RIL Starts Gas Production from New Well in KG Basin
January 9, 2014 7:40 PM EST
Reliance Industries, which operates the Krishna-Godavari basin's D6 block off the east coast, has started producing gas from the MA-8 well on January 1, its spokesman said on Thursday.
A February 2003 photo of the Reliance Industries Limited petrochemical plant at Jamnagar.
The well has potential to produce 1 million to 2 million standard cubic metres per day (mscmd) of gas from the well and the output is expected to stabilise by the middle of the month, the Reliance official said.
Reliance is currently producing about 10 mscmd gas from the KG D6 block, sharply lower from the 60 mscmd production at the end of 2010. Reliance and partner BP(BP.L) have cited geological complexities for the fall in output but the oil regulator believes they have failed to drill enough wells.
Falling output had already prompted the government to disallow proportionate cost recovery to Reliance, leading to arbitration proceedings over the issue.
Last month, India allowed Reliance to charge higher prices for gas from April only after the company offered financial guarantees to the government to settle any claims against it over a shortfall in its gas output.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Miranda Kerr Broke Her Silence: Not Pregnant With James Packard’s Baby [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Google Works on Powering Up Chromebook Line to Kill Competitors, Nvidia Joins with Acer for New Killer Laptop