Too Hot To Handle? Miley Cyrus And Britney Spears Banned From France Television [VIDEOS]
By nidhi tewari | January 13, 2014 6:06 PM EST
Miley Cyrus loves Britney Spears and looks up to her as an international pop star. Both are former Disney stars who managed to get ahead in life by choosing singing as their careers. But who would have known that the two hotties will have not only success as a common factor in their lives but also being banned together from television?
Singer Miley Cyrus performs during KIIS FM's Jingle Ball concert at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California, December 6, 2013.
BritBrit and Miley birdie are probably too hot to handle for the French. Both singers have been banned from daytime French television. CSA, a media watchdog group, has banned "Wrecking Ball" and "Work B-tch" before 10 p.m. as they are believed inappropriate for younger audiences.
Strangely Miley Cyrus' music video "Wrecking Ball" has broken all records on YouTube in 2013. It became the most watched video not only on YouTube but also on video sharing Web site, Vevo. Cyrus rides naked on a huge iron ball in the music video of "Wrecking Ball," which was directed by controversial photographer, Terry Richardson. Since Cyrus was naked in the music video half of the time it was slammed by critics for being too racy and raunchy for day time television viewing. But coming from a free-willed country like France? That was quite strange.
Why was Britney's music video "Work B-tch" banned? According to CSA, Spears' bondage theme in the video depicts "a sadomachistic universe representing women in a way that risks shocking many viewers." Spears was seen putting a leash on two men in the music video, which might be deemed too risqué for daytime view. The mommy to two toddler sons also admitted that she has too much naked stuff going on in her music videos and they are inappropriate for kids.
"I cut out half the video because I am a mother and because, you know, I have children, and it's just hard to play sexy mom while you're being a pop star as well," Spears told Independent in October.
Do you think France has done the right thing to ban these two music videos for daytime viewing? Watch the two music videos below and judge for yourself.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]