Dwayne Wade's Sons Helped Their Father Propose to Gabrielle Union
By Jesselle Maminta | January 9, 2014 5:33 PM EST
Dwayne Wade apparently enlisted the help of his sons to propose to his girlfriend Gabrielle Union.
The Bring It On actress appeared in last Wednesday's episode of Good Morning America, and she talks about the details of the Miami Heat guard's proposal to her, which happened last Dec. 21 at the site where their house is being built.
"I should have known something was up when [Dwyane] was like, 'Are you gonna do your hair? Are you gonna put on makeup?' I'm like, 'To go to a construction site? No.'' Gabrielle recalls.
She had brunch with Dwayne and his sons Zaire, 11 and Zion, 6, before they dropped by the construction site. Little did she know that the boys have something in mind for their future stepmom.
The boys, including Dwayne, led the couple upstairs and then asked them to turn around, as they have supposedly prepared a skit to show off to Gabrielle.
"I turn back around and all the boys were holding up signs that said, 'Will you marry us?'''
Gabrielle was not sure how to react with the question, considering the fact that the boys has been bugging the couple to get married already. But when she turned to Dwayne to comment on the sign the boys had made, the latter was already on one knee, holding a ring and asking the same question as that in the sign.
"I was like, 'Oh, this is serious! This is a thing! Yes! Of course, yes!' she says with a giggle."
Dwayne was "100 percent involved" in the process of choosing a ring for his now-fiancee, according to Jason Arasheben of Jason of Beverly Hills.
"I made three personal visits to Miami to present different options until they found the perfect one. Wade picked out the stone and they made the ring custom," he tells E! Online.
Gabrielle was previously married to Chris Howard which she divorced in 2006, three years before she dated Dwayne in 2009. On the other hand, Dwayne was previously married to his high school girlfriend Siohvaughn Funches for five years before they divorced in 2010.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions