Digital Media Goes Elite as HuffPo Announces The WorldPost By The Most Powerful
By Johnlee Varghese | January 10, 2014 2:25 AM EST
Leading news portal, The Huffington Post has announced its plans to launch a new digital venture THEWORLDPOST that will have top elites onboard in its editorial team.
Arianna Huffington, president and editor-in-chief of AOL’s Huffington Post Media Group
TheWorldPost is slated to be launched at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland sometime in January itself. The news portal will have former British Prime Minister Tony Blair, Microsoft's Bill Gates and Google's Eric Schmidt as contributors.
The Huffington Post, which is part of AOL, and the Berggruen Institute on Governance will bring together contributors from diverse countries and background to the new venture. Besides, digital media titan Arianna Huffington and the billionaire investor Nicolas Berggruen, the elite group of editorial staff will comprise of Juan Luis Cebrian, founding editor of El Pais, Dileep Padgaonkar, consulting editor of the Times of India, Yoichi Funabashi, former editor-in-chief of Asahi Shimbun, and Pierre Omidyar, founder and chairman of eBay.
To list a few more top names,the digital platform will also have contributions from Dalai Lama,inventor and entrepreneur Elon Musk, American cellist Yo-yo Ma, Turkish Nobel laureate Orhan Pamuk, architect Frank Gehry and the former Brazilian president Fernando Henrique Cardoso.
THEWORLDPOST will have its own website but the world section of Huffington Post will be moved. The HuffPo that has 10 international editions, including in France, Italy, Spain, Germany, Japan and Brazil will run the advertising side of the business.
"There is a need for a purely online global publication that brings together the influential voices of the Berggruen Institute - global thinkers, Nobel laureates - with all the new voices, the young people around the world who don't have as big a platform. My mission for the World Post is to have that global conversation," Arianna Huffington, president and editor-in-chief of AOL's Huffington Post Media Group to Financial Times.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Makes First Public Appearance, Sickness Seems Over
- Kate Middleton To Give Birth To A 'Cheerful' Baby, Duchess Not Carrying Twins---Report
- Woman Stuck In Chimney: Genoveva Nunez-Figueroa Arrested For Attempted Break-In After Rescue Team Pulls Stuck Woman Out Of Chimney
- Naked Russian Artist Strikes Anew, Cuts Off Earlobes To Protest Return Of Soviet-Era Policies
- Australia Braces For 'Catastrophic Conditions' As Bushfire Season Begins
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand