'1 Nenokkadine' Box Office: Mahesh Babu Starrer Set for Bumper Openings; Will it Break 'Attarintiki Daredi' Day 1 Collections?
By sangeetha seshagiri | January 9, 2014 5:34 PM EST
Mahesh Babu's much-awaited film "1 Nenokkadine" is releasing in record number of screens worldwide on 10 January. [Also Read: "1 Nenokkadine" Day 1 Collections]
Mahesh Babu in "1 Nenokkadine" (Official Facebook of "1 Nenokkadine")
According to Andhraboxoffice, the film will be releasing in around 1350 screens worldwide. Its India screen count stands at 1140+ Screens, which is an all time record for a Telugu film, and the film will be shown in over 200 screens in overseas markets. However, the number of screens might be reduced after two days when Ram Charan's "Yevadu" hits theatres on 12 January.
"1 Nenokkadine" carries a lot of expectations as the film is deemed as an action, psychological thriller. The film is made on a whopping budget of ₹70 crore and is touted to be costliest Tollywood film to be ever made.
The unique promotional strategies and the film's teasers have generated a lot of hype. The presence of superstar Mahesh Babu will ensure that "1 Nenokkadine" gets a bumper opening on the first day of its release. However, the film's content needs to impress a wide range of audience to ensure that the film continues to perform exceptionally well at the box office.
Mahesh Babu is on a roll following back-to-back successful film such as "Dookudu", "Businessman" and "Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu ("SVSC"). "SVSC", a multi-starrer which released in 2013 Sankranti, earned a worldwide share of around ₹51 crore and turned out to be a hit. According to Andhraboxoffice, Mahesh's upcoming film "1 Nenokkadine" should earn a worldwide share of ₹60 crore to achieve hit status at the box office.
Trade experts and fans will be eager to find out how the film fares at the box office. They will be interested to know if "1 Nenokkadine" will break Pawan Kalyan's "Attarintiki Daredi" collections. The family entertainer, which released in 2013, became one of the highest grossing Telugu films. The film earned over ₹74 crore in worldwide share and created records in the US as well in several places across Andhra Pradesh.
"Attarintiki Daredi" created a new record in Andhra Pradesh earning ₹10.75 crore share on the first day of its release. With "1 Nenokkadine" set for release in record number of screens, will it be able to break "Attarintiki Daredi" collections and set a new record?
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 22-26, 2014: Consequences Of The Crichton-Clark Blast
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2
- Scotland Voted Against Independence, Early Results Indicate