Bulls Trade Rumors: Chicago Might Trade Joakim Noah To Phoenix Suns In Exchange For Draft Picks, Veterans
By Lou Ramon Aguila | January 13, 2014 1:20 AM EST
Chicago Bulls All-Star center Joakim Noak is reportedly on the trading block just a couple of weeks after the ball club traded All-Star small forward Luol Deng to Cleveland Cavaliers in a money-saving move.
Chicago center Joakim Noah
According to Sports Illustrated Fan Sided, Noah and several Bulls players could likely be moved before the February 20 traded deadline as the Bulls try to clear more cap spaces for this coming summer's free agency period.
Moreover, the Bulls front office appears to be convinced that the championship window of the group already closed when Derrick Rose suffered a second season-ending knee injury 10 games coming off a lengthy rehab from a torn ACL injury.
Most of basketball followers also believed the Bulls are now starting to let the season slip away in an attempt to land a lottery pick in next year's loaded NBA Draft, where several franchise-changing players such Jabbari Parker, Andrew Wiggins and Dante Exum are up for grabs.
Noah, who averaged 11.1 points, 10.4 rebounds and 1.3 blocks per game this season, got reportedly angry after learning that his best pals in the Bulls locker room was traded.
Despite his big production as of late, Noah will continue to be a subject of trade rumors for the next few weeks. According to ESPN NBA Insider Chad Ford, the Bulls might be willing to trade their best defensive big man away and few other players, if given an enticing offer.
"Don't think so. Lots of talk about those two as well as Boozer. I've said this in several of our last Tank Ranks, management has made the decision to tank this season. Coach isn't on board, but they can keep taking cards out of his hand to play," Ford said during a chat session on ESPN Sports Nation.
Manning the Suns Defence
The Suns are undoubtedly the most surprising teams this season, putting themselves in the playoff conversation despite receiving mediocre feedbacks from analysts. However, despite their resurgence, the Suns are aware that they can still win playoff games without a legitimate star to play alongside up-and-coming guards Eric Bledsoe and Goran Dragic.
The Suns ranked 9th in the league in points per game at 103 points per outing, but just place 17th in points allowed per game (100.7). Injecting a great rebounder and defensive specialist like Noah to their lineup will give the Suns an opportunity to excel not only in the remaining games in the regular-season, but as well in the postseason, where the pace of each game becomes slower.
Loaded with draft picks and young talents, the Suns could simply put a package consist of at least two first-round picks, Emeka Okafor, and one of the Morris Brothers (Markieff or Marcus) for Noah. The Bulls could also ask for former Maryland Terrapins standout Alex Len, though it would be hard for the Suns to let the young centre walk away.
However, if the Suns are willing enough to make a gamble, Noah proves to be a perfect fit for them because of his ability to make an impact on both ends of the floor.
For more NBA Trade news, read more at IBT Sports
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Michael Schumacher Condition: Manager Sabine Kehm Says The 7-Time World Champion Is Making ‘Progress Appropriate To The Severity Of His Situation’
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]