Too Hot To Handle? Miley Cyrus And Britney Spears Banned From France Television [VIDEOS]
By nidhi tewari | January 13, 2014 6:06 PM EST
Miley Cyrus loves Britney Spears and looks up to her as an international pop star. Both are former Disney stars who managed to get ahead in life by choosing singing as their careers. But who would have known that the two hotties will have not only success as a common factor in their lives but also being banned together from television?
Singer Miley Cyrus performs during KIIS FM's Jingle Ball concert at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California, December 6, 2013.
BritBrit and Miley birdie are probably too hot to handle for the French. Both singers have been banned from daytime French television. CSA, a media watchdog group, has banned "Wrecking Ball" and "Work B-tch" before 10 p.m. as they are believed inappropriate for younger audiences.
Strangely Miley Cyrus' music video "Wrecking Ball" has broken all records on YouTube in 2013. It became the most watched video not only on YouTube but also on video sharing Web site, Vevo. Cyrus rides naked on a huge iron ball in the music video of "Wrecking Ball," which was directed by controversial photographer, Terry Richardson. Since Cyrus was naked in the music video half of the time it was slammed by critics for being too racy and raunchy for day time television viewing. But coming from a free-willed country like France? That was quite strange.
Why was Britney's music video "Work B-tch" banned? According to CSA, Spears' bondage theme in the video depicts "a sadomachistic universe representing women in a way that risks shocking many viewers." Spears was seen putting a leash on two men in the music video, which might be deemed too risqué for daytime view. The mommy to two toddler sons also admitted that she has too much naked stuff going on in her music videos and they are inappropriate for kids.
"I cut out half the video because I am a mother and because, you know, I have children, and it's just hard to play sexy mom while you're being a pop star as well," Spears told Independent in October.
Do you think France has done the right thing to ban these two music videos for daytime viewing? Watch the two music videos below and judge for yourself.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’