Katrina Kaif Dismisses Equation with Deepika Padukone
By Arijita Bhowmik | January 9, 2014 11:22 PM EST
Bollywood's most popular female face Katrina Kaif has finally cleared the air on her less than warm equation with fellow actress Deepika Padukone.
Katrina Kaif at “Dhoom 3” merchandise launch event
Katrina topped the popularity charts in 2013 after being ranked as the most searched Indian celebrity on the internet but the actress has had only one release - "Dhoom 3" - last year.
Deepika, on the other hand, gathered accolades with four back-to-back blockbusters in 2013 and is now being touted as the Numero Uno actress in Bollywood.
When asked on the same, Katrina answered: "People have been talking about me and Kareena for years and now Deepika had very successful releases this year. So what's there to have a take on it?" as quoted by the Daily News Analysis.
When prodded further on her equation with the "Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani" actress, Katrina clarified: "I don't have any equation with Deepika. I am cordial with everyone but I have no equation with her."
"Everyone is here on the merits of their work and if someone has three hit films this year, someone else will have three hit films the next year and so it goes on. The focus will shift to that person accordingly and that's the way it should be," she added.
Katrina's personal life has also been under constant scanner of late. After the bikini pictures fiasco, her relationship with Ranbir Kapoor was highlighted by Kareena Kapoor on this season's "Koffee with Karan" and also by Aamir Khan and wife Kiran Rao.
However, Katrina says she holds no grudge against Kareena and insisted the comments were made in 'good humour'. She felt that despite the over-the-top speculations, the issue would eventually die down.
The actress also clarified that she is happy keeping her personal life under wraps and does not wish to speak about them to the media.
The 30-year-old has her hands full with four films set to release this year: Anurag Basu's Jagga Jasoos, Siddharth Anand's Bang Bang, Kabir Khan's Phantom and Abhishek Kapoor's Fitoor.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date