Dwayne Wade's Sons Helped Their Father Propose to Gabrielle Union
By Jesselle Maminta | January 9, 2014 5:33 PM EST
Dwayne Wade apparently enlisted the help of his sons to propose to his girlfriend Gabrielle Union.
The Bring It On actress appeared in last Wednesday's episode of Good Morning America, and she talks about the details of the Miami Heat guard's proposal to her, which happened last Dec. 21 at the site where their house is being built.
"I should have known something was up when [Dwyane] was like, 'Are you gonna do your hair? Are you gonna put on makeup?' I'm like, 'To go to a construction site? No.'' Gabrielle recalls.
She had brunch with Dwayne and his sons Zaire, 11 and Zion, 6, before they dropped by the construction site. Little did she know that the boys have something in mind for their future stepmom.
The boys, including Dwayne, led the couple upstairs and then asked them to turn around, as they have supposedly prepared a skit to show off to Gabrielle.
"I turn back around and all the boys were holding up signs that said, 'Will you marry us?'''
Gabrielle was not sure how to react with the question, considering the fact that the boys has been bugging the couple to get married already. But when she turned to Dwayne to comment on the sign the boys had made, the latter was already on one knee, holding a ring and asking the same question as that in the sign.
"I was like, 'Oh, this is serious! This is a thing! Yes! Of course, yes!' she says with a giggle."
Dwayne was "100 percent involved" in the process of choosing a ring for his now-fiancee, according to Jason Arasheben of Jason of Beverly Hills.
"I made three personal visits to Miami to present different options until they found the perfect one. Wade picked out the stone and they made the ring custom," he tells E! Online.
Gabrielle was previously married to Chris Howard which she divorced in 2006, three years before she dated Dwayne in 2009. On the other hand, Dwayne was previously married to his high school girlfriend Siohvaughn Funches for five years before they divorced in 2010.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Ana Ivanovic Posts a Hot Selfie on Instagram after her San Francisco Photo-Shoot
- These 2 Questions Reveal if You Unwittingly Abuse Alcohol
- Jennifer Lopez and Her Wild 45th Birthday Party: How JLo’s Life-Size Birthday Cake from SamiCakes Boutique Was Made
- Blake Griffin’s Back Injury Is the Reason for His Withdrawal from Team U.S.A.
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- Anderson Silva To Test the Octagon Anew After Freak Leg Injury, To Fight Nick Diaz in 2015