NBA Trade News: Chicago Bulls Show Interest to Get Kevin Love; Join Lakers, Knicks in Lottery
By Lou Ramon Aguila | January 16, 2014 12:52 PM EST
The Chicago Bulls could become the third team to go after Minnesota Timberwolves All-Star power forward Kevin Love, once he becomes an unrestricted free-agent in the summer of 2015.
Smith, a veteran columnist for the Chicago Bulls, believed the Bulls front office will test their luck on the upcoming Love sweepstakes, despite rumours that the Los Angeles Lakers and New York Knicks are the front runners to get the double-double big man.
The Bulls could make a run at Kevin Love
Love is reportedly looking to opt out in the final year of his current contract, as he looks to join either the New York Knicks or the Los Angeles Lakers when he becomes unrestricted free agent in the summer of 2015.
According to veteran sports writer Sam Smith, Love is leaning towards signing with either the Knicks or the Lakers once he can opt out from his four-year deal with the T-Wolves.
Despite putting talented pieces around him, the Timberwolves are still struggling to make an impact in a very competitive Western Conference race. Apparently, Love is frustrated with his current situation, as he even called out some of his teammates to step up their game.
"Love, in the top four this season in scoring and rebounding, is said to be favoring the Lakers or the Knicks in free agency in 2015 when both will have money for perhaps two free agents," Smith said in his latest article.
The Knicks and the Lakers, two big market teams, are sure to be the frontrunners in the Kevin Love sweepstakes, another big market contender also hopes it's not too late to woe the power forward.
"Chicago is a team hoping they might be on on the Love sweepstakes, but right now the rumors of where he'll play next are literally going coast-to-coast. The Knicks are a new one in the rumors as everyone has been predicting Love would head back home to southern California the first chance he gets," via Fan Sided.
Love, who averaged 25.5 points and 13.1 rebounds per game this season, has a close relationship with Bulls All-Star guard Derrick Rose and even worked out together in the offseason.
It won't be a stretch to see Love having a change of heart and sign with the Bulls because the ball club still has the pieces to contend for a title in the next five to six seasons despite trading away serviceable All-Star small forward Luol Deng to the Cleveland Cavaliers.
For more NBA Trade news, read more at IBT Sports
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Out There To Save His Two Favourite Ladies In Mid-season Finale
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Chelsea FC: Jose Mourinho Hits Back At Sergio Ramos For Questioning Costa And Fabregas Absence From NT, Says 'He is Not A Doctor'
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change