Move Over Twerking, 'Lawrencing’ is Here!
By Riza Ornos | January 14, 2014 1:38 PM EST
Twerking is so last year and Miley Cyrus is so 2013. Jennifer Lawrence is dominating the World Wide Web now with her famous "Lawrencing." Thanks to her Christian Dior dress, Jennifer Lawrence is starting a new internet phenomenon that has all fans emulating her famous dress and even pets are joining the internet trend.
The "American Hustle" is the life of the party on the recent 2014 Golden Globe Awards as she won for the second time around the Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy or Musical Award. This only shows that the actress can talk about her bowel movement, photobomb Taylor Swift and won the Golden Globe all in the same night.
There is no question that the actress can charm her way out, and make an embarrassing situation looks like she is just having fun. "Teen Wolf" star Colton Hayes jumpstart the "Lawrencing" party when he posted a picture of himself emulating the "American Hustle" actress and her famous Dior gown, and imitating her facial expression when she photobomb her friend Taylor Swift.
The photo went viral instantly riding on the hype of Lawrence Golden Globe victory and the stunt she pulled on the red carpet. And right after Colton posted his Jennifer Lawrence meme, twerking is ancient history as "Lawrencing" is the new hype of today.
Twitter, Tumblr and Instagram are on fire as fans upload their very own version of "Lawrencing" as hundreds of pictures have surfaced online wearing white sheets with two black belts, or a duct tape. Here are some of the Twitter reactions of Jennifer Lawrence Golden Globe gown.
Chris Wallace @ChrisWallace101 - I'm so embarrassed. Jennifer Lawrence and I have the same dress.
Cinton Kelly @clinton_kelly - Typical Monday. "Hey, Mary! Do you think I can convince Jennifer Lawrence to be my bestie?" #lawrencing pic.twitter.com/6ova7hHfs3
Ellie Rountree (@elspethjane) - The dress wa overshadowed the others including Margot Robbie's sexy white dress, Olivia Wilde's dazzling sheath and Mila Kunis' metallic gown. However Emma Watson's dress also proved to be a big talking point.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- ‘True Blood’: Identity Of Sookie’s Husband In Final Episode Thank You Revealed
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Spoilers: Juice Ratting Gemma Out To Jax, Unser Helping New Sheriff
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Cersei Lannister – Possible Deviation From The Books
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Warns Gareth Of Dire Consequences In New Promo [VIDEO]
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Two Weeks to Go Starting at $800 with New Phosphorus HealthKit Chip
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Bill Shorten Calls Tony Abbott 'Ineligible' To Lead Australia; Government Party-Room Leaks On Abbott'sTravel Entitlements