'1 Nenokkadine' Box Office: Mahesh Babu Starrer Set for Bumper Openings; Will it Break 'Attarintiki Daredi' Day 1 Collections?
By sangeetha seshagiri | January 9, 2014 5:34 PM EST
Mahesh Babu's much-awaited film "1 Nenokkadine" is releasing in record number of screens worldwide on 10 January. [Also Read: "1 Nenokkadine" Day 1 Collections]
Mahesh Babu in "1 Nenokkadine" (Official Facebook of "1 Nenokkadine")
According to Andhraboxoffice, the film will be releasing in around 1350 screens worldwide. Its India screen count stands at 1140+ Screens, which is an all time record for a Telugu film, and the film will be shown in over 200 screens in overseas markets. However, the number of screens might be reduced after two days when Ram Charan's "Yevadu" hits theatres on 12 January.
"1 Nenokkadine" carries a lot of expectations as the film is deemed as an action, psychological thriller. The film is made on a whopping budget of ₹70 crore and is touted to be costliest Tollywood film to be ever made.
The unique promotional strategies and the film's teasers have generated a lot of hype. The presence of superstar Mahesh Babu will ensure that "1 Nenokkadine" gets a bumper opening on the first day of its release. However, the film's content needs to impress a wide range of audience to ensure that the film continues to perform exceptionally well at the box office.
Mahesh Babu is on a roll following back-to-back successful film such as "Dookudu", "Businessman" and "Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu ("SVSC"). "SVSC", a multi-starrer which released in 2013 Sankranti, earned a worldwide share of around ₹51 crore and turned out to be a hit. According to Andhraboxoffice, Mahesh's upcoming film "1 Nenokkadine" should earn a worldwide share of ₹60 crore to achieve hit status at the box office.
Trade experts and fans will be eager to find out how the film fares at the box office. They will be interested to know if "1 Nenokkadine" will break Pawan Kalyan's "Attarintiki Daredi" collections. The family entertainer, which released in 2013, became one of the highest grossing Telugu films. The film earned over ₹74 crore in worldwide share and created records in the US as well in several places across Andhra Pradesh.
"Attarintiki Daredi" created a new record in Andhra Pradesh earning ₹10.75 crore share on the first day of its release. With "1 Nenokkadine" set for release in record number of screens, will it be able to break "Attarintiki Daredi" collections and set a new record?
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports