iPhone 6 Leaked Metal Frame Suggests Bigger Display And Thinner Body
By Kristin Dian Mariano | January 9, 2014 3:34 PM EST
iPhone 6 may sport a bigger display squeezed in a thinner body based on leaked images of the handset's alleged metal frame.
The iPhone 6 is expected to be incredibly thin and will pack a larger screen display of at least 4.7 inches. The clamor for a bigger screen and slimmer build may be hard to ignore for Apple. Earlier, ETNews reported iPhone 6 will sport a body measuring 6 mm thick. The iPad Air is proof that Apple can still go thinner with its devices that could be applied in the iPhone line.
Weibo, a Chinese social media site, reported the iPhone 5S will come in colours. It even “leaked” a photo of the new phone panel in gold.
Chinese Web site C Technology published a pair of photos claiming the internal frame of the upcoming iPhone 6. The purported images suggested that iPhone 6 will have a thinner build like iPad Air. The photos were quickly picked up by China.com&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13892346032906" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">GizChina.com and have since made their way to increasingly prominent sites expressing varying degrees of skepticism about their authenticity.
The reported metal frame of iPhone 6 appeared a midframe found in previous iPhone models. This significant part allowed components to be attached to both sides of the part before being housed in the device's casing. However, Apple ditched the midframe since iPhone 5 and went for a unibody rear shell design to produce a thinner smartphone. If Apple wants to go thinner, there is no way that Apple will go back in using the midframe.
The photos also showed the headphone jack is placed on top of the handset and aligned with the circular feature where the camera is placed. Apple relocated the port for the headphone jack at the bottom when it released the iPhone 5 after it narrowed the lightning connector.
China produces imperfect clones of different handsets and the metal frame could belong to one of the Chinese clones of iPhone handset.
Meanwhile, iPhone 6 release is reportedly to take place in September. The handset is rumored to pack an A8 processor and iOS 8. The handset will most likely retain the TouchID fingerprint sensor but with improved features and capabilities. Apple patents spotted online also suggested some iPhone 6 features such as a curved or flexible screen with Sapphire glass covering, refocusable light camera, an improved Siri and gestures control.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]