Apple Seeds iOS 7.1 Beta 4 To Developers: What's New [DOWNLOAD LINKS]
By Vanessa Francisco | January 22, 2014 5:58 PM EST
Apple has recently seeded its fourth beta version of iOS 7.1 (build: 11B554a) to the iOS Developer Program developers.
Apple seeded iOS 7.1 beta 3 a few weeks back. The beta version is available in the following devices: iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2, iPad mini and iPod touch 5G.
The iOS 7.1 beta 4 can be downloaded from the iOS Dev Center or updated over the air if already updated on iOS 7.1 beta. Below you can find the direct download links for the iOS 7.1 beta 4. Please note that only registered developers can download this.
- iPad Air (Model A1474)
- iPad Air (Model A1475)
- iPad mini (Model A1489)
- iPad mini (Model A1490)
- iPad (4th generation Model A1458)
- iPad (4th generation Model A1459)
- iPad (4th generation Model A1460)
- iPad mini (Model A1432)
- iPad mini (Model A1454)
- iPad mini (Model A1455)
- iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation)
- iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (model for ATT)
- iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (model for Verizon)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi (Rev A)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (GSM)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (CDMA)
- iPhone 5s (Model A1453, A1533)
- iPhone 5s (Model A1457, A1518, A1528, A1530)
- iPhone 5c (Model A1456, A1532)
- iPhone 5c (Model A1507, A1516, A1526, A1529)
- iPhone 5 (Model A1428)
- iPhone 5 (Model A1429)
- iPhone 4s
- iPhone 4 (GSM Rev A)
- iPhone 4 (GSM)
- iPhone 4 (CDMA)
Update 2: In iOS 7.1 beta 3, there was an issue with the Shift key on the iOS virtual keyboard. It appears off even when it was turned on and appears on when it was actually turned off. The bug seems to be fixed in the white keyboard at least.
Update 3: Users also notice a slight difference in the slide to unlock animation. It appears to have the highlight covering a wider area as it moves through.
Update 4: The Photo app icon has a small change. However, it is pointed out that the change is not seen on the iPhone 5.
Update 5: Based on the first analyses, Apple has not patched the userland exploits. It still remains to be seen if vulnerabilities in evasi0n7 at the kernel level have already been patched.
Update 6: There was also a minor change with the Phone Dialer. The Add to Contacts below the dialed number has been replaced with a plus (+) button to the left of the dialed number.
Update 7: Users reported there is a little more bounce wile scrolling through the Messages app.
Update 8: The slide to unlock text also gets highlighted when there are new notifications. Users say it looks weird.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy