Call of Duty: Ghosts Gives Boost to Horror Element with First DLC Onslaught; Release Date and Details [VIDEO]
By Aditya Bhat | January 16, 2014 2:43 AM EST
Onslaught will be the first downloadable content (DLC) for publisher Activision and developer Infinity Ward's FPS video game Call of Duty: Ghosts. It will be released on 28 January, confirmed the game's official Instagram account.
The new DLC will give a boost to the horror factor in the game, making the environment creepy and introducing alien elements in the map.
Onslaught will have four new maps:
1. Fog - This is a small to medium sized map, set on the banks of a lake and pays homage to some classic horror films. It has its surroundings covered with mist or fog, where the player will take on the role of one of the iconic horror characters, Michael Myers.
2. BayView - Set in the Californian boardwalk, allowing players to have some fast-paced matches. It has run and gun modes, as well as allows players to call in help from naval assets placed in sea for some heavy artillery fire.
3. Containment - Takes players to a Mexican village that has been damaged by war. Battle happens near a small bridge that has leaking radioactive material which can be blown off to clear enemies. Also the map allows players several vantage points for the sniper kills.
4. Ignition - This is a fan-favorite multiplayer map that was re-imagined from a map in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. It takes players to the Florida space launch facility with battles taking place at underground tunnels, warehouses and transport crawlers. Players can also activate rocket test engines that will generate enough fire to kill all in its path.
Apart from the above, the DLC will also include new episodic content for Extinction that is the four-player co-op, in which players will be battling against aliens, and a new content titled Nightfall will bring in monstrous arachnids into the game.
The game will also include a new dual-purpose Assault Rifle/Sniper Rifle called Maverick. Onslaught will be part of the Call of Duty: Ghosts DLC Season Pass.
(YouTube Courtesy: CALLOFDUTY)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- How To Update LG Nexus 4 To Android 4.4.4 KitKat Using LiquidSmooth Custom ROM
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports