Call of Duty: Ghosts Gives Boost to Horror Element with First DLC Onslaught; Release Date and Details [VIDEO]
By Aditya Bhat | January 16, 2014 2:43 AM EST
Onslaught will be the first downloadable content (DLC) for publisher Activision and developer Infinity Ward's FPS video game Call of Duty: Ghosts. It will be released on 28 January, confirmed the game's official Instagram account.
The new DLC will give a boost to the horror factor in the game, making the environment creepy and introducing alien elements in the map.
Onslaught will have four new maps:
1. Fog - This is a small to medium sized map, set on the banks of a lake and pays homage to some classic horror films. It has its surroundings covered with mist or fog, where the player will take on the role of one of the iconic horror characters, Michael Myers.
2. BayView - Set in the Californian boardwalk, allowing players to have some fast-paced matches. It has run and gun modes, as well as allows players to call in help from naval assets placed in sea for some heavy artillery fire.
3. Containment - Takes players to a Mexican village that has been damaged by war. Battle happens near a small bridge that has leaking radioactive material which can be blown off to clear enemies. Also the map allows players several vantage points for the sniper kills.
4. Ignition - This is a fan-favorite multiplayer map that was re-imagined from a map in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. It takes players to the Florida space launch facility with battles taking place at underground tunnels, warehouses and transport crawlers. Players can also activate rocket test engines that will generate enough fire to kill all in its path.
Apart from the above, the DLC will also include new episodic content for Extinction that is the four-player co-op, in which players will be battling against aliens, and a new content titled Nightfall will bring in monstrous arachnids into the game.
The game will also include a new dual-purpose Assault Rifle/Sniper Rifle called Maverick. Onslaught will be part of the Call of Duty: Ghosts DLC Season Pass.
(YouTube Courtesy: CALLOFDUTY)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 635: Sprint, Boost Mobile And Virgin Mobile Set To Sell Windows Phone Handset
- ‘GTA V' Heists Release Date Update: Rockstar Confirms DLC Out In ‘Early 2015'
- High-End Tablets Face-Off: Google’s Nexus 9 Versus Apple’s iPad Air 2
- 'World Of Warcraft' 6.0.3 Patch Hotfixes Update Including The Satchel Of Savage Mysteries, Zidormi In Dustwallow Marsh And The Frostwall Mines
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ News: More On Volcanion Event And Easy To Catch Legendaries