How to Enable Flash Player for Android 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 Jelly Bean and Android 4.4 KitKat Devices
By Ryan Inoyori | January 9, 2014 5:36 PM EST
Adobe Flash makes vector graphics, animation and games made from Flash be executable but Adobe doesn't support Flash to Android OS beyond 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. If you want to maximise Web pages with Flash on your mobile browser, here are the steps to install flash manually on devices running Android Jelly Bean or KitKat OS.
Android 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 Jelly Bean with Adobe Flash
Some browsers such as Google Chrome and Opera Mini doesn't support Flash on your Android device. So far, Mozilla Firefox, Dolphin, Boat and default Android 4.0 browser supports the functionality. If you device is running Android Jelly Bean version, here are the steps to install and use Adobe Flash.
1. Enable the option to install non-market apps on your device. Go to Settings > Security > Check Unknown Sources.
2. Download the Adobe Flash version 184.108.40.206 for Android OS on your computer or directly to your device via browser.
3. If you downloaded the APK file on your computer, copy and paste it to the internal storage or microSD card of your Android device.
4. Go to the File Manager of you Android device and find the APK of Adobe Flash you've copied or downloaded earlier.
5. Now tap the APK file to install Adobe Flash on your Android Jelly Bean running device.
6. After that, go to your mobile browser and enable Flash from the settings option.
Android 4.4 KitKat Adobe Flash
Android 4.4 KitKat was not supported by Adobe to have Flash as a native system feature but you can still install manually the application on your device.
1. Enable the installing of APK files by checking Unknown Sources on the settings just like on Android Jelly Bean.
3. If you are using Dolphin, download the Dolphin Jetpack app as well from the Play Store.
4. Download the Adobe Flash version 220.127.116.11 on your mobile device using a browser or to the computer. You need to copy and paste the APK to the mobile device if you downloaded it on a computer.
5. Go to the File Manager then tap on the APK to install Adobe Flash.
6. After the installation, launch Boat or Dolphin browser then go to the browser's settings to enabled Flash plugin.
Once your device has Adobe Flash, mobile browsers can now access and load Web pages with Flash content displays just like desktop browsers.
To contact the editor, e-mail: