When Would ‘Sherlock’ Return With Season 4? — Things to Expect When Benedict Cumberbatch Reprises His Role as Holmes (Spoilers)
By jaskiran kaur | January 16, 2014 8:19 PM EST
In the time span of just 3 seasons and few episodes, BBC's TV show "Sherlock" has acquired huge fan base. Sherlock Season 3 ended on Jan. 12, 2014 with Episode 3 His Last Vow. And just in time creator Steven Moffat and leading actor Benedict Cumberbatch confirmed the return of the show with Season 4 and Season 5. But if you are wondering that when would it premiere, then read on to find out. Also find out few things that fans could expect to see in Sherlock Season 4. (Spoilers Ahead!)
Sherlock Season 4- When Would the Show Return?
When Sherlock Season 3 ended with its Episode 3 His Last Vow (finale), fans of the show started wondering when the show would return. The answer is here. As per the speculations, Benedict Cumberbatch may return as genius detective on Sherlock Season 4 by Christmas Day 2014.
Rumors began to swirl around when The Sun reported that the makers of the show could be fast tracking the production of Sherlock Season 4 for its premiere on Christmas Day 2014.
More reports suggest that at least six more episodes will be filmed for "Sherlock" series to be shown in Season 4 and Season 5. The show saw set some records in terms of viewership during its premiere and finale of Season 3.
Benedict Cumberbatch gained prominence with his role as Sherlock Holmes in "Sherlock." Thus, he has a busy schedule which is the only cause of delay in filming of Sherlock Season 4 for which creators and fans both are eager.
Sherlock Season 4-Things to Expect (Spoilers)
Sherlock Season 3 Episode 3 His Last Vow had many unanticipated twists and turns that shocked its fans. And according to the latest reports, the upcoming installments Sherlock Season 4 and Season 5 are already plotted out by the creators. But fans eagerly wait to find answers to certain questions and cliffhangers that the show makers left for the viewers in the last aired season, yet again. Here are few things to expect when Sherlock Season 4 returns. (Spoilers)
How did Moriarty Survive?
Fans were left in shock when they witnessed the return of villain Moriarty in Sherlock Season 3 Episode 3 His Last Vow. In the last series, he was shown killing himself. But it seems just like Sherlock faked his death, Moriarty also faked his own death. Now fans anticipate knowing that how did Moriarty survive.
Irene Adler's Return
Despite of the rumors that character Irene Adler will not make a return, she did come back in an episode "Sign of Three." From there, it is quite clear that Sherlock Holmes can't seem to get over her as he says "Get out of my head, I'm busy," when she visits him. It appears that their story doesn't end here and fans can expect her to return to Sherlock Season 4.
Mary Morstan's History and Future
One of the biggest shocking elements in Sherlock Season 3 was Mary Morstan's character as played by Amanda Abbington. Mary, who actually turned out to be a trained killer in the series, must have a history to it. Fans wait for her story to be unveiled in Sherlock Season 4 when Benedict Cumberbatch reprises her role as Sherlock Holmes, yet again.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- The Bachelor Update: Find Out if Juan Pablo and Nikki Ferrell Are Still With Each Other
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’