Peter Pan Proposes To Wendy; Stage Actor Asks Co-Star To Marry Him During Performance [VIDEO]
By Anne Lu | January 16, 2014 3:32 AM EST
Never mind what J.M. Barrie intended for their destiny, Peter Pan will be married to Wendy Darling no matter what. Actor Sandor Sturbl proposed to his girlfriend Lilly-Jane Young while they were playing Peter and Wendy in front of a live audience Wendy at a stage musical production in Glasgow, Scotland.
It appeared to be a normal production of the musical “Peter Pan: The Never Ending Story” on Saturday night, but with one twist ending: Peter Pan proposed to Wendy.
In the video, Sandor, who plays Peter, surprised the audience and his co-star by getting down on one knee near the end of their performance.
“Ladies and gentlemen, normally, this show would continue with Peter Pan watching Wendy and giving her a kiss. Although, this is not a normal show this evening. It’s Peter Pan looking at Wendy and asking her for a kiss,” Sandor told the audience.
“It’s Sandor Sturbl, a Dutchman, 28 years old, looking at the love of his life,” he continued, referring to 22-year-old Lilly-Jane.
“Jane, the last couple of years I get to know you and you are the person I want to spend the rest of my life with,” Sandor said as he got down on one knee and asked Jane to marry him.
Jane was emotional as she accepted, while their co-stars and the audience cheered.
“We were just about to sing our final song of the night when the music stopped. I thought it was a technical hitch and was starting to panic when Sandor turned to the audience,” the newly engaged actress told Daily Record.
“I couldn’t believe it. I said, ‘Yes’ straightaway and all of the audience started clapping. It was a magical moment and one I’ll never forget.”
Sandor arranged for her family to be in the audience on that night. He presented her with a blue sapphire and diamond ring, which has aptly been named the Wendy design.
“We’ve toured all over the world and when we found out the show was coming to Glasgow, Lilly-Jane was so excited. When I went to pick out a ring, I spotted one called the Wendy design,” Sandor told Daily Record. “I took it as a sign and bought it. Only a few people knew about my plan but I had to tell some of the production crew so that they knew to cut the music on time.”
The couple met while working on the arena tour of the stage musical, and have been dating for over a year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- Paul Walker's Daughter Paid Heart Touching Tribute To Her Father On His Birthday
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date
- Australia's Imam Council Rebuffs Abbott Decision To Send Troops; Wants 'Islamic' Dropped From ISIS
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown