'1 Nenokkadine' Box Office: Mahesh Babu Starrer Set for Bumper Openings; Will it Break 'Attarintiki Daredi' Day 1 Collections?
By sangeetha seshagiri | January 9, 2014 5:34 PM EST
Mahesh Babu's much-awaited film "1 Nenokkadine" is releasing in record number of screens worldwide on 10 January. [Also Read: "1 Nenokkadine" Day 1 Collections]
Mahesh Babu in "1 Nenokkadine" (Official Facebook of "1 Nenokkadine")
According to Andhraboxoffice, the film will be releasing in around 1350 screens worldwide. Its India screen count stands at 1140+ Screens, which is an all time record for a Telugu film, and the film will be shown in over 200 screens in overseas markets. However, the number of screens might be reduced after two days when Ram Charan's "Yevadu" hits theatres on 12 January.
"1 Nenokkadine" carries a lot of expectations as the film is deemed as an action, psychological thriller. The film is made on a whopping budget of ₹70 crore and is touted to be costliest Tollywood film to be ever made.
The unique promotional strategies and the film's teasers have generated a lot of hype. The presence of superstar Mahesh Babu will ensure that "1 Nenokkadine" gets a bumper opening on the first day of its release. However, the film's content needs to impress a wide range of audience to ensure that the film continues to perform exceptionally well at the box office.
Mahesh Babu is on a roll following back-to-back successful film such as "Dookudu", "Businessman" and "Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu ("SVSC"). "SVSC", a multi-starrer which released in 2013 Sankranti, earned a worldwide share of around ₹51 crore and turned out to be a hit. According to Andhraboxoffice, Mahesh's upcoming film "1 Nenokkadine" should earn a worldwide share of ₹60 crore to achieve hit status at the box office.
Trade experts and fans will be eager to find out how the film fares at the box office. They will be interested to know if "1 Nenokkadine" will break Pawan Kalyan's "Attarintiki Daredi" collections. The family entertainer, which released in 2013, became one of the highest grossing Telugu films. The film earned over ₹74 crore in worldwide share and created records in the US as well in several places across Andhra Pradesh.
"Attarintiki Daredi" created a new record in Andhra Pradesh earning ₹10.75 crore share on the first day of its release. With "1 Nenokkadine" set for release in record number of screens, will it be able to break "Attarintiki Daredi" collections and set a new record?
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Will Feature Nude Scene Confirmed—Report
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1: ‘The Biggest Action Sequence That We Have Ever Attempted’ [VIDEO]
- 'Terminator' 5 And 'Jurassic World' Trailers To Be Released Soon
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members