Sandra Bullock Wins Big at 2014 People's Choice Awards [VIDEO]
By rapti gupta | January 9, 2014 5:30 PM EST
The 40th People's Choice finally came to an end amid much fanfare and ceremony. Held Jan.08, 2014 at the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles, California, the star studded event saw actress Sandra Bullock taking away four awards for her work.
2014 People's Choice Awards
Among the four accolades that the Oscar winning actress took away, two were for the blockbuster space drama flick "Gravity". She won 'Best Actress' and also won 'Favourite Movie Duo' along with George Clooney for her performance in the film.
Sandra won the 'Favourite Drama Actress' beating the likes of Scarlett Johansson, Gwyneth Paltrow, Melissa McCarthy and Jennifer Aniston. Accepting her award from presenter Shaun Hayes, she said:
"I know this looks like I spent lonely Friday nights just voting for myself, but I didn't. An actor can't do what they do without hundreds of amazing people working for them, with them, alongside them."
She also thanked the cast and crew of "Gravity" and Melissa McCarthy and went on to acknowledge her little son Louis too.
"I'd like to thank my son Louis for letting me come out tonight. He's going to want to know why I got all these, and it's because people work a lot harder than Mommy to make her look good."
Check out her acceptance speech in the video below:
Sandra Bullock has kick-started 2014 on a great note. Not only did she win four People's Choice Awards but also took home the Desert Palm Achievement Award at the Palm Springs International Film Festival held Jan.04, 2014. She accepted the award in typical Sandra style and also spoke about how she had 'googled herself' for an acceptance speech, reports The Huffington Post.
"I thought maybe it would be a nice fun approach to this evening to do, maybe, something different, so I Googled myself and read the comments section, thinking I would get some tidbits of what people really think of me and share them."
"Never read the comments section ... or Google oneself, at anytime...," she quipped.
"Apparently, Julia [Roberts], I don't know where you are, you and I are in a dispute over George Clooney. We talked about this, right? It's a shared custody," she joked.
"Gravity" has already won Bullock a lot of praise. The movie will probably end up getting several Oscars as well. Nominations of the 86th Academy Awards will be released Jan. 16, 2014. The event is slated to be held March 2, 2014.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date