Mahindra XUV500 Breaches Milestone 75,000 Mark
By greeshma m | January 10, 2014 12:19 AM EST
Mahindra and Mahindra on Thursday announced that the company has sold over 75,000 units of its iconic sports utility vehicle XUV500, since its launch in 2011.
Mahindra & Mahindra XUV500 Breaches 75,000 Milestone Mark
Sharing the joy, Pravin Shah, Chief Executive, Automotive Division, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. said in a statement: "We are overwhelmed by the enthusiastic response from customers to the XUV500 that has led to the impressive sales of 75,000 plus vehicles in just over two years since its launch. This is a benchmark for sales among high-end SUVs, for which we are humbled. As a customer centric organisation, we keep on evolving and the launch of the W4 variant bears testimony to the same".
Unveiled in September 2011, across five Indian cities, the cheetah-inspired XUV500 drew massive attention due to its stylish frame and state-of-the-art technologies which include GPS navigation system, automatic climate controls, Voice Commands and a sophisticated infotainment system, complete with 6-inch LCD touchscreen, DVD player, Bluesense technology, i-pod connectivity, along with 6 speakers.
The XUV500, which was designed entirely in-house at Mahindra's research and development facility in Chennai, currently has market in India, Australia and South Africa, while the company is planning to expand it to other markets. The vehicle topped a Customer Satisfaction study, conducted by TNS Automotive India in the SUV segment in 2012, and has been riding high in the country ever since its launch.
On the engine front, the XUV500 runs on a 2.2litre mHawk diesel engine, mated to a 6-speed gearbox for transmission, that provides 140bhp with 330Nm torque. It is available in three variants: the W6 ,W8, the recently launched W4.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More