NFL Playoffs – NFC Divisional Round: New Orleans Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks Live Streaming Info and Betting Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | January 10, 2014 12:23 AM EST
Underdog by eight points in most sportsbooks, the New Orleans Saints need all the confidence they can get when they face the Seattle Seahawks in the NFC Divisional Playoffs in the second week of the NFL postseason.
NFL: St. Louis Rams at Seattle Seahawks
The 26-24 win over the Philadelphia Eagles in last week’s wildcard game should give them some boost as the victory came via a rare road victory for the franchise. The Seahawks gained the opening round by for topping the NFC with 13 wins against 3 losses in the regular season.
Seattle is virtually unstoppable at home. They went 7-1 at the CenturyLink Field this season and 16-1 overall in their last 17 games there. They also have a six-game home winning streak in the postseason.
The Saints limped into the playoffs winning just two of their last five games in the regular season. However, they did enough in beating the Eagles led by their defense—Philly only had 186 passing yards and 80 rushing yards—and kicker Shayne Graham who made four field goals from 36, 46, 35 and 32 yards.
Star quarterback Russell Wilson and Seattle’s best passing defense (172.0 opponents’ passing yards per game – 1st in the NFL) are expected to lead the Seahawks, which also may be getting back wide receiver Percy Harvin and Luke Willson, both coming off injuries but saw practice time over the last week.
Seattle limits the opposition to just 14.4 points per game-- the best mark in the league this season.
Watch the Saints vs. Seahawks via NFL Game Pass.
Betting Lines: New Orleans Saints (+8) vs. Seattle Seahawks (O/U: 46.5)
Game time: 7:35 a.m. AEDT (Sunday, January 12)
Betting Against the Spread
New Orleans Saints Trends
- Saints are 5-11 ATS in their last 16 games in January
- Saints are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games after a win
- Saints are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games on the road
- Saints are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games vs. Seattle
- Saints are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games in Seattle
Seattle Seahawks Trends
- Seahawks are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games after a win
- Seahawks are 12-3 ATS in their last 15 games vs. teams with winning records
- Seahawks are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 home games in the NFL Playoffs
- Seahawks are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games in the NFL Playoffs
- Seahawks are 19-7 ATS in their last 26 games vs. NFC teams
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: Spain vs. Iran Preview, Starting Lineups
- Top 10 WTA Fastest Tennis Serves of All Time
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- Without LeBron James, Kevin Durant And Other Stars, Team USA Looks to James Harden As Leader In 2014 FIBA World Cup in Spain
- UEFA Champions League Draw: Schedule, TV and Live Stream Information
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine
- Amazon Threatened by Google’s Partnership with Barnes and Noble