Chelsea FC Transfer News: Barcelona Plotting Blues’ Versatile Defender Snatch
By Mark Wayne Eubank | January 16, 2014 4:27 AM EST
La Liga giants FC Barcelona is brewing up a move to snatch versatile Chelsea defender David Luiz.
Barca is looking to strengthen their undermanned defensive line, with ageing skipper Carles Puyol and Gerard Pique being the only decent options at centre-back.
FC Barcelona are looking to strengthen their back-line by acquiring Chelsea's David Luiz
Efforts have been previously made to bring the Luiz to the Nou Camp, but the same have failed.
Due to the Brazilian's unpredictability and tendencies at the back, Mourinho opted to use him as a holding midfielder. However, an imminent Chelsea signing that involves Nemanja Matic could see Luiz's playing time diminish.
In spite of all the negatives surrounding the 26-year-old, a sale will be incomprehensible at this juncture as the Blues are fighting toe-to-toe with rival clubs to win the Premier League title.
Even after this season ends, the Selecao-regular, who will definitely play at the World Cup, will still not come in cheap as he is assessed to be valued around €35 million.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal Blows Out Novak Djokovic as Top Contender For US Open Series – Tennis TV Poll
- Roger Federer Brings Danger To Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal at US Open
- Rugby Sevens Semis & Finals Live Stream, Schedule & Results – Commonwealth Games 2014
- Serena Williams Makes History; Among Most Dominant World's No.1 in History
- A Beautiful Distraction: 5 Things You Need to Know About Sabina Altynbekova
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Fresh Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Images Leaked: 4.8-Inch Metallic Body Could Give Competition to 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide