Digital Media Goes Elite as HuffPo Announces The WorldPost By The Most Powerful
By Johnlee Varghese | January 10, 2014 2:25 AM EST
Leading news portal, The Huffington Post has announced its plans to launch a new digital venture THEWORLDPOST that will have top elites onboard in its editorial team.
Arianna Huffington, president and editor-in-chief of AOL’s Huffington Post Media Group
TheWorldPost is slated to be launched at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland sometime in January itself. The news portal will have former British Prime Minister Tony Blair, Microsoft's Bill Gates and Google's Eric Schmidt as contributors.
The Huffington Post, which is part of AOL, and the Berggruen Institute on Governance will bring together contributors from diverse countries and background to the new venture. Besides, digital media titan Arianna Huffington and the billionaire investor Nicolas Berggruen, the elite group of editorial staff will comprise of Juan Luis Cebrian, founding editor of El Pais, Dileep Padgaonkar, consulting editor of the Times of India, Yoichi Funabashi, former editor-in-chief of Asahi Shimbun, and Pierre Omidyar, founder and chairman of eBay.
To list a few more top names,the digital platform will also have contributions from Dalai Lama,inventor and entrepreneur Elon Musk, American cellist Yo-yo Ma, Turkish Nobel laureate Orhan Pamuk, architect Frank Gehry and the former Brazilian president Fernando Henrique Cardoso.
THEWORLDPOST will have its own website but the world section of Huffington Post will be moved. The HuffPo that has 10 international editions, including in France, Italy, Spain, Germany, Japan and Brazil will run the advertising side of the business.
"There is a need for a purely online global publication that brings together the influential voices of the Berggruen Institute - global thinkers, Nobel laureates - with all the new voices, the young people around the world who don't have as big a platform. My mission for the World Post is to have that global conversation," Arianna Huffington, president and editor-in-chief of AOL's Huffington Post Media Group to Financial Times.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Where to Watch Delta Aquarids July 28-29 Peak Online, NASA Cameras Spotted Start of Perseid Meteor Shower
- UFO Sightings: Mysterious Bright Lights Spotted Flashing over Toronto, Witnesses Share UFO Sighting Experience on Social Media [VIDEO]
- Viral Wedding Photo: Amy Hicks Reveals True Story behind Viral Photo that Created Trending Hashtag on Twitter #westillcoming
- Six-Year-Old Canada girl Dies after Hit by Sedan in Crowded Store
- New Zealand-Born IDF Soldier Killed in Gaza Attack Amid Ceasefire Promises
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies