Dwayne Wade's Sons Helped Their Father Propose to Gabrielle Union
By Jesselle Maminta | January 9, 2014 5:33 PM EST
Dwayne Wade apparently enlisted the help of his sons to propose to his girlfriend Gabrielle Union.
The Bring It On actress appeared in last Wednesday's episode of Good Morning America, and she talks about the details of the Miami Heat guard's proposal to her, which happened last Dec. 21 at the site where their house is being built.
"I should have known something was up when [Dwyane] was like, 'Are you gonna do your hair? Are you gonna put on makeup?' I'm like, 'To go to a construction site? No.'' Gabrielle recalls.
She had brunch with Dwayne and his sons Zaire, 11 and Zion, 6, before they dropped by the construction site. Little did she know that the boys have something in mind for their future stepmom.
The boys, including Dwayne, led the couple upstairs and then asked them to turn around, as they have supposedly prepared a skit to show off to Gabrielle.
"I turn back around and all the boys were holding up signs that said, 'Will you marry us?'''
Gabrielle was not sure how to react with the question, considering the fact that the boys has been bugging the couple to get married already. But when she turned to Dwayne to comment on the sign the boys had made, the latter was already on one knee, holding a ring and asking the same question as that in the sign.
"I was like, 'Oh, this is serious! This is a thing! Yes! Of course, yes!' she says with a giggle."
Dwayne was "100 percent involved" in the process of choosing a ring for his now-fiancee, according to Jason Arasheben of Jason of Beverly Hills.
"I made three personal visits to Miami to present different options until they found the perfect one. Wade picked out the stone and they made the ring custom," he tells E! Online.
Gabrielle was previously married to Chris Howard which she divorced in 2006, three years before she dated Dwayne in 2009. On the other hand, Dwayne was previously married to his high school girlfriend Siohvaughn Funches for five years before they divorced in 2010.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Lamar Odom’s Hope Of Reuniting With Khloe Kardashian Crushed, ‘KUWTK’ Star Reportedly Dating Wiz Khalifa
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier