Pongal 2014: Watch 'Arrambam', 'Thalaivaa', 'Raja Rani' on TV
By sangeetha seshagiri | January 9, 2014 7:43 PM EST
This Pongal will be a special one for Tamil cinema lovers. Besides the new releases "Jilla" and "Veeram", there will be a plethora of latest films which will be screened on popular television channels.
Screenshot from Youtube Video
The audience will have a variety of film choices to watch and enjoy. Here is the list of films getting telecast this Pongal festival (14 January).
Arrambam: Ajith's super hit "Arrambam" is all set to be screened on Jaya TV. Directed by Vishnu Vardhan, "Arrambam" is a stylish action thriller with Ajith, Arya, Nayanthara and Taapsee Pannu in lead roles. The story revolves around Ajith who is on a mission to expose a scam in connection with faulty bullet proofs. The film was one of the biggest hits of 2013.
Thalaivaa: Vijay's "Thalaivaa" will be telecast on Sun TV as a special on the Pongal festival day. Directed by Vijay of "Deiva Thirumagal" fame, "Thalaivaa" is about a common man turning into a leader following the death of his father. Vijay appears as the main lead, while Sathyaraj dons the role of his father.
Raja Rani: Vijay TV will be screening several latest releases as a Pongal treat for fans. Arya-Nayanthara's "Raja Rani", which turned out to be a hit in 2013, will be screened on 14 January. The film which reiterates that there is "life after love failure" appealed to the youth. Its director Atlee and lead actors were appreciated for their work.
Besides the romantic comedy entertainer, the channel will screen Shah Rukh Khan's "Chennai Express", Vijay Sethupathi's "Idarkuthaane Aasaipattai Balakumara" and Jai's "Naveena Saraswathi Sabatham" from 14-15 January.
Pandiya Nadu: Vishal-Lakshmi Menon's Diwali release "Pandiya Nadu" will be screened on Raj TV on 14 January. The thriller flick won accolades from all quarters for its content and the performance of the film's protagonists - Vishal and director Bharathiraja.
Varuthapadatha Vaalibar Sangam: Siva Karthikeyan's "Varuthapadatha Vaalibar Sangam" will be the Pongal treat on Kalaignar TV. The comedy entertainer marks the debut of Sri Divya and also has Sathyaraj in a pivotal role. With "Varuthapadatha Vaalibar Sangam", actor Siva Karthikeyan hit a hat trick in 2013 and was catapulted to the top league.
Zee TV: Vemal's recently-released comedy entertainer "Desingu Raja" will be telecast on Zee TV on 14 January.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Prince George Birthday: Adorable New Pictures of George Touching a Butterfly on William's Hand Released [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal