Chelsea FC Transfer News: Barcelona Plotting Blues’ Versatile Defender Snatch
By Mark Wayne Eubank | January 16, 2014 4:27 AM EST
La Liga giants FC Barcelona is brewing up a move to snatch versatile Chelsea defender David Luiz.
Barca is looking to strengthen their undermanned defensive line, with ageing skipper Carles Puyol and Gerard Pique being the only decent options at centre-back.
FC Barcelona are looking to strengthen their back-line by acquiring Chelsea's David Luiz
Efforts have been previously made to bring the Luiz to the Nou Camp, but the same have failed.
Due to the Brazilian's unpredictability and tendencies at the back, Mourinho opted to use him as a holding midfielder. However, an imminent Chelsea signing that involves Nemanja Matic could see Luiz's playing time diminish.
In spite of all the negatives surrounding the 26-year-old, a sale will be incomprehensible at this juncture as the Blues are fighting toe-to-toe with rival clubs to win the Premier League title.
Even after this season ends, the Selecao-regular, who will definitely play at the World Cup, will still not come in cheap as he is assessed to be valued around €35 million.
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Michael Schumacher Condition: Manager Sabine Kehm Says The 7-Time World Champion Is Making ‘Progress Appropriate To The Severity Of His Situation’
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]