'1 Nenokkadine' Box Office: Mahesh Babu Starrer Set for Bumper Openings; Will it Break 'Attarintiki Daredi' Day 1 Collections?
By sangeetha seshagiri | January 9, 2014 5:34 PM EST
Mahesh Babu's much-awaited film "1 Nenokkadine" is releasing in record number of screens worldwide on 10 January. [Also Read: "1 Nenokkadine" Day 1 Collections]
Mahesh Babu in "1 Nenokkadine" (Official Facebook of "1 Nenokkadine")
According to Andhraboxoffice, the film will be releasing in around 1350 screens worldwide. Its India screen count stands at 1140+ Screens, which is an all time record for a Telugu film, and the film will be shown in over 200 screens in overseas markets. However, the number of screens might be reduced after two days when Ram Charan's "Yevadu" hits theatres on 12 January.
"1 Nenokkadine" carries a lot of expectations as the film is deemed as an action, psychological thriller. The film is made on a whopping budget of ₹70 crore and is touted to be costliest Tollywood film to be ever made.
The unique promotional strategies and the film's teasers have generated a lot of hype. The presence of superstar Mahesh Babu will ensure that "1 Nenokkadine" gets a bumper opening on the first day of its release. However, the film's content needs to impress a wide range of audience to ensure that the film continues to perform exceptionally well at the box office.
Mahesh Babu is on a roll following back-to-back successful film such as "Dookudu", "Businessman" and "Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu ("SVSC"). "SVSC", a multi-starrer which released in 2013 Sankranti, earned a worldwide share of around ₹51 crore and turned out to be a hit. According to Andhraboxoffice, Mahesh's upcoming film "1 Nenokkadine" should earn a worldwide share of ₹60 crore to achieve hit status at the box office.
Trade experts and fans will be eager to find out how the film fares at the box office. They will be interested to know if "1 Nenokkadine" will break Pawan Kalyan's "Attarintiki Daredi" collections. The family entertainer, which released in 2013, became one of the highest grossing Telugu films. The film earned over ₹74 crore in worldwide share and created records in the US as well in several places across Andhra Pradesh.
"Attarintiki Daredi" created a new record in Andhra Pradesh earning ₹10.75 crore share on the first day of its release. With "1 Nenokkadine" set for release in record number of screens, will it be able to break "Attarintiki Daredi" collections and set a new record?
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft