Box Office Collection: 'Dhoom 3' Earns Over ₹276 Crore in India; New Releases May Affect Aamir Starrer
By sangeetha seshagiri | January 9, 2014 10:44 PM EST
Aamir Khan's "Dhoom 3" is still doing well at the box office, thanks to the lack of big releases.
According to film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh, "Dhoom 3" raked in ₹276.09 crore nett at the Indian box office. "#Dhoom3 language-wise breakup: Hindi ₹ 263.41 cr, Tamil & Telugu ₹ 12.68 cr. Grand total: ₹ 276.09 cr nett. India biz only," Taran tweeted.
Dhoom 3 poster
The film's overseas collections till Tuesday (7 January) stand at ₹157.57 crore ($25.39 million). The Aamir starrer has already been declared an "all time blockbuster."
Directed by Vijay Krishna Acharya, "Dhoom 3" is the third installment in the "Dhoom" franchise. The film turned out to be the biggest hit of 2013 and is now positioned at the top, in the list of highest grossing Bollywood films.
Aamir's "3 Idiots" (2009) was the highest grossing Indian film till "Chennai Express" (2013) broke that record and emerged on top. The film retained the top slot for about three months until "Krrish 3" (2013) smashed its record and became the biggest grosser. Unfortunately, the Hrithik starrer could not enjoy its position for more than two months as "Dhoom 3" performed exceptionally well at the box office.
The film surpassed "Krrish 3" collections in about 12 days and still continues to rake in decent figures. The Aamir starrer created history by becoming the first film to gross ₹500 crore at the worldwide box office.
"Dhoom 3" was expected to start the ₹300 crore club in India but it has not happened till now. The film has earned ₹276.09 crore till its third week Wednesday. It might not create the ₹300crore club, considering that two films are releasing this Friday (10 January) - "Yaariyan" and "Dedh Ishqiya," which might affect "Dhoom 3" collections.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 15, 2014: Liam Confronts Quinn About Her Secret Regarding Paris [WATCH VIDEO]
- Norman Reedus Instagrams ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Poster Featuring Rick Grimes With A Twist
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- HTC Desire 820 (Octa-Core) vs. Sony Xperia Z3 Compact – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown