Too Hot To Handle? Miley Cyrus And Britney Spears Banned From France Television [VIDEOS]
By nidhi tewari | January 13, 2014 6:06 PM EST
Miley Cyrus loves Britney Spears and looks up to her as an international pop star. Both are former Disney stars who managed to get ahead in life by choosing singing as their careers. But who would have known that the two hotties will have not only success as a common factor in their lives but also being banned together from television?
Singer Miley Cyrus performs during KIIS FM's Jingle Ball concert at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California, December 6, 2013.
BritBrit and Miley birdie are probably too hot to handle for the French. Both singers have been banned from daytime French television. CSA, a media watchdog group, has banned "Wrecking Ball" and "Work B-tch" before 10 p.m. as they are believed inappropriate for younger audiences.
Strangely Miley Cyrus' music video "Wrecking Ball" has broken all records on YouTube in 2013. It became the most watched video not only on YouTube but also on video sharing Web site, Vevo. Cyrus rides naked on a huge iron ball in the music video of "Wrecking Ball," which was directed by controversial photographer, Terry Richardson. Since Cyrus was naked in the music video half of the time it was slammed by critics for being too racy and raunchy for day time television viewing. But coming from a free-willed country like France? That was quite strange.
Why was Britney's music video "Work B-tch" banned? According to CSA, Spears' bondage theme in the video depicts "a sadomachistic universe representing women in a way that risks shocking many viewers." Spears was seen putting a leash on two men in the music video, which might be deemed too risqué for daytime view. The mommy to two toddler sons also admitted that she has too much naked stuff going on in her music videos and they are inappropriate for kids.
"I cut out half the video because I am a mother and because, you know, I have children, and it's just hard to play sexy mom while you're being a pop star as well," Spears told Independent in October.
Do you think France has done the right thing to ban these two music videos for daytime viewing? Watch the two music videos below and judge for yourself.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2