HTC (M8) Confirmed Killer Specs And Features Narrowed Down
By Karla Danica Figuerres | January 9, 2014 4:34 PM EST
The HTC (M8) confirmed killer specs and features were narrowed down as we roll into the 2014 and its release date nears.
The successor of the HTC One has been rumored for months. Leaks from reliable sources like @evleaks and a couple of tipsters provided a pretty good idea of what to expect. Today, the specs and features details that most leaks haven't touched were fined tuned by the Llabtoofer, HTC developer and tipster.
Rumors about the processor, screen size and resolution and even the name of the next generation HTC flagship smartphone have been back and forth. While some said it will be the HTC Two and others claimed it will be named the HTC One+, this latest leak suggested the HTC One (2014) or a couple of other similar ideas. Thus far, HTC is still unclear with the name of the device or the company is keeping it tightly secured for the time being.
This tipster confirmed the processor will be Snapdragon 800 quadcore and 2 GB of RAM at 2.3 GHz. There will be no Snapdragon 805 because it will not make it in time for the February or early March release. The screen will be 5 inches 1920 x 1200 full HD 1080p display without QHD.
Unfortunately, there will no improved UltraPixel camera as HTC will stick to the same 4MP UltraPixel camera from last year but software changes are expected to enhance the camera performance. The HTC (M8) will come with 16GB internal memory but a microSD card slot will be available for memory expansion.
Furthermore, it has been suggested that HTC will finally get rid of the dedicated buttons and will adapt Google's screen navigation keys. The smartphone will run on the Android 4.42 KitKat and HTC Sense 6.0 UI with improved Blinkfeed and "Metro-style" design. Also, users can expect longer battery life with 2700 to 3000 mAh battery, which is bigger than what Galaxy S4 currently offers.
It is likely to have a February launch and late Feb release date and the device will be available in the U.S. carriers after it hits the shelves.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899