Pongal 2014: Watch 'Arrambam', 'Thalaivaa', 'Raja Rani' on TV
By sangeetha seshagiri | January 9, 2014 7:43 PM EST
This Pongal will be a special one for Tamil cinema lovers. Besides the new releases "Jilla" and "Veeram", there will be a plethora of latest films which will be screened on popular television channels.
Screenshot from Youtube Video
The audience will have a variety of film choices to watch and enjoy. Here is the list of films getting telecast this Pongal festival (14 January).
Arrambam: Ajith's super hit "Arrambam" is all set to be screened on Jaya TV. Directed by Vishnu Vardhan, "Arrambam" is a stylish action thriller with Ajith, Arya, Nayanthara and Taapsee Pannu in lead roles. The story revolves around Ajith who is on a mission to expose a scam in connection with faulty bullet proofs. The film was one of the biggest hits of 2013.
Thalaivaa: Vijay's "Thalaivaa" will be telecast on Sun TV as a special on the Pongal festival day. Directed by Vijay of "Deiva Thirumagal" fame, "Thalaivaa" is about a common man turning into a leader following the death of his father. Vijay appears as the main lead, while Sathyaraj dons the role of his father.
Raja Rani: Vijay TV will be screening several latest releases as a Pongal treat for fans. Arya-Nayanthara's "Raja Rani", which turned out to be a hit in 2013, will be screened on 14 January. The film which reiterates that there is "life after love failure" appealed to the youth. Its director Atlee and lead actors were appreciated for their work.
Besides the romantic comedy entertainer, the channel will screen Shah Rukh Khan's "Chennai Express", Vijay Sethupathi's "Idarkuthaane Aasaipattai Balakumara" and Jai's "Naveena Saraswathi Sabatham" from 14-15 January.
Pandiya Nadu: Vishal-Lakshmi Menon's Diwali release "Pandiya Nadu" will be screened on Raj TV on 14 January. The thriller flick won accolades from all quarters for its content and the performance of the film's protagonists - Vishal and director Bharathiraja.
Varuthapadatha Vaalibar Sangam: Siva Karthikeyan's "Varuthapadatha Vaalibar Sangam" will be the Pongal treat on Kalaignar TV. The comedy entertainer marks the debut of Sri Divya and also has Sathyaraj in a pivotal role. With "Varuthapadatha Vaalibar Sangam", actor Siva Karthikeyan hit a hat trick in 2013 and was catapulted to the top league.
Zee TV: Vemal's recently-released comedy entertainer "Desingu Raja" will be telecast on Zee TV on 14 January.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage