Dwayne Wade's Sons Helped Their Father Propose to Gabrielle Union
By Jesselle Maminta | January 9, 2014 5:33 PM EST
Dwayne Wade apparently enlisted the help of his sons to propose to his girlfriend Gabrielle Union.
The Bring It On actress appeared in last Wednesday's episode of Good Morning America, and she talks about the details of the Miami Heat guard's proposal to her, which happened last Dec. 21 at the site where their house is being built.
"I should have known something was up when [Dwyane] was like, 'Are you gonna do your hair? Are you gonna put on makeup?' I'm like, 'To go to a construction site? No.'' Gabrielle recalls.
She had brunch with Dwayne and his sons Zaire, 11 and Zion, 6, before they dropped by the construction site. Little did she know that the boys have something in mind for their future stepmom.
The boys, including Dwayne, led the couple upstairs and then asked them to turn around, as they have supposedly prepared a skit to show off to Gabrielle.
"I turn back around and all the boys were holding up signs that said, 'Will you marry us?'''
Gabrielle was not sure how to react with the question, considering the fact that the boys has been bugging the couple to get married already. But when she turned to Dwayne to comment on the sign the boys had made, the latter was already on one knee, holding a ring and asking the same question as that in the sign.
"I was like, 'Oh, this is serious! This is a thing! Yes! Of course, yes!' she says with a giggle."
Dwayne was "100 percent involved" in the process of choosing a ring for his now-fiancee, according to Jason Arasheben of Jason of Beverly Hills.
"I made three personal visits to Miami to present different options until they found the perfect one. Wade picked out the stone and they made the ring custom," he tells E! Online.
Gabrielle was previously married to Chris Howard which she divorced in 2006, three years before she dated Dwayne in 2009. On the other hand, Dwayne was previously married to his high school girlfriend Siohvaughn Funches for five years before they divorced in 2010.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- NFL Week 2: Kansas City Chiefs Vs. Denver Broncos Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence