Annual bank survey suggests optimism is returning to the UK real estate market
January 9, 2014 7:21 PM EST
At the start of 2013 only 7% of those surveyed as part of Clydesdale and Yorkshire Banks’ annual house buyers research aimed to move to a new home within the next 12 months, however this has now doubled to 14%.
The latest survey also shows that 58% now plan to stay in their current home compared with 62% in January 2013, and 22% plan to improve or extend, no change since a year ago.
The largest percentage of those planning to move are in the London area where 18% intend to buy a new home in 2014, closely followed by 17% in both Wales and the Midlands. In contrast only 11% of those surveyed in both Scotland and in the North West have included moving house in their plans for the New Year.
Optimism also remains high that the value of homes will increase in 2014 with only 3% anticipating that the value of their home will drop in 2014 while 48% think it will rise.
‘A New Year is traditionally a time for planning and looking ahead and our survey has shown that moving home is again becoming a priority for many people,’ said Andrew Pearce, retail director for Clydesdale and Yorkshire Banks.
‘Our annual house buyers research has also highlighted that this is coupled with sustained confidence in property prices with almost half of those surveyed anticipating that the value of their home is set to increase,’ he added.
He also pointed out that Clydesdale and Yorkshire Banks have just launched a new range of mortgages. As well as products for those looking to take their first step on the property ladder, there are a number of mortgages fixed for two and five years which come with a £500 cash back offer and no arrangement fees on selected products. The first time buyer and fee offer mortgages come with a free standard valuation and there is no funds transfer fee.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- U.S. Housing Starts Data in July Turns Around Lackluster Real Estate Growth
- Three U.S. Federal Agencies Cooperate for More Housing Choices
- Canada Developers Have a Taste for U.S. Hotspots
- Zillow to Acquire Web Real Estate Site Trulia
- China’s Wealthiest Man to Spend $1.7B on Australians Beachfront Resort on Gold Coast
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4Guide: Installation and When to Hit Your Region
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch