curry.
The Warriors pulled off an earlier trade with the Miami Heat and the Boston Celtics, acquiring Jordan Crawford and Marshoon Brooks but no one is pure playmaker in the latest acquisitions.
"Warriors needed help in the backcourt and Crawford is a lethal scorer coming off the bench. Brooks has talent as well, though he's still a work in progress. I don't think Crawford is really a point guard," Ford said during a chat session on ESPN Sports Nation.
Grantland Writer Zach Lowe made another eye-browsing hypothesis on the Warriors' upcoming moves. According to the NBA writer, the Warriors could trade shooting guard Klay Thompson and Barnes if they are presented an enticing offer on the table.
"Barnes and Thompson draw interest as trade chips all over the league, and Barnes hasn't met the organization's high expectations for him this season," Grantland writer stressed.
The Bulls' Barnes?
For many basketball followers, Thompson will be untouchable as long as he continues to produce well as Curry's runningmate in the backcourt. Thompson averages 19.3 points, 3.2 rebounds and 2.6 assists per game, and moving him would be a big blow to the Warriors' championship slate.
Meanwhile, Barnes seems a solid trade asset for the Warriors. Thought many scouts believed he has a high ceiling talent-wise, the Warriors is on a win-now mode and the presence of Andre Iguodala made him expendable.
The Warriors expressed its interest in getting Hinrich, who averages 8.0 points and 4.7 dimes with the Bulls this season. The arrival of D.J Augustin has made Hinrick dispensable, prompting many teams to call his availability on the trading front.
The Bulls will get Barnes to fill the void left by Luol Deng, who was traded to the Cleveland Cavaliers in exchange for Andrew Bynum a money-saving move. The former Tar Heels standout maybe still young, but his development will be key to the Bulls championship in the future.
For more Bulls Trade Rumors, read more at IBT Sports
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- NFL Week 3: Washington Redskins Vs. Philadelphia Eagles Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Boxing News 2014: Nevada Commission Summons Mayweather Over Reports Of Marijuana Use In Mansion & No Rest Breaks In Gym
- Manchester United Transfer News: Van Gaal Hits Back At Guardiola Claiming Every Player He Spoke To Wants Old Trafford Move
- Manchester United: Van Gaal Warns Stars That He Will Willingly Bench Them