When Would ‘Sherlock’ Return With Season 4? — Things to Expect When Benedict Cumberbatch Reprises His Role as Holmes (Spoilers)
By jaskiran kaur | January 16, 2014 8:19 PM EST
In the time span of just 3 seasons and few episodes, BBC's TV show "Sherlock" has acquired huge fan base. Sherlock Season 3 ended on Jan. 12, 2014 with Episode 3 His Last Vow. And just in time creator Steven Moffat and leading actor Benedict Cumberbatch confirmed the return of the show with Season 4 and Season 5. But if you are wondering that when would it premiere, then read on to find out. Also find out few things that fans could expect to see in Sherlock Season 4. (Spoilers Ahead!)
Sherlock Season 4- When Would the Show Return?
When Sherlock Season 3 ended with its Episode 3 His Last Vow (finale), fans of the show started wondering when the show would return. The answer is here. As per the speculations, Benedict Cumberbatch may return as genius detective on Sherlock Season 4 by Christmas Day 2014.
Rumors began to swirl around when The Sun reported that the makers of the show could be fast tracking the production of Sherlock Season 4 for its premiere on Christmas Day 2014.
More reports suggest that at least six more episodes will be filmed for "Sherlock" series to be shown in Season 4 and Season 5. The show saw set some records in terms of viewership during its premiere and finale of Season 3.
Benedict Cumberbatch gained prominence with his role as Sherlock Holmes in "Sherlock." Thus, he has a busy schedule which is the only cause of delay in filming of Sherlock Season 4 for which creators and fans both are eager.
Sherlock Season 4-Things to Expect (Spoilers)
Sherlock Season 3 Episode 3 His Last Vow had many unanticipated twists and turns that shocked its fans. And according to the latest reports, the upcoming installments Sherlock Season 4 and Season 5 are already plotted out by the creators. But fans eagerly wait to find answers to certain questions and cliffhangers that the show makers left for the viewers in the last aired season, yet again. Here are few things to expect when Sherlock Season 4 returns. (Spoilers)
How did Moriarty Survive?
Fans were left in shock when they witnessed the return of villain Moriarty in Sherlock Season 3 Episode 3 His Last Vow. In the last series, he was shown killing himself. But it seems just like Sherlock faked his death, Moriarty also faked his own death. Now fans anticipate knowing that how did Moriarty survive.
Irene Adler's Return
Despite of the rumors that character Irene Adler will not make a return, she did come back in an episode "Sign of Three." From there, it is quite clear that Sherlock Holmes can't seem to get over her as he says "Get out of my head, I'm busy," when she visits him. It appears that their story doesn't end here and fans can expect her to return to Sherlock Season 4.
Mary Morstan's History and Future
One of the biggest shocking elements in Sherlock Season 3 was Mary Morstan's character as played by Amanda Abbington. Mary, who actually turned out to be a trained killer in the series, must have a history to it. Fans wait for her story to be unveiled in Sherlock Season 4 when Benedict Cumberbatch reprises her role as Sherlock Holmes, yet again.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff