2014 People’s Choice Awards: Gravity Star Sandra Bullock Named Favorite Movie and Comedic Actress, Justin Timberlake for Favorite Album, List of Winners
By Riza Ornos | January 9, 2014 3:27 PM EST
The 40th edition of People's Choice Awards kicked off tonight, Jan 8, and as it happens "Gravity" star Sandra Bullock was awarded the honour for "Favorite Movie Actress" beating out nominees such as Melissa McCarthy, Gwyneth Paltrow, Jennifer Aniston and Scarlett Johansson.
The star-studded event started with hilarious style where "2 Broke Girls" stars Kat Dennigs and Beth Behrs turned on their pre-recorded skit from their hit TV show, where the first joke of the night came from Kat's ample cleavage as she calls it her "Golden Globes."
"The Voice" coach Christina Aquilera stole the show when she appeared dressed as a busty waitress as she fills in the girls' role in their show and points to her cleavage saying: "Don't worry ladies, I get a lot of tips."
The first award was announced by "Will and Grace" star Sean Hayes and jokingly referring Sandra as his "wife." Taking to the stage, Sandra fired back and said, "I'd like to thank my husband Sean, for being there night and day, night and day."
"It looks like I spent Friday nights staying home and voting for myself," she quipped.
While on stage, Bullock thanked her "The Heat" co-star Melissa McCarthy, saying, "An actor can't do what they do without people working, for them, beside them with them."
Jessica Alba was the next star to take center stage and gave out the gong for Favorite Album, which went to Justin Timberlake. The former N'Sync singer jokingly wrestled with Ellen DeGeneres before making it to the stage and thanked her as he was presented with the award.
"I would like to thank Ellen for all the personal inspiration," says Justin as he begins his speech. He received the award for his "The 20/20 Experience" album. Ellen took the stage after Timberlake when she accepted her 14th People's Choice Award for Favorite TV Host.
Awards that were announced during the pre-show included Cable TV Actress that goes to Lucy Hale, Sci-fi/Fantasy TV Actor goes to "Vampire Diaries'" star Ian Somerhalder and Best Streaming Series, "Orange Is the New Black."
Running List of Winners
Movie actress: Sandra Bullock
Album: "The 20/20 Experience, Justin Timberlake
Daytime TV host: Ellen DeGeneres
New talk-show host: Queen Latifah
Competition TV show: "The Voice"
Comedic movie actor: Adam Sandler
Network TV drama: "The Good Wife"
Comedic movie: "The Heat"
On-screen chemistry: Ian Somerhalder (Damon) and Nina Dobrev (Elena), "The Vampire Diaries"
Pop artist: Britney Spears
Comedic TV actress: Kaley Cuoco
Comedic TV actor: Chris Colfer
Dramatic TV actor: Josh Charles
Cable TV drama: "The Walking Dead"
Action movie star: Robert Downey Jr.
Comedic movie actress: Sandra Bullock
Actor in a new TV series: Joseph Morgan
Late-night talk show host: Stephen Colbert
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery