Sandra Bullock Wins Big at 2014 People's Choice Awards [VIDEO]
By rapti gupta | January 9, 2014 5:30 PM EST
The 40th People's Choice finally came to an end amid much fanfare and ceremony. Held Jan.08, 2014 at the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles, California, the star studded event saw actress Sandra Bullock taking away four awards for her work.
2014 People's Choice Awards
Among the four accolades that the Oscar winning actress took away, two were for the blockbuster space drama flick "Gravity". She won 'Best Actress' and also won 'Favourite Movie Duo' along with George Clooney for her performance in the film.
Sandra won the 'Favourite Drama Actress' beating the likes of Scarlett Johansson, Gwyneth Paltrow, Melissa McCarthy and Jennifer Aniston. Accepting her award from presenter Shaun Hayes, she said:
"I know this looks like I spent lonely Friday nights just voting for myself, but I didn't. An actor can't do what they do without hundreds of amazing people working for them, with them, alongside them."
She also thanked the cast and crew of "Gravity" and Melissa McCarthy and went on to acknowledge her little son Louis too.
"I'd like to thank my son Louis for letting me come out tonight. He's going to want to know why I got all these, and it's because people work a lot harder than Mommy to make her look good."
Check out her acceptance speech in the video below:
Sandra Bullock has kick-started 2014 on a great note. Not only did she win four People's Choice Awards but also took home the Desert Palm Achievement Award at the Palm Springs International Film Festival held Jan.04, 2014. She accepted the award in typical Sandra style and also spoke about how she had 'googled herself' for an acceptance speech, reports The Huffington Post.
"I thought maybe it would be a nice fun approach to this evening to do, maybe, something different, so I Googled myself and read the comments section, thinking I would get some tidbits of what people really think of me and share them."
"Never read the comments section ... or Google oneself, at anytime...," she quipped.
"Apparently, Julia [Roberts], I don't know where you are, you and I are in a dispute over George Clooney. We talked about this, right? It's a shared custody," she joked.
"Gravity" has already won Bullock a lot of praise. The movie will probably end up getting several Oscars as well. Nominations of the 86th Academy Awards will be released Jan. 16, 2014. The event is slated to be held March 2, 2014.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’