HTC (M8) Confirmed Killer Specs And Features Narrowed Down
By Karla Danica Figuerres | January 9, 2014 4:34 PM EST
The HTC (M8) confirmed killer specs and features were narrowed down as we roll into the 2014 and its release date nears.
The successor of the HTC One has been rumored for months. Leaks from reliable sources like @evleaks and a couple of tipsters provided a pretty good idea of what to expect. Today, the specs and features details that most leaks haven't touched were fined tuned by the Llabtoofer, HTC developer and tipster.
Rumors about the processor, screen size and resolution and even the name of the next generation HTC flagship smartphone have been back and forth. While some said it will be the HTC Two and others claimed it will be named the HTC One+, this latest leak suggested the HTC One (2014) or a couple of other similar ideas. Thus far, HTC is still unclear with the name of the device or the company is keeping it tightly secured for the time being.
This tipster confirmed the processor will be Snapdragon 800 quadcore and 2 GB of RAM at 2.3 GHz. There will be no Snapdragon 805 because it will not make it in time for the February or early March release. The screen will be 5 inches 1920 x 1200 full HD 1080p display without QHD.
Unfortunately, there will no improved UltraPixel camera as HTC will stick to the same 4MP UltraPixel camera from last year but software changes are expected to enhance the camera performance. The HTC (M8) will come with 16GB internal memory but a microSD card slot will be available for memory expansion.
Furthermore, it has been suggested that HTC will finally get rid of the dedicated buttons and will adapt Google's screen navigation keys. The smartphone will run on the Android 4.42 KitKat and HTC Sense 6.0 UI with improved Blinkfeed and "Metro-style" design. Also, users can expect longer battery life with 2700 to 3000 mAh battery, which is bigger than what Galaxy S4 currently offers.
It is likely to have a February launch and late Feb release date and the device will be available in the U.S. carriers after it hits the shelves.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid