'1 Nenokkadine' Box Office: Mahesh Babu Starrer Set for Bumper Openings; Will it Break 'Attarintiki Daredi' Day 1 Collections?
By sangeetha seshagiri | January 9, 2014 5:34 PM EST
Mahesh Babu's much-awaited film "1 Nenokkadine" is releasing in record number of screens worldwide on 10 January. [Also Read: "1 Nenokkadine" Day 1 Collections]
Mahesh Babu in "1 Nenokkadine" (Official Facebook of "1 Nenokkadine")
According to Andhraboxoffice, the film will be releasing in around 1350 screens worldwide. Its India screen count stands at 1140+ Screens, which is an all time record for a Telugu film, and the film will be shown in over 200 screens in overseas markets. However, the number of screens might be reduced after two days when Ram Charan's "Yevadu" hits theatres on 12 January.
"1 Nenokkadine" carries a lot of expectations as the film is deemed as an action, psychological thriller. The film is made on a whopping budget of ₹70 crore and is touted to be costliest Tollywood film to be ever made.
The unique promotional strategies and the film's teasers have generated a lot of hype. The presence of superstar Mahesh Babu will ensure that "1 Nenokkadine" gets a bumper opening on the first day of its release. However, the film's content needs to impress a wide range of audience to ensure that the film continues to perform exceptionally well at the box office.
Mahesh Babu is on a roll following back-to-back successful film such as "Dookudu", "Businessman" and "Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu ("SVSC"). "SVSC", a multi-starrer which released in 2013 Sankranti, earned a worldwide share of around ₹51 crore and turned out to be a hit. According to Andhraboxoffice, Mahesh's upcoming film "1 Nenokkadine" should earn a worldwide share of ₹60 crore to achieve hit status at the box office.
Trade experts and fans will be eager to find out how the film fares at the box office. They will be interested to know if "1 Nenokkadine" will break Pawan Kalyan's "Attarintiki Daredi" collections. The family entertainer, which released in 2013, became one of the highest grossing Telugu films. The film earned over ₹74 crore in worldwide share and created records in the US as well in several places across Andhra Pradesh.
"Attarintiki Daredi" created a new record in Andhra Pradesh earning ₹10.75 crore share on the first day of its release. With "1 Nenokkadine" set for release in record number of screens, will it be able to break "Attarintiki Daredi" collections and set a new record?
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People