Samsung Galaxy S5 Video Released Plus 2K Display, Release Update And More
By Precious Silva | January 9, 2014 3:46 PM EST
Samsung may skip the super MOLED HD display in place of a 5.25" 2K Ultra HD LTPS display for its upcoming Galaxy S5.
A Samsung Electronics' Galaxy S4 (front) and Apple's iPhone 5 smartphones are seen in this picture illustration taken in Seoul May 13, 2013.
While the Korean tech giant has favored the AMOLED displays for its Galaxy S line, it will be using Sharp display's 560 ppi density this time. Can the Samsung Galaxy S5 still deliver without the familiar display?
Aside from the better display features, Samsung also decided to switch because of production issues with the 2K Ultra HD AMOLED displays. Samsung's production has been delayed. For the company to catch up to the release, it has to switch according to GSM arena. Despite Sharp's taking over of the production, Samsung will still benefit as it owns 3% stake in Sharp.
The new reports appeared to confirm earlier sightings of a GS5 benchmark result featuring a 2K UHD display. There were also reports saying Samsung already hinted the announcement of the Samsung Galaxy S5 sometime around February during the Mobile World Congress 2014 in Barcelona, Spain.
SamMobile reported the Korean media claiming Samsung Electronics Vice President of Design Team Dong-hoon Chang hinting a MWC launch for the Galaxy S5 is a good timetable reference.
Chang met with members of the media during a New Year's event at the Shilla Hotel in Seoul. The reports also confirmed Chang saying that the Samsung Galaxy S5 will feature a new material. The company was reportedly reviewing the "flexible display" of the phone.
Samsung will be releasing the Samsung Galaxy S5 together with the Galaxy F smartphone. According to a report by Korean ET News, Galaxy F will sport a metal body.
The Samsung Galaxy F will be the first smartphone under Samsung to sport a metal chassis. The prototype of the device was created in Europe. Production will be moved Vietnam. Samsung wants to spawn a new era of "super-premium" smartphones. The Samsung Galaxy F will be the high-end version of the Samsung Galaxy S5. There are no details yet whether the only difference between two phones is the chassis. People will have to wait for official announcement on the final specs of both devices.
A concept video of Samsung Galaxy S5 has also been released. The video shows a device featuring 5.2-inch 2K (2560 × 1440 resolution) display, a 64-bit Exynos 5 Octa processor, 3GB RAM and Android 4.4 KitKat.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell
- Hilary Duff's New Music Video Chasing the Sun Goes Viral on YouTube [WATCH VIDEO]
- LeBron James to Return to Miami, Face Heat on Christmas Day 2014
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Will Not Extend Trading Hours
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report