Digital Media Goes Elite as HuffPo Announces The WorldPost By The Most Powerful
By Johnlee Varghese | January 10, 2014 2:25 AM EST
Leading news portal, The Huffington Post has announced its plans to launch a new digital venture THEWORLDPOST that will have top elites onboard in its editorial team.
Arianna Huffington, president and editor-in-chief of AOL’s Huffington Post Media Group
TheWorldPost is slated to be launched at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland sometime in January itself. The news portal will have former British Prime Minister Tony Blair, Microsoft's Bill Gates and Google's Eric Schmidt as contributors.
The Huffington Post, which is part of AOL, and the Berggruen Institute on Governance will bring together contributors from diverse countries and background to the new venture. Besides, digital media titan Arianna Huffington and the billionaire investor Nicolas Berggruen, the elite group of editorial staff will comprise of Juan Luis Cebrian, founding editor of El Pais, Dileep Padgaonkar, consulting editor of the Times of India, Yoichi Funabashi, former editor-in-chief of Asahi Shimbun, and Pierre Omidyar, founder and chairman of eBay.
To list a few more top names,the digital platform will also have contributions from Dalai Lama,inventor and entrepreneur Elon Musk, American cellist Yo-yo Ma, Turkish Nobel laureate Orhan Pamuk, architect Frank Gehry and the former Brazilian president Fernando Henrique Cardoso.
THEWORLDPOST will have its own website but the world section of Huffington Post will be moved. The HuffPo that has 10 international editions, including in France, Italy, Spain, Germany, Japan and Brazil will run the advertising side of the business.
"There is a need for a purely online global publication that brings together the influential voices of the Berggruen Institute - global thinkers, Nobel laureates - with all the new voices, the young people around the world who don't have as big a platform. My mission for the World Post is to have that global conversation," Arianna Huffington, president and editor-in-chief of AOL's Huffington Post Media Group to Financial Times.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Robots May Be Used to Fight Ebola in West Africa; Australian PM Admits US, UK Asked For Medical Teams
- Decades-Long Mystery of Oklahoma Lake Solved, Missing Six Bodies Identified
- Belgium Chocolate Maker ISIS Forced To Change Brand Name To Escape Customer Fury
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS