Call of Duty: Ghosts Gives Boost to Horror Element with First DLC Onslaught; Release Date and Details [VIDEO]
By Aditya Bhat | January 16, 2014 2:43 AM EST
Onslaught will be the first downloadable content (DLC) for publisher Activision and developer Infinity Ward's FPS video game Call of Duty: Ghosts. It will be released on 28 January, confirmed the game's official Instagram account.
Call of Duty: Ghosts was released on 5 November
The new DLC will give a boost to the horror factor in the game, making the environment creepy and introducing alien elements in the map.
Onslaught will have four new maps:
1. Fog - This is a small to medium sized map, set on the banks of a lake and pays homage to some classic horror films. It has its surroundings covered with mist or fog, where the player will take on the role of one of the iconic horror characters, Michael Myers.
2. BayView - Set in the Californian boardwalk, allowing players to have some fast-paced matches. It has run and gun modes, as well as allows players to call in help from naval assets placed in sea for some heavy artillery fire.
3. Containment - Takes players to a Mexican village that has been damaged by war. Battle happens near a small bridge that has leaking radioactive material which can be blown off to clear enemies. Also the map allows players several vantage points for the sniper kills.
4. Ignition - This is a fan-favorite multiplayer map that was re-imagined from a map in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. It takes players to the Florida space launch facility with battles taking place at underground tunnels, warehouses and transport crawlers. Players can also activate rocket test engines that will generate enough fire to kill all in its path.
Apart from the above, the DLC will also include new episodic content for Extinction that is the four-player co-op, in which players will be battling against aliens, and a new content titled Nightfall will bring in monstrous arachnids into the game.
The game will also include a new dual-purpose Assault Rifle/Sniper Rifle called Maverick. Onslaught will be part of the Call of Duty: Ghosts DLC Season Pass.
(YouTube Courtesy: CALLOFDUTY)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- PS4 News: Developments for Uncharted 4, The Last of Us Remastered and a Possible New PS4/PS Vita Game
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Samsung Galaxy S3: How to Resolve Battery Drain, Random Reboot, Wake Lag and Slow Performance
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More