Move Over Twerking, 'Lawrencing’ is Here!
By Riza Ornos | January 14, 2014 1:38 PM EST
Twerking is so last year and Miley Cyrus is so 2013. Jennifer Lawrence is dominating the World Wide Web now with her famous "Lawrencing." Thanks to her Christian Dior dress, Jennifer Lawrence is starting a new internet phenomenon that has all fans emulating her famous dress and even pets are joining the internet trend.
The "American Hustle" is the life of the party on the recent 2014 Golden Globe Awards as she won for the second time around the Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy or Musical Award. This only shows that the actress can talk about her bowel movement, photobomb Taylor Swift and won the Golden Globe all in the same night.
There is no question that the actress can charm her way out, and make an embarrassing situation looks like she is just having fun. "Teen Wolf" star Colton Hayes jumpstart the "Lawrencing" party when he posted a picture of himself emulating the "American Hustle" actress and her famous Dior gown, and imitating her facial expression when she photobomb her friend Taylor Swift.
The photo went viral instantly riding on the hype of Lawrence Golden Globe victory and the stunt she pulled on the red carpet. And right after Colton posted his Jennifer Lawrence meme, twerking is ancient history as "Lawrencing" is the new hype of today.
Twitter, Tumblr and Instagram are on fire as fans upload their very own version of "Lawrencing" as hundreds of pictures have surfaced online wearing white sheets with two black belts, or a duct tape. Here are some of the Twitter reactions of Jennifer Lawrence Golden Globe gown.
Chris Wallace @ChrisWallace101 - I'm so embarrassed. Jennifer Lawrence and I have the same dress.
Cinton Kelly @clinton_kelly - Typical Monday. "Hey, Mary! Do you think I can convince Jennifer Lawrence to be my bestie?" #lawrencing pic.twitter.com/6ova7hHfs3
Ellie Rountree (@elspethjane) - The dress wa overshadowed the others including Margot Robbie's sexy white dress, Olivia Wilde's dazzling sheath and Mila Kunis' metallic gown. However Emma Watson's dress also proved to be a big talking point.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers