Google Nexus 10 2 Release Soon As More Deals On Nexus 7 Emerge
By Kristin Dian Mariano | January 9, 2014 3:50 PM EST
Google Nexus 10 2 may come soon as more Nexus 7 deals and discounts emerge online.
No Google Nexus 10 2 release was seen at the Consumers Electronics Show where it was reported to make a big splash. However, discounts on its brother Nexus 7 hinted that a new tablet may be coming. Nexus 7 has not celebrated a birthday yet but it is peculiar that prices are already going down.
Hugo Barra, director of Product Management at Android, holds a new Nexus 7 tablet during a Google event at Dogpatch Studio in San Francisco, California, July 24, 2013.
OfficeMax is offering the Nexus 7 at 20 percent off the price. The 32 GB model of the popular Nexus 7 2013 regularly priced at $269.99 now costs $215.99. To take advantage of the offer, buyers must enter the coupon code SAVE20 at the checkout. The code is valid from now until Jan. 11. Buyers can check OfficeMax Web site by entering the coupon code on an item then return to the original page before seeing the discounted price online.
Meanwhile, Woot! offers "factory reconditioned" Nexus 7 tablet for $50 less. "Factory reconditioned" means refurbished models. This will bring down the prices to $189 for 16 GB model and $219 for 32 GB variant. The deal will be available at a limited time.
Best Buy offers the 16 GB Nexus 7 for $199.99. Consumers can save $30 from the tablet's regular price of $229.99.
The first generation of Google Nexus 10 was made by Samsung and reports claimed the company is back to take the helm in making its successor. However, many are not convinced that Samsung will be in charge of manufacturing the Nexus 10 2 as it may take the limelight of its recently released tablet line. Thus, Google may tap its other partners: LG and Asus.
Google has not hinted any details yet but Google Nexus 10 2 is rumored to pack a 10-inch screen display with 2,560 x 1,600 pixel resolution, 3 GB RAM, Adreno 330 GPU and either a Tegra 4 CPU or Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chip processor. The Nexus 10 2 may also come with 8 MP rear camera and may be available in 16 GB and 32 GB storage variants.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build