NFL Playoffs – NFC Divisional Round: New Orleans Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks Live Streaming Info and Betting Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | January 10, 2014 12:23 AM EST
Underdog by eight points in most sportsbooks, the New Orleans Saints need all the confidence they can get when they face the Seattle Seahawks in the NFC Divisional Playoffs in the second week of the NFL postseason.
NFL: St. Louis Rams at Seattle Seahawks
The 26-24 win over the Philadelphia Eagles in last week’s wildcard game should give them some boost as the victory came via a rare road victory for the franchise. The Seahawks gained the opening round by for topping the NFC with 13 wins against 3 losses in the regular season.
Seattle is virtually unstoppable at home. They went 7-1 at the CenturyLink Field this season and 16-1 overall in their last 17 games there. They also have a six-game home winning streak in the postseason.
The Saints limped into the playoffs winning just two of their last five games in the regular season. However, they did enough in beating the Eagles led by their defense—Philly only had 186 passing yards and 80 rushing yards—and kicker Shayne Graham who made four field goals from 36, 46, 35 and 32 yards.
Star quarterback Russell Wilson and Seattle’s best passing defense (172.0 opponents’ passing yards per game – 1st in the NFL) are expected to lead the Seahawks, which also may be getting back wide receiver Percy Harvin and Luke Willson, both coming off injuries but saw practice time over the last week.
Seattle limits the opposition to just 14.4 points per game-- the best mark in the league this season.
Watch the Saints vs. Seahawks via NFL Game Pass.
Betting Lines: New Orleans Saints (+8) vs. Seattle Seahawks (O/U: 46.5)
Game time: 7:35 a.m. AEDT (Sunday, January 12)
Betting Against the Spread
New Orleans Saints Trends
- Saints are 5-11 ATS in their last 16 games in January
- Saints are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games after a win
- Saints are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games on the road
- Saints are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games vs. Seattle
- Saints are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games in Seattle
Seattle Seahawks Trends
- Seahawks are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games after a win
- Seahawks are 12-3 ATS in their last 15 games vs. teams with winning records
- Seahawks are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 home games in the NFL Playoffs
- Seahawks are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games in the NFL Playoffs
- Seahawks are 19-7 ATS in their last 26 games vs. NFC teams
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Miami Heat Prepare For Life Without LeBron James, To Feature More Of Wade And Bosh In New System
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Apple iOS 8 Can Trump Google Android 5.0 L Upon September 17 Release
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Twitter Photo Of British Medical Muslima Student Holding Severed Head
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet