Pongal 2014: Watch 'Arrambam', 'Thalaivaa', 'Raja Rani' on TV
By sangeetha seshagiri | January 9, 2014 7:43 PM EST
This Pongal will be a special one for Tamil cinema lovers. Besides the new releases "Jilla" and "Veeram", there will be a plethora of latest films which will be screened on popular television channels.
Screenshot from Youtube Video
The audience will have a variety of film choices to watch and enjoy. Here is the list of films getting telecast this Pongal festival (14 January).
Arrambam: Ajith's super hit "Arrambam" is all set to be screened on Jaya TV. Directed by Vishnu Vardhan, "Arrambam" is a stylish action thriller with Ajith, Arya, Nayanthara and Taapsee Pannu in lead roles. The story revolves around Ajith who is on a mission to expose a scam in connection with faulty bullet proofs. The film was one of the biggest hits of 2013.
Thalaivaa: Vijay's "Thalaivaa" will be telecast on Sun TV as a special on the Pongal festival day. Directed by Vijay of "Deiva Thirumagal" fame, "Thalaivaa" is about a common man turning into a leader following the death of his father. Vijay appears as the main lead, while Sathyaraj dons the role of his father.
Raja Rani: Vijay TV will be screening several latest releases as a Pongal treat for fans. Arya-Nayanthara's "Raja Rani", which turned out to be a hit in 2013, will be screened on 14 January. The film which reiterates that there is "life after love failure" appealed to the youth. Its director Atlee and lead actors were appreciated for their work.
Besides the romantic comedy entertainer, the channel will screen Shah Rukh Khan's "Chennai Express", Vijay Sethupathi's "Idarkuthaane Aasaipattai Balakumara" and Jai's "Naveena Saraswathi Sabatham" from 14-15 January.
Pandiya Nadu: Vishal-Lakshmi Menon's Diwali release "Pandiya Nadu" will be screened on Raj TV on 14 January. The thriller flick won accolades from all quarters for its content and the performance of the film's protagonists - Vishal and director Bharathiraja.
Varuthapadatha Vaalibar Sangam: Siva Karthikeyan's "Varuthapadatha Vaalibar Sangam" will be the Pongal treat on Kalaignar TV. The comedy entertainer marks the debut of Sri Divya and also has Sathyaraj in a pivotal role. With "Varuthapadatha Vaalibar Sangam", actor Siva Karthikeyan hit a hat trick in 2013 and was catapulted to the top league.
Zee TV: Vemal's recently-released comedy entertainer "Desingu Raja" will be telecast on Zee TV on 14 January.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions