2014 Must-Watch, 'True Detective' on HBO: Things to Know About Episode 1 (Pilot); Plus Mathew McConaughey, Woody Harrelson Roles (Spoilers +Videos)
By jaskiran kaur | January 9, 2014 9:21 PM EST
The year 2014 has brought a huge line up of new TV shows with it. At the beginning of the year itself, a number of new thriller shows are set to be unveiled which includes, "Intelligence," "Helix," "Spoils of Babylon" and more. One of these must watch TV shows is HBO's "True Detective." Read on, to find out all that you need to know about the debuting show and it's Season 1 Episode 1 (Pilot) The Long Bright Dark. (Spoilers Ahead!)
2014 Must Watch TV Show True Detective: Things to Know (Spoilers)
About HBO's 'True Detective'
HBO's latest TV production "True Detective" is one of the highly anticipated TV shows 2014. This is a detective drama series that is created and written by Nic Pizzolatto who has been honored by many laurels for his work in fiction.
Starring in the show are some of the top-notch actors of Hollywood including "The Wolf of Wall Street" actor Matthew McConaughey and "The Hunger Games" actor Woody Harrelson. The star cast also includes "Transformers'" Kevin Dunn and "Twilight Saga" star Elizabeth Ann Reaser.
Playing the lead role of the detectives working on an unsolved, long running murder mystery are Matthew McConaughey as Rust Cohle and Woody Harrelson as Martin Hart.
True Detective Season 1 Episode 1 (Pilot) The Long Bright Dark Spoilers: Things to Know
The must watch new TV show "True Detective" premieres its Season 1 Episode 1 (pilot) on Jan. 12, 2014. According to the spoilers, the two detectives will find themselves revisiting the year 1995 when they worked together and fell apart due to difference. The lives of these two Louisiana detectives Rust Cohle (Matthew McConaughey) and Martin Hart (Woody Harrelson) will intersect yet again in the year 2012. In present day both detectives need to come together to work jointly on a ritualistic murder case of a young woman named Dora Lange.
According to the spoilers, in True Detective Season 1 Episode 1 (Pilot) The Long Bright Dark, the two detectives will retell the events from the year 1995 as a similar case of murder has surfaced in present day (2012). It appears that the two men failed two solve the murder mystery in the year 1995 before parting ways owing to the differences that emerged in their relationship. This is the place where the story begins as the 17 year-old murder case reopens.
Spoilers also suggest that Martin Hart's wife Maggie Hart (Michelle) struggles to keep the family from falling apart as the two former friends are submerged in the vicious cycle of the case.
True Detective will follow the Sunday slot wherein Season 1 Episode 1 (Pilot) The Long Bright Dark will be followed by Episode 2 titled "Seeing Things." The show that stars the likes of Matthew McConaughey, Woody Harrelson and Kevin Dunn will follow an anthology format wherein the cast members and the story changes in each season. True Detective Season 1 features eight episodes.
Watch the spoiler video of True Detective will follow the Sunday slot wherein Season 1 Episode 1 (Pilot) The Long Bright Dark, below.
Video: True Detective Official Trailer (HBO)
CREDIT: Youtube.com/ HBO
For more entertainment news, read below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage