Samsung Galaxy S4 And Nexus Android 4.4 KitKat Problems: How To Fix Ebook Installation, TouchWhiz And Gallery
By Precious Silva | January 9, 2014 7:52 PM EST
Samsung Galaxy S4 remains one of the most powerful smartphones. The Google Nexus 5 came out with the first Android 4.4 KitKat update as Samsung Galaxy S4 owners were able to update to Android 4.4 KitKat eventually. However, the newest OS like other updates released have several problems. Fortunately, there are third-party providers of quick fixes and solutions.
A Samsung Electronics' Galaxy S4 (front) and Apple's iPhone 5 smartphones are seen in this picture illustration taken in Seoul May 13, 2013.
E-book Installation Problems
There were some users who reported they had problems installing e-books on their Nexus 7 tablet. Fortunately, AndroidPIT moderator, Sinkter, provided a series of steps to fix the issue. To resolve e-book installation on Nexus devices, try the following steps:
1. Check if the e-book has the correct ePub format. There shouldn't be any file extensions. There are torrents and downloaders that do that. It is best to check the format of the e-book. Some providers put the e-books inside an 'eBooks/import' folder.
2. Ensure the folder does not have a file named .nomedia .
3. User should also check if something happens whenever they press 'import' in apps like Aldiko. If the e-book reader does not work, try other readers like Kindle and Moon Reader.
TouchWiz Home And Gallery Issues
Android 4.3 and Android 4.4 users have also shared problems with lagging TouchWiz or stuck Gallery. Users report they are unable to share photos from the Gallery, except for the texts, some of the other applications stop working because of the TouchWiz pop up. One way to resolve this is to:
1. Go to Settings. Open Device and select Home Screen mode.
2. Choose Easy mode then proceed with "Apply." The problem should be fixed.
For people using rooted devices and had been working with a range of transition or animal scales, it is best to put these to 1. If not, then users should leave it as it is. The solution provided should work. Another solution is to:
1. Go Settings, open More and proceed to Application Manager.
2. Navigate to Turn Off tab and select it.
3. Users should clear the cache to fix the lagging TouchWiz pop up.
4. If clearing the cache did not work, turn off the handset and remove the battery.
5. Put if back after a few minutes then reboot the device.
When everything, users should perform a factory reset. Providers of the solutions cannot be held responsible for any consequences following the procedures mentioned. Users can address their handset issues at their own risk. With the continuous problems with Android 4.4 KitKat, including 4.4.1 and 4.4.2, there are talks that Google could release Android 4.4.3 soon.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar
- Selena Gomez Allegedly Back in Rehab, Hugs Nat Wolff the Night Justin Bieber & Orlando Bloom Made Headlines in Ibiza
- Girls Star Allison Williams to Play Titular Role in NBC's Peter Pan Live
- Kendall Jenner Forbids Sister Kim Kardashian from Attending her Fashion Shows, Considers her Presence a Hindrance - Reports
- Kendall Jenner Ignores Kim Kardashian Big Time, Tries to Befriend Beyonce - Reports
- Apple Mac Remains Strong Despite Challenging PC Market, iPhone Remains a Winner Through Q3 Price Points