Hottest Makeup Colors for 2014
By Janice Somosot | January 9, 2014 11:56 PM EST
Color trends change every year especially in the fashion and beauty industry. Now that it's 2014, there are some hues that are going to be huge this year. Pantone, the color authority, has officially announced the Color of the Year for 2014 and it's Radiant Orchid 18-3224, which is a cross between purple and pink (Click HERE to see it). Aside from Radiant Orchid, which you will see a lot of in the coming days, some of the hottest makeup colors that will sizzle in 2014 are electric orange, gold, red, berry, navy, cobalt, lilac and chocolate brown.
According to Allure Magazine, The Beauty Expert, the following shades are 5 of the hottest makeup colors for 2014.
1. ELECTRIC ORANGE LIPS -
This bold shade was seen at several runway shows for brands such Rag & Bone, DKNY, Prabal Gurung and Dsquared. Rag & Bone makeup artist Gucci Westman used neon orange lipstick, like Maybelline ColorSensational Lipstick in Electric Orange, on the models' lips.
"We needed a pop of color, but orange is cooler and more gritty than red," Westman said in the Allure Magazine report.
2. RED-VELVET LIPS -
Red is a classic shade that never goes out of style. It is sophisticated and alluring especially if worn without gloss or shimmer. For such a bold in-your-face shade, make sure to use a lip brush to precisely apply it on the lips. Then, apply some concealer around the lip area to clean up any stray lines. Try M.A.C. Lipstick in Ruby Woo or M.A.C. Lip Mix in Crimson topped with a matte loose red pigment.
3. GOLD SHADOW AND HIGHLIGHTER -
This shade is guaranteed to brighten any eye color, whether it's blue, green, hazel or dark brown. Try CoverGirl Tru Magic The Luminizer Skin Perfector, Dolce & Gabbana The Eyeshadow Smooth Eye Colour Duo in Gold, M.A.C. Goldmine, L'Oreal Eternal Sunshine Infallible Eyeshadow or L'Oreal Gold Imperial Infallible Eyeshadow. You can even mix it with a little black for parties. Click HERE to see instructions on how to do a Black and Gold eye makeup look.
4. CHOCOLATE BROWN POLISH -
If you can't eat too much chocolate, why not wear it on your fingers? Not the actual chocolate, but a chocolate-y shade like Essie Little Brown Dress nail polish. It's guaranteed to perk you up in no time.
5. BERRY CHEEKS -
Blush in the color of a juicy berry provides a healthy flush that makes one look naturally beautiful. Try Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Plum Wine.
"(It) gives the face freshness," said makeup artist Charlotte Willer in the Allure Magazine report. She used it on the models at the DKNY Spring 2014 Runway Show.
Click HERE to see other hot hues for 2014.
- READ MORE:
Several Counterfeit Makeup Products Tested Including MAC and Chanel: Found Loaded with Harmful Lead, Beryllium, Aluminum and Bacteria [WATCH VIDEO] (Click HERE)
Pantone Names Radiant Orchid as Official Color of 2014 [WATCH] (Click HERE)
Top 8 Hair and Makeup Trends For Summer 2014 (Click HERE)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Target Black Friday 2014 Store Maps App Featuring In-Store Deals And Doorbusters Available Now On Apple Store And Google Play Store, Plus Check Out The Target Black Friday 2014 Ad [WATCH VIDEO]