Move Over Twerking, 'Lawrencing’ is Here!
By Riza Ornos | January 14, 2014 1:38 PM EST
Twerking is so last year and Miley Cyrus is so 2013. Jennifer Lawrence is dominating the World Wide Web now with her famous "Lawrencing." Thanks to her Christian Dior dress, Jennifer Lawrence is starting a new internet phenomenon that has all fans emulating her famous dress and even pets are joining the internet trend.
The "American Hustle" is the life of the party on the recent 2014 Golden Globe Awards as she won for the second time around the Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy or Musical Award. This only shows that the actress can talk about her bowel movement, photobomb Taylor Swift and won the Golden Globe all in the same night.
There is no question that the actress can charm her way out, and make an embarrassing situation looks like she is just having fun. "Teen Wolf" star Colton Hayes jumpstart the "Lawrencing" party when he posted a picture of himself emulating the "American Hustle" actress and her famous Dior gown, and imitating her facial expression when she photobomb her friend Taylor Swift.
The photo went viral instantly riding on the hype of Lawrence Golden Globe victory and the stunt she pulled on the red carpet. And right after Colton posted his Jennifer Lawrence meme, twerking is ancient history as "Lawrencing" is the new hype of today.
Twitter, Tumblr and Instagram are on fire as fans upload their very own version of "Lawrencing" as hundreds of pictures have surfaced online wearing white sheets with two black belts, or a duct tape. Here are some of the Twitter reactions of Jennifer Lawrence Golden Globe gown.
Chris Wallace @ChrisWallace101 - I'm so embarrassed. Jennifer Lawrence and I have the same dress.
Cinton Kelly @clinton_kelly - Typical Monday. "Hey, Mary! Do you think I can convince Jennifer Lawrence to be my bestie?" #lawrencing pic.twitter.com/6ova7hHfs3
Ellie Rountree (@elspethjane) - The dress wa overshadowed the others including Margot Robbie's sexy white dress, Olivia Wilde's dazzling sheath and Mila Kunis' metallic gown. However Emma Watson's dress also proved to be a big talking point.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family