Dwayne Wade's Sons Helped Their Father Propose to Gabrielle Union
By Jesselle Maminta | January 9, 2014 5:33 PM EST
Dwayne Wade apparently enlisted the help of his sons to propose to his girlfriend Gabrielle Union.
The Bring It On actress appeared in last Wednesday's episode of Good Morning America, and she talks about the details of the Miami Heat guard's proposal to her, which happened last Dec. 21 at the site where their house is being built.
"I should have known something was up when [Dwyane] was like, 'Are you gonna do your hair? Are you gonna put on makeup?' I'm like, 'To go to a construction site? No.'' Gabrielle recalls.
She had brunch with Dwayne and his sons Zaire, 11 and Zion, 6, before they dropped by the construction site. Little did she know that the boys have something in mind for their future stepmom.
The boys, including Dwayne, led the couple upstairs and then asked them to turn around, as they have supposedly prepared a skit to show off to Gabrielle.
"I turn back around and all the boys were holding up signs that said, 'Will you marry us?'''
Gabrielle was not sure how to react with the question, considering the fact that the boys has been bugging the couple to get married already. But when she turned to Dwayne to comment on the sign the boys had made, the latter was already on one knee, holding a ring and asking the same question as that in the sign.
"I was like, 'Oh, this is serious! This is a thing! Yes! Of course, yes!' she says with a giggle."
Dwayne was "100 percent involved" in the process of choosing a ring for his now-fiancee, according to Jason Arasheben of Jason of Beverly Hills.
"I made three personal visits to Miami to present different options until they found the perfect one. Wade picked out the stone and they made the ring custom," he tells E! Online.
Gabrielle was previously married to Chris Howard which she divorced in 2006, three years before she dated Dwayne in 2009. On the other hand, Dwayne was previously married to his high school girlfriend Siohvaughn Funches for five years before they divorced in 2010.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- LA Lakers: Kobe Bryant Attributes Past Outburst Against Dwight Howard To 'Heat Of The Moment,' Doesn't Feel The Same Way As Durant Does
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Boxing News: Freddie Roach Not Buying Into Arum's Claim Of Pacquiao v Mayweather In 2015, Claims 'Money' Will Say 'No' After Algieri Fight
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- Julie Bishop Condemns Barack Obama For Overlooking Australia’s Commitment in Protecting Great Barrier Reef