Call of Duty: Ghosts Gives Boost to Horror Element with First DLC Onslaught; Release Date and Details [VIDEO]
By Aditya Bhat | January 16, 2014 2:43 AM EST
Onslaught will be the first downloadable content (DLC) for publisher Activision and developer Infinity Ward's FPS video game Call of Duty: Ghosts. It will be released on 28 January, confirmed the game's official Instagram account.
The new DLC will give a boost to the horror factor in the game, making the environment creepy and introducing alien elements in the map.
Onslaught will have four new maps:
1. Fog - This is a small to medium sized map, set on the banks of a lake and pays homage to some classic horror films. It has its surroundings covered with mist or fog, where the player will take on the role of one of the iconic horror characters, Michael Myers.
2. BayView - Set in the Californian boardwalk, allowing players to have some fast-paced matches. It has run and gun modes, as well as allows players to call in help from naval assets placed in sea for some heavy artillery fire.
3. Containment - Takes players to a Mexican village that has been damaged by war. Battle happens near a small bridge that has leaking radioactive material which can be blown off to clear enemies. Also the map allows players several vantage points for the sniper kills.
4. Ignition - This is a fan-favorite multiplayer map that was re-imagined from a map in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. It takes players to the Florida space launch facility with battles taking place at underground tunnels, warehouses and transport crawlers. Players can also activate rocket test engines that will generate enough fire to kill all in its path.
Apart from the above, the DLC will also include new episodic content for Extinction that is the four-player co-op, in which players will be battling against aliens, and a new content titled Nightfall will bring in monstrous arachnids into the game.
The game will also include a new dual-purpose Assault Rifle/Sniper Rifle called Maverick. Onslaught will be part of the Call of Duty: Ghosts DLC Season Pass.
(YouTube Courtesy: CALLOFDUTY)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia