Apple Seeds iOS 7.1 Beta 4 To Developers: What's New [DOWNLOAD LINKS]
By Vanessa Francisco | January 22, 2014 5:58 PM EST
Apple has recently seeded its fourth beta version of iOS 7.1 (build: 11B554a) to the iOS Developer Program developers.
Apple seeded iOS 7.1 beta 3 a few weeks back. The beta version is available in the following devices: iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2, iPad mini and iPod touch 5G.
The iOS 7.1 beta 4 can be downloaded from the iOS Dev Center or updated over the air if already updated on iOS 7.1 beta. Below you can find the direct download links for the iOS 7.1 beta 4. Please note that only registered developers can download this.
- iPad Air (Model A1474)
- iPad Air (Model A1475)
- iPad mini (Model A1489)
- iPad mini (Model A1490)
- iPad (4th generation Model A1458)
- iPad (4th generation Model A1459)
- iPad (4th generation Model A1460)
- iPad mini (Model A1432)
- iPad mini (Model A1454)
- iPad mini (Model A1455)
- iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation)
- iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (model for ATT)
- iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (model for Verizon)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi (Rev A)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (GSM)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (CDMA)
- iPhone 5s (Model A1453, A1533)
- iPhone 5s (Model A1457, A1518, A1528, A1530)
- iPhone 5c (Model A1456, A1532)
- iPhone 5c (Model A1507, A1516, A1526, A1529)
- iPhone 5 (Model A1428)
- iPhone 5 (Model A1429)
- iPhone 4s
- iPhone 4 (GSM Rev A)
- iPhone 4 (GSM)
- iPhone 4 (CDMA)
Update 2: In iOS 7.1 beta 3, there was an issue with the Shift key on the iOS virtual keyboard. It appears off even when it was turned on and appears on when it was actually turned off. The bug seems to be fixed in the white keyboard at least.
Update 3: Users also notice a slight difference in the slide to unlock animation. It appears to have the highlight covering a wider area as it moves through.
Update 4: The Photo app icon has a small change. However, it is pointed out that the change is not seen on the iPhone 5.
Update 5: Based on the first analyses, Apple has not patched the userland exploits. It still remains to be seen if vulnerabilities in evasi0n7 at the kernel level have already been patched.
Update 6: There was also a minor change with the Phone Dialer. The Add to Contacts below the dialed number has been replaced with a plus (+) button to the left of the dialed number.
Update 7: Users reported there is a little more bounce wile scrolling through the Messages app.
Update 8: The slide to unlock text also gets highlighted when there are new notifications. Users say it looks weird.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Dark Souls 2 Crown Of The Old Iron King’ DLC For PlayStation 3, XBox 360 And PC Released On Aug. 26, 2014 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Robin Williams to Be Honoured As A Character In 'World Of Warcraft: Warlords Of Draenor'
- Hypersonic Travel: Can Space Tourism be a Possibility
- Nokia Lumia 530: Windows Phone Handset Now On Sale In The UK With £87 Price
- Samsung Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update: Available To Galaxy S5 LTE-A and Galaxy Mega 2
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- European Central Bank Advises Action to Boost Demand and Employment In EU