Sandra Bullock Wins Big at 2014 People's Choice Awards [VIDEO]
By rapti gupta | January 9, 2014 5:30 PM EST
The 40th People's Choice finally came to an end amid much fanfare and ceremony. Held Jan.08, 2014 at the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles, California, the star studded event saw actress Sandra Bullock taking away four awards for her work.
2014 People's Choice Awards
Among the four accolades that the Oscar winning actress took away, two were for the blockbuster space drama flick "Gravity". She won 'Best Actress' and also won 'Favourite Movie Duo' along with George Clooney for her performance in the film.
Sandra won the 'Favourite Drama Actress' beating the likes of Scarlett Johansson, Gwyneth Paltrow, Melissa McCarthy and Jennifer Aniston. Accepting her award from presenter Shaun Hayes, she said:
"I know this looks like I spent lonely Friday nights just voting for myself, but I didn't. An actor can't do what they do without hundreds of amazing people working for them, with them, alongside them."
She also thanked the cast and crew of "Gravity" and Melissa McCarthy and went on to acknowledge her little son Louis too.
"I'd like to thank my son Louis for letting me come out tonight. He's going to want to know why I got all these, and it's because people work a lot harder than Mommy to make her look good."
Check out her acceptance speech in the video below:
Sandra Bullock has kick-started 2014 on a great note. Not only did she win four People's Choice Awards but also took home the Desert Palm Achievement Award at the Palm Springs International Film Festival held Jan.04, 2014. She accepted the award in typical Sandra style and also spoke about how she had 'googled herself' for an acceptance speech, reports The Huffington Post.
"I thought maybe it would be a nice fun approach to this evening to do, maybe, something different, so I Googled myself and read the comments section, thinking I would get some tidbits of what people really think of me and share them."
"Never read the comments section ... or Google oneself, at anytime...," she quipped.
"Apparently, Julia [Roberts], I don't know where you are, you and I are in a dispute over George Clooney. We talked about this, right? It's a shared custody," she joked.
"Gravity" has already won Bullock a lot of praise. The movie will probably end up getting several Oscars as well. Nominations of the 86th Academy Awards will be released Jan. 16, 2014. The event is slated to be held March 2, 2014.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers for Sept. 1-5, 2014: Sabrina Seeks Revenge
- 5 Seconds of Summer Calum Hood's D--K Vine Video Goes Viral
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Jessica Lange Says New Season ‘Most Extraordinary’
- Anna Paquin Says She Took Home ‘Cute, English Dude’ Stephen Moyer From The Set Of “True Blood”
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Actor Charlie Hunnam Gushes Over Co-star Maggie Siff, Says He Is Most Proud of Jax, Tara's Relationship [VIDEO}
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 New Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 Update Guide
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Finally, OnePlus One Can Be Purchased Without An Invite; Pre-Order Starts From October