Digital Media Goes Elite as HuffPo Announces The WorldPost By The Most Powerful
By Johnlee Varghese | January 10, 2014 2:25 AM EST
Leading news portal, The Huffington Post has announced its plans to launch a new digital venture THEWORLDPOST that will have top elites onboard in its editorial team.
Arianna Huffington, president and editor-in-chief of AOL’s Huffington Post Media Group
TheWorldPost is slated to be launched at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland sometime in January itself. The news portal will have former British Prime Minister Tony Blair, Microsoft's Bill Gates and Google's Eric Schmidt as contributors.
The Huffington Post, which is part of AOL, and the Berggruen Institute on Governance will bring together contributors from diverse countries and background to the new venture. Besides, digital media titan Arianna Huffington and the billionaire investor Nicolas Berggruen, the elite group of editorial staff will comprise of Juan Luis Cebrian, founding editor of El Pais, Dileep Padgaonkar, consulting editor of the Times of India, Yoichi Funabashi, former editor-in-chief of Asahi Shimbun, and Pierre Omidyar, founder and chairman of eBay.
To list a few more top names,the digital platform will also have contributions from Dalai Lama,inventor and entrepreneur Elon Musk, American cellist Yo-yo Ma, Turkish Nobel laureate Orhan Pamuk, architect Frank Gehry and the former Brazilian president Fernando Henrique Cardoso.
THEWORLDPOST will have its own website but the world section of Huffington Post will be moved. The HuffPo that has 10 international editions, including in France, Italy, Spain, Germany, Japan and Brazil will run the advertising side of the business.
"There is a need for a purely online global publication that brings together the influential voices of the Berggruen Institute - global thinkers, Nobel laureates - with all the new voices, the young people around the world who don't have as big a platform. My mission for the World Post is to have that global conversation," Arianna Huffington, president and editor-in-chief of AOL's Huffington Post Media Group to Financial Times.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Meeks Death Hoax: Handsome Felon's Fake Death after Release from Jail Goes Viral
- Happy Birthday Prince George: 5 Things to Know About Kate Middleton and Prince William’s Son
- Prince George’s Birthday Celebrations: Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla to Remain Absent from Grandson's First Birthday Party Plus Other Details- Report
- Another Aviation Disaster: Taiwan Plane Crashes, Passengers Aboard Feared Dead [PHOTO]
- 'Dronies' to Become Latest Trend as Tourism New Zealand Buys Drone to Record Tourists' Videos
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales