Apple Seeds iOS 7.1 Beta 4 To Developers: What's New [DOWNLOAD LINKS]
By Vanessa Francisco | January 22, 2014 5:58 PM EST
Apple has recently seeded its fourth beta version of iOS 7.1 (build: 11B554a) to the iOS Developer Program developers.
Apple seeded iOS 7.1 beta 3 a few weeks back. The beta version is available in the following devices: iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2, iPad mini and iPod touch 5G.
The iOS 7.1 beta 4 can be downloaded from the iOS Dev Center or updated over the air if already updated on iOS 7.1 beta. Below you can find the direct download links for the iOS 7.1 beta 4. Please note that only registered developers can download this.
- iPad Air (Model A1474)
- iPad Air (Model A1475)
- iPad mini (Model A1489)
- iPad mini (Model A1490)
- iPad (4th generation Model A1458)
- iPad (4th generation Model A1459)
- iPad (4th generation Model A1460)
- iPad mini (Model A1432)
- iPad mini (Model A1454)
- iPad mini (Model A1455)
- iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation)
- iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (model for ATT)
- iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (model for Verizon)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi (Rev A)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (GSM)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (CDMA)
- iPhone 5s (Model A1453, A1533)
- iPhone 5s (Model A1457, A1518, A1528, A1530)
- iPhone 5c (Model A1456, A1532)
- iPhone 5c (Model A1507, A1516, A1526, A1529)
- iPhone 5 (Model A1428)
- iPhone 5 (Model A1429)
- iPhone 4s
- iPhone 4 (GSM Rev A)
- iPhone 4 (GSM)
- iPhone 4 (CDMA)
Update 2: In iOS 7.1 beta 3, there was an issue with the Shift key on the iOS virtual keyboard. It appears off even when it was turned on and appears on when it was actually turned off. The bug seems to be fixed in the white keyboard at least.
Update 3: Users also notice a slight difference in the slide to unlock animation. It appears to have the highlight covering a wider area as it moves through.
Update 4: The Photo app icon has a small change. However, it is pointed out that the change is not seen on the iPhone 5.
Update 5: Based on the first analyses, Apple has not patched the userland exploits. It still remains to be seen if vulnerabilities in evasi0n7 at the kernel level have already been patched.
Update 6: There was also a minor change with the Phone Dialer. The Add to Contacts below the dialed number has been replaced with a plus (+) button to the left of the dialed number.
Update 7: Users reported there is a little more bounce wile scrolling through the Messages app.
Update 8: The slide to unlock text also gets highlighted when there are new notifications. Users say it looks weird.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUFNF4 Firmware Manual Installation
- Windows Phone 8.1 for Nokia Lumia 1520: How to Downgrade to Get Lumia Cyan Update for Preview for Developers
- Minecraft 1.8 Snapshot 14w30c Released; Partnership with Lego to Reveal Toys This Fall
- HTC One M8: Red and Pink Colour Choices Confirmed in the UK, Pre-Orders on Android Smartphone Now Available with Free Dot View Case
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Breakdown for Developer and Unlocked Version
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Rolls Out: When to Hit Your Region
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide