RIL Starts Gas Production from New Well in KG Basin
January 9, 2014 7:40 PM EST
Reliance Industries, which operates the Krishna-Godavari basin's D6 block off the east coast, has started producing gas from the MA-8 well on January 1, its spokesman said on Thursday.
A February 2003 photo of the Reliance Industries Limited petrochemical plant at Jamnagar.
The well has potential to produce 1 million to 2 million standard cubic metres per day (mscmd) of gas from the well and the output is expected to stabilise by the middle of the month, the Reliance official said.
Reliance is currently producing about 10 mscmd gas from the KG D6 block, sharply lower from the 60 mscmd production at the end of 2010. Reliance and partner BP(BP.L) have cited geological complexities for the fall in output but the oil regulator believes they have failed to drill enough wells.
Falling output had already prompted the government to disallow proportionate cost recovery to Reliance, leading to arbitration proceedings over the issue.
Last month, India allowed Reliance to charge higher prices for gas from April only after the company offered financial guarantees to the government to settle any claims against it over a shortfall in its gas output.
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- China Military PLA Drills Affect Flights, Hundreds Cancelled
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: EU Feared Won't Ever Enforce Sanctions on Russia; All Talk, No Force
- Health Canada Orders Labeling of Mechanically Tenderized Beef Meat
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Investigation into Cause of Crash Could Stretch to a Year; Black Box May Not Prove Missile as Cause
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29