Chelsea FC Transfer News: Barcelona Plotting Blues’ Versatile Defender Snatch
By Mark Wayne Eubank | January 16, 2014 4:27 AM EST
La Liga giants FC Barcelona is brewing up a move to snatch versatile Chelsea defender David Luiz.
Barca is looking to strengthen their undermanned defensive line, with ageing skipper Carles Puyol and Gerard Pique being the only decent options at centre-back.
FC Barcelona are looking to strengthen their back-line by acquiring Chelsea's David Luiz
Efforts have been previously made to bring the Luiz to the Nou Camp, but the same have failed.
Due to the Brazilian's unpredictability and tendencies at the back, Mourinho opted to use him as a holding midfielder. However, an imminent Chelsea signing that involves Nemanja Matic could see Luiz's playing time diminish.
In spite of all the negatives surrounding the 26-year-old, a sale will be incomprehensible at this juncture as the Blues are fighting toe-to-toe with rival clubs to win the Premier League title.
Even after this season ends, the Selecao-regular, who will definitely play at the World Cup, will still not come in cheap as he is assessed to be valued around €35 million.
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Fight Won't Happen As Long As Bob Arum Is Involved, Says Pacquiao's Former Conditioning Coach
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- WWE News: CM Punk Merchandise Pulled From Stands, Punk Chasing Royalties For WWE 2K15 Inclusion [VIDEO]
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4