Big Bash League Where to Watch Live: Melbourne Stars vs Adelaide Strikers Live Streaming Information
By Deepak Vikraman | January 9, 2014 5:17 PM EST
The unbeaten Melbourne Stars will look to assert their authority over the Adelaide Strikers when the two teams clash in the Big Bash League at the MCG on Thursday in what promises to be a slam-bang-six-hitting encounter.
Where to Watch Live
The match is scheduled for a 7.40 pm local time (2.10 pm IST) start with live coverage on Star Sports 1 and Star Sports HD1. The match is available for live streaming online in the US HERE. UK viewers can click HERE to catch the action live online, while Australia viewers can live stream the match HERE.
Melbourne have been the best team in the BBL 03 so far, winning all four of their matches, while putting up some pretty impressive performances.
The Stars won the battle of Melbourne in their previous match, a game which saw 19 sixes in all, easily hauling down a 164-run target, thanks to a brilliant unbeaten 49-ball 84 from skipper Cameron White.
After yet another commendable performance, Stars all-rounder James Faulkner believes they have rightfully earned the tag of the team to beat in the Big Bash League this season.
"All positions we've been in we've come out on top, so there's no reason why we can't do that tomorrow night and really send a shockwave through the competition," Faulkner said on Wednesday.
"I think from what we've shown so far we definitely are the team to beat.
"We do have a bit of a mental edge over the other teams but I think as soon as they come up against the Melbourne Stars they know the team and they often lift to our standard so we're going to have our work cut out.
"They've [Adelaide Strikers] got all bases covered as a team and performed pretty well last year. It's going to be a tough contest."
The Adelaide Strikers, after two straight wins, suffered their first loss of BBL 03 to the Sydney Sixers on Sunday, and the team will be keen to get back to winning ways at the MCG on Thursday.
"I think the Strikers are one of the better teams in the competition. I think they're one of the teams to beat," White said. "They're quite a strong outfit, so we are expecting a tough contest again."
However, such is the strength of the Stars, that they can afford to continue beating teams with ease despite not having Australia regular Clint McKay in their squad - fellow fast bowler Jackson Bird is the leading wicket-taker in the tournament with nine scalps to his name.
"It's hard to get a spot for the Melbourne Stars and I suppose it shows why we're so good and why we've been so good this year," Faulkner added.
"I'm sure with the character Clint is he'll come back well. He's a great bowler and he was one-day player of the year for Australia last night so everyone knows what he can do."
Squads: Melbourne Stars: Cameron White (capt), Jackson Bird, James Faulkner, John Hastings, Brad Hodge, David Hussey, Glenn Maxwell, Lasith Malinga, Clive Rose, James Muirhead, Marcus Stoinis, Matthew Wade, Luke Wright.
Adelaide Strikers: Phillip Hughes (capt), Shakib Al Hasan, Callum Ferguson, Alex Hales, Jon Holland, Michael Klinger, Tim Ludeman, Michael Neser, Gary Putland, Nathan Reardon, Kane Richardson, Shaun Tait, Adam Zampa.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Kate Upton And BF Justin Verlander Nude Photo Leaked; Verlander Instantly Became An Internet Meme Sensation
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- FIBA World Cup 2014: Puerto Rico vs. Greece Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Preview
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones