Digital Media Goes Elite as HuffPo Announces The WorldPost By The Most Powerful
By Johnlee Varghese | January 10, 2014 2:25 AM EST
Leading news portal, The Huffington Post has announced its plans to launch a new digital venture THEWORLDPOST that will have top elites onboard in its editorial team.
Arianna Huffington, president and editor-in-chief of AOL’s Huffington Post Media Group
TheWorldPost is slated to be launched at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland sometime in January itself. The news portal will have former British Prime Minister Tony Blair, Microsoft's Bill Gates and Google's Eric Schmidt as contributors.
The Huffington Post, which is part of AOL, and the Berggruen Institute on Governance will bring together contributors from diverse countries and background to the new venture. Besides, digital media titan Arianna Huffington and the billionaire investor Nicolas Berggruen, the elite group of editorial staff will comprise of Juan Luis Cebrian, founding editor of El Pais, Dileep Padgaonkar, consulting editor of the Times of India, Yoichi Funabashi, former editor-in-chief of Asahi Shimbun, and Pierre Omidyar, founder and chairman of eBay.
To list a few more top names,the digital platform will also have contributions from Dalai Lama,inventor and entrepreneur Elon Musk, American cellist Yo-yo Ma, Turkish Nobel laureate Orhan Pamuk, architect Frank Gehry and the former Brazilian president Fernando Henrique Cardoso.
THEWORLDPOST will have its own website but the world section of Huffington Post will be moved. The HuffPo that has 10 international editions, including in France, Italy, Spain, Germany, Japan and Brazil will run the advertising side of the business.
"There is a need for a purely online global publication that brings together the influential voices of the Berggruen Institute - global thinkers, Nobel laureates - with all the new voices, the young people around the world who don't have as big a platform. My mission for the World Post is to have that global conversation," Arianna Huffington, president and editor-in-chief of AOL's Huffington Post Media Group to Financial Times.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Brisbane Woman Performs Sex With Dog, Gets Charged With Bestiality
- Top 5 Halloween 2014 Costume Ideas For Teen Boys
- ISIS Parades 30 Sunni Tribesmen Before Shooting Them Dead In Iraqi Town
- Video Showing Woman Getting Sexually Harassed on New York Streets Goes Viral
- Early Heat Wave Breaks Records In Australia; Lighting Storms Spark Bushfires In Queensland [VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight