Pokemon X and Y: How to Get a Gold Trainer Card; Torchic Event Reminder; Pokemon X and Y Official Championship Series Versions
By Gel Galang | January 9, 2014 4:02 PM EST
For those who are still enjoying the "Pokemon X and Y" but still haven't gotten their Gold Trainer Card, here are a few tips on how to do so, taken from Redditors who are giving out some substantial tips so you don't need miss your winning streak and learn the hard way.
Recently, Redditor An-droid posted a Gold Card that was obtained after a 50 streak in the Battle Maison. Trainer Cards, according to Serebii, are those that change colour depending on the achievements that a player has already attained in the game.
In "Pokemon X and Y," players start with a Green Trainer Card, then progress to Blue, Silver and finally, they get the Gold Trainer card when they reach the third stage.
To see progress in a player's Trainer Card, they need to Complete the Kalos Pokedex Dex, defeat the Elite Four and battle through one of the Battle Maison facilities and defeat the leader at the 50th streak.
Redditor h_n_g_m_n gave three main tips to get players through the Battle Maison. First is to avoid having to miss even one attack, as it can be a player's Achilles' heel. Second is that players should be aware of their team's state, especially the one who's doing battle---switch out when something seems wrong. Lastly, one should keep a priority move at hand, so that it can save a player at the last minute or be that secret weapon that puts the battle in their favor.
*"Minecraft: PS3 Edition" players may be happy to know that the bug fixes are now 4J Studios' main priority. More details here.
'Pokemon X and Y' Now the Official Versions for Championships
It's time to say goodbye to the "Pokemon Black 2 and White 2" for the upcoming Pokemon World Championships, as Nintendo announces that the "Pokemon X and Y" will be the new titles that will be used for these competitions.
According to Venture Beat, the upcoming Pokemon Championship Series will be held in the U.S., starting with five regional events in January. Whoever finishes at the top will be awarded with trophies and entries into the U.S. National Championships. The winner will also have the potential to compete in the 2014 World Championships, which will take place in Washington, D.C. come August later in the year.
*Disappointed with "Aliens: Colonial Marines"? The new "Alien" title may redeem the franchise in your eyes: Read here for more.
All Pokemon regional events are open to anyone so long as they have a 3DS and the "Pokemon X or Y" game. The Winter Regional Championships will be held at Salem, OR, Doswell, VA, Long Beach, Ca, St. Charles, MO and Orlando, Fl.
Last Chance to Get Your Torchic Pokemon
Back when "Pokemon X and Y" had just been release, there was a Torchic Event that was held for gamers to obtain the fire starter who showed up in the Gen 3 game, the event is currently running until now but will only last until Jan 15, so those interested have to make sure that they get it before the offer expires.
*Samsung isn't just going for a future that's connected by technology---it seems to be looking at a home connected by Samsung technology. Check out the five tech trends that Samsung is readying for here.
When players get Torchic, its stats will look something like this, as listed by Nintendo Life:
- Level 10
- Holds Blazikenite Stone
- Moves are Scratch, Growl, Focus Energy, Ember
- Has a Premier Ribbon and Speed Boost Ability
- It also has a Random nature
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Windows Phone 8.1, Nokia Lumia Cyan Update: All Supported Devices In Various Regions As Of August
- 'No Man's Sky' For PlayStation 4: The Sun Will Burn Out But The Game Will Go On (Watch Trailer)
- Sony Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide For Xperia Z Devices As Of August 2014
- Sony Xperia M2 Aqua Buyer's Guide: Reasons Why Upgrade From Xperia V Or Xperia ZR
- Xbox One VS. PS4 At PAX Prime 2014:18 Games On Sale And A Lineup Of Xbox Games Revealed
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Windows 9 To Include Interactive Live Tiles and Notification Center in Metro 2.0