NFL Playoffs – AFC Divisional Round: Indianapolis Colts vs. New England Patriots Live Streaming Info and Game Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | January 10, 2014 12:23 AM EST
The Indianapolis Colts are on a high after their 45-to-44 upset win over the Kansas City Chiefs in the wildcard round. They rallied from 28 points down but still pulled off the win, the second biggest comeback in playoff history.
NFL: AFC Wildcard Playoff-Kansas City Chiefs at Indianapolis Colts
In the AFC divisional round, they’ll be facing the New England Patriots, which seems to be a more poised team than their previous opponent in this postseason.
Super sophomore Andrew Luck was one of the Colts who had a monster outing vs. the Chiefs. The 24-year-old quarterback passed for 443 yards (29-of-45 completion) finished with 4 touchdowns, 3 interceptions-- all when they were trailing big.
With Luck clutch against the Chiefs, the Colts are now 14-2 in 16 games with a margin of victory of seven or fewer points for either Indianapolis or its opponent.
On the other side of this match-up is veteran star QB Tom Brady, who has led the Patriots to three staight wins over the Colts. The last one was a 59-to-24 victory when the 36-year-old QB finished with 331 passing yards (24-of-35 completions), three TDs and no INT. He outdueled Luck who had 334 yards and two TD but had 3 INT.
The Colts have been successful against the spread versus the Patriots however, they are 2-1-1 ATS in the last four and 6-2-1 ATS in the last 9 IND-NE meetings.
Watch the Colts vs. Patriots with NFL Game Pass.
Betting Lines: Indianapolis Colts (+7.5) vs. New England Patriots (O/U: 51.5
Game time: 11:15 a.m. AEDT (Sunday, January 12)
Betting Against the Spread
Indianapolis Colts Trends
- Colts are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games in New England
- Colts are 6-2-1 ATS in their last 9 games vs. New England
- Colts are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games vs. AFC teams
- Colts are 23-11-2 ATS in their last 36 games vs. teams with winning records
- Colts are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games in January
New England Patriots Trends
- Patriots are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games at home
- Patriots are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games after a win
- Patriots are 2-9 ATS in their last 11 games in the playoffs
- Patriots are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games at home vs. Indianapolis
- Patriots are 2-6-1 ATS in their last 9 games vs. Indianapolis
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Michael Schumacher Condition: Manager Sabine Kehm Says The 7-Time World Champion Is Making ‘Progress Appropriate To The Severity Of His Situation’
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]