Chelsea FC Transfer News: Barcelona Plotting Blues’ Versatile Defender Snatch
By Mark Wayne Eubank | January 16, 2014 4:27 AM EST
La Liga giants FC Barcelona is brewing up a move to snatch versatile Chelsea defender David Luiz.
Barca is looking to strengthen their undermanned defensive line, with ageing skipper Carles Puyol and Gerard Pique being the only decent options at centre-back.
FC Barcelona are looking to strengthen their back-line by acquiring Chelsea's David Luiz
Efforts have been previously made to bring the Luiz to the Nou Camp, but the same have failed.
Due to the Brazilian's unpredictability and tendencies at the back, Mourinho opted to use him as a holding midfielder. However, an imminent Chelsea signing that involves Nemanja Matic could see Luiz's playing time diminish.
In spite of all the negatives surrounding the 26-year-old, a sale will be incomprehensible at this juncture as the Blues are fighting toe-to-toe with rival clubs to win the Premier League title.
Even after this season ends, the Selecao-regular, who will definitely play at the World Cup, will still not come in cheap as he is assessed to be valued around €35 million.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners