Thunder Trade Rumors: Evan Turner To OKC, Spencer Hawes To San Antonio Spurs, Sixers Ponder On Trade Option As Deadline Looms
By Lou Ramon Aguila | January 17, 2014 12:00 PM EST
The Philadelphia 76ers are aggressively shopping Evan Turner and Spencer Hawes as the trade window comes down to its final one month, a source close to the situation reported on Thursday.
As many basketball followers expected, the Sixers are now in full-tank mode, and they want every remaining assets to be converted into draft picks or solid young players who could be an integral part of their future campaigns.
The Tank is On
According to the latest report by James Herbert, the Sixers are reportedly trying to shop Turner and Hawes with just few weeks left before the Feb 20 trade deadline.
"Sources have expressed to Liberty Ballers that Philadelphia is stepping back from any trade negotiations for Thaddeus Young, and attempting to push a package of Evan Turner and Spencer Hawes. The source also went on to say that a few teams have shown interest, although rather minute, and no deal is close to imminent," via James Herbery of SB Nation.
The 25-year-old Turner is currently having an outstanding season, averaging a career-high 19 points, 6.3 rebounds and 3.9 assists per game in 36 minutes of action. The Sixers still have the rights to match any offer on the table for Turner (restricted free-agent), but many teams have already expressed their desire to give a lucrative deal for the former Ohio State Buckeyes product.
On the other hand, Hawes continued to pile in solid numbers with the Sixers as he's racking up 14.4 points, 8.7 rebounds and 1.4 blocks per game this season. His outside shooting at his size and repertoire of moves at the post will make him a desirable backup center for a contender or perhaps a starter for an up-and-coming ball club.
According to Herbert, the Oklahoma City Thunder had expressed their desire to get the service of Turner, who will certainly fill up the void left by James Harden and Kevin Martin off the bench. Meanwhile, Hawes could end up with a team badly needing a big man, and rumours indicated that the San Antonio Spurs are very much interested to take him.
Other than Turner and Hawes, the Sixers are also shopping power forward stud Thaddeus Young. GM Sam Hinkie plans to convert these assets to draft picks as he looks to retool the roster with young and dynamic players who will run the show alongside super-rookie Michael Carter-Williams and Nerlens Noel.
"Sources have expressed to Liberty Ballers that Philadelphia is stepping back from any trade negotiations for Thaddeus Young, and attempting to push a package of Evan Turner and Spencer Hawes. The source also went on to say that a few teams have shown interest, although rather minute, and no deal is close to imminent," via Philly.com.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Rhonda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen