NBA Trade News: Chicago Bulls Show Interest to Get Kevin Love; Join Lakers, Knicks in Lottery
By Lou Ramon Aguila | January 16, 2014 12:52 PM EST
The Chicago Bulls could become the third team to go after Minnesota Timberwolves All-Star power forward Kevin Love, once he becomes an unrestricted free-agent in the summer of 2015.
Smith, a veteran columnist for the Chicago Bulls, believed the Bulls front office will test their luck on the upcoming Love sweepstakes, despite rumours that the Los Angeles Lakers and New York Knicks are the front runners to get the double-double big man.
The Bulls could make a run at Kevin Love
Love is reportedly looking to opt out in the final year of his current contract, as he looks to join either the New York Knicks or the Los Angeles Lakers when he becomes unrestricted free agent in the summer of 2015.
According to veteran sports writer Sam Smith, Love is leaning towards signing with either the Knicks or the Lakers once he can opt out from his four-year deal with the T-Wolves.
Despite putting talented pieces around him, the Timberwolves are still struggling to make an impact in a very competitive Western Conference race. Apparently, Love is frustrated with his current situation, as he even called out some of his teammates to step up their game.
"Love, in the top four this season in scoring and rebounding, is said to be favoring the Lakers or the Knicks in free agency in 2015 when both will have money for perhaps two free agents," Smith said in his latest article.
The Knicks and the Lakers, two big market teams, are sure to be the frontrunners in the Kevin Love sweepstakes, another big market contender also hopes it's not too late to woe the power forward.
"Chicago is a team hoping they might be on on the Love sweepstakes, but right now the rumors of where he'll play next are literally going coast-to-coast. The Knicks are a new one in the rumors as everyone has been predicting Love would head back home to southern California the first chance he gets," via Fan Sided.
Love, who averaged 25.5 points and 13.1 rebounds per game this season, has a close relationship with Bulls All-Star guard Derrick Rose and even worked out together in the offseason.
It won't be a stretch to see Love having a change of heart and sign with the Bulls because the ball club still has the pieces to contend for a title in the next five to six seasons despite trading away serviceable All-Star small forward Luol Deng to the Cleveland Cavaliers.
For more NBA Trade news, read more at IBT Sports
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Brings Danger To Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal at US Open
- Rugby Sevens Semis & Finals Live Stream, Schedule & Results – Commonwealth Games 2014
- Serena Williams Makes History; Among Most Dominant World's No.1 in History
- A Beautiful Distraction: 5 Things You Need to Know About Sabina Altynbekova
- Boxing News 2014: 50 Cent Hits Mayweather Over Money Deal, Mocks Boxer in Instagram for Losing GF to Nelly
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Rolls Out: When to Hit Your Region
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide