NFL Playoffs – AFC Divisional Round: Indianapolis Colts vs. New England Patriots Live Streaming Info and Game Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | January 10, 2014 12:23 AM EST
The Indianapolis Colts are on a high after their 45-to-44 upset win over the Kansas City Chiefs in the wildcard round. They rallied from 28 points down but still pulled off the win, the second biggest comeback in playoff history.
NFL: AFC Wildcard Playoff-Kansas City Chiefs at Indianapolis Colts
In the AFC divisional round, they’ll be facing the New England Patriots, which seems to be a more poised team than their previous opponent in this postseason.
Super sophomore Andrew Luck was one of the Colts who had a monster outing vs. the Chiefs. The 24-year-old quarterback passed for 443 yards (29-of-45 completion) finished with 4 touchdowns, 3 interceptions-- all when they were trailing big.
With Luck clutch against the Chiefs, the Colts are now 14-2 in 16 games with a margin of victory of seven or fewer points for either Indianapolis or its opponent.
On the other side of this match-up is veteran star QB Tom Brady, who has led the Patriots to three staight wins over the Colts. The last one was a 59-to-24 victory when the 36-year-old QB finished with 331 passing yards (24-of-35 completions), three TDs and no INT. He outdueled Luck who had 334 yards and two TD but had 3 INT.
The Colts have been successful against the spread versus the Patriots however, they are 2-1-1 ATS in the last four and 6-2-1 ATS in the last 9 IND-NE meetings.
Watch the Colts vs. Patriots with NFL Game Pass.
Betting Lines: Indianapolis Colts (+7.5) vs. New England Patriots (O/U: 51.5
Game time: 11:15 a.m. AEDT (Sunday, January 12)
Betting Against the Spread
Indianapolis Colts Trends
- Colts are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games in New England
- Colts are 6-2-1 ATS in their last 9 games vs. New England
- Colts are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games vs. AFC teams
- Colts are 23-11-2 ATS in their last 36 games vs. teams with winning records
- Colts are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games in January
New England Patriots Trends
- Patriots are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games at home
- Patriots are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games after a win
- Patriots are 2-9 ATS in their last 11 games in the playoffs
- Patriots are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games at home vs. Indianapolis
- Patriots are 2-6-1 ATS in their last 9 games vs. Indianapolis
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June