NBA Trade News: Chicago Bulls Show Interest to Get Kevin Love; Join Lakers, Knicks in Lottery
By Lou Ramon Aguila | January 16, 2014 12:52 PM EST
The Chicago Bulls could become the third team to go after Minnesota Timberwolves All-Star power forward Kevin Love, once he becomes an unrestricted free-agent in the summer of 2015.
Smith, a veteran columnist for the Chicago Bulls, believed the Bulls front office will test their luck on the upcoming Love sweepstakes, despite rumours that the Los Angeles Lakers and New York Knicks are the front runners to get the double-double big man.
The Bulls could make a run at Kevin Love
Love is reportedly looking to opt out in the final year of his current contract, as he looks to join either the New York Knicks or the Los Angeles Lakers when he becomes unrestricted free agent in the summer of 2015.
According to veteran sports writer Sam Smith, Love is leaning towards signing with either the Knicks or the Lakers once he can opt out from his four-year deal with the T-Wolves.
Despite putting talented pieces around him, the Timberwolves are still struggling to make an impact in a very competitive Western Conference race. Apparently, Love is frustrated with his current situation, as he even called out some of his teammates to step up their game.
"Love, in the top four this season in scoring and rebounding, is said to be favoring the Lakers or the Knicks in free agency in 2015 when both will have money for perhaps two free agents," Smith said in his latest article.
The Knicks and the Lakers, two big market teams, are sure to be the frontrunners in the Kevin Love sweepstakes, another big market contender also hopes it's not too late to woe the power forward.
"Chicago is a team hoping they might be on on the Love sweepstakes, but right now the rumors of where he'll play next are literally going coast-to-coast. The Knicks are a new one in the rumors as everyone has been predicting Love would head back home to southern California the first chance he gets," via Fan Sided.
Love, who averaged 25.5 points and 13.1 rebounds per game this season, has a close relationship with Bulls All-Star guard Derrick Rose and even worked out together in the offseason.
It won't be a stretch to see Love having a change of heart and sign with the Bulls because the ball club still has the pieces to contend for a title in the next five to six seasons despite trading away serviceable All-Star small forward Luol Deng to the Cleveland Cavaliers.
For more NBA Trade news, read more at IBT Sports
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet