Box Office Collection: 'Dhoom 3' Earns Over ₹276 Crore in India; New Releases May Affect Aamir Starrer
By sangeetha seshagiri | January 9, 2014 10:44 PM EST
Aamir Khan's "Dhoom 3" is still doing well at the box office, thanks to the lack of big releases.
According to film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh, "Dhoom 3" raked in ₹276.09 crore nett at the Indian box office. "#Dhoom3 language-wise breakup: Hindi ₹ 263.41 cr, Tamil & Telugu ₹ 12.68 cr. Grand total: ₹ 276.09 cr nett. India biz only," Taran tweeted.
Dhoom 3 poster
The film's overseas collections till Tuesday (7 January) stand at ₹157.57 crore ($25.39 million). The Aamir starrer has already been declared an "all time blockbuster."
Directed by Vijay Krishna Acharya, "Dhoom 3" is the third installment in the "Dhoom" franchise. The film turned out to be the biggest hit of 2013 and is now positioned at the top, in the list of highest grossing Bollywood films.
Aamir's "3 Idiots" (2009) was the highest grossing Indian film till "Chennai Express" (2013) broke that record and emerged on top. The film retained the top slot for about three months until "Krrish 3" (2013) smashed its record and became the biggest grosser. Unfortunately, the Hrithik starrer could not enjoy its position for more than two months as "Dhoom 3" performed exceptionally well at the box office.
The film surpassed "Krrish 3" collections in about 12 days and still continues to rake in decent figures. The Aamir starrer created history by becoming the first film to gross ₹500 crore at the worldwide box office.
"Dhoom 3" was expected to start the ₹300 crore club in India but it has not happened till now. The film has earned ₹276.09 crore till its third week Wednesday. It might not create the ₹300crore club, considering that two films are releasing this Friday (10 January) - "Yaariyan" and "Dedh Ishqiya," which might affect "Dhoom 3" collections.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu