2014 People’s Choice Awards: Gravity Star Sandra Bullock Named Favorite Movie and Comedic Actress, Justin Timberlake for Favorite Album, List of Winners
By Riza Ornos | January 9, 2014 3:27 PM EST
The 40th edition of People's Choice Awards kicked off tonight, Jan 8, and as it happens "Gravity" star Sandra Bullock was awarded the honour for "Favorite Movie Actress" beating out nominees such as Melissa McCarthy, Gwyneth Paltrow, Jennifer Aniston and Scarlett Johansson.
The star-studded event started with hilarious style where "2 Broke Girls" stars Kat Dennigs and Beth Behrs turned on their pre-recorded skit from their hit TV show, where the first joke of the night came from Kat's ample cleavage as she calls it her "Golden Globes."
"The Voice" coach Christina Aquilera stole the show when she appeared dressed as a busty waitress as she fills in the girls' role in their show and points to her cleavage saying: "Don't worry ladies, I get a lot of tips."
The first award was announced by "Will and Grace" star Sean Hayes and jokingly referring Sandra as his "wife." Taking to the stage, Sandra fired back and said, "I'd like to thank my husband Sean, for being there night and day, night and day."
"It looks like I spent Friday nights staying home and voting for myself," she quipped.
While on stage, Bullock thanked her "The Heat" co-star Melissa McCarthy, saying, "An actor can't do what they do without people working, for them, beside them with them."
Jessica Alba was the next star to take center stage and gave out the gong for Favorite Album, which went to Justin Timberlake. The former N'Sync singer jokingly wrestled with Ellen DeGeneres before making it to the stage and thanked her as he was presented with the award.
"I would like to thank Ellen for all the personal inspiration," says Justin as he begins his speech. He received the award for his "The 20/20 Experience" album. Ellen took the stage after Timberlake when she accepted her 14th People's Choice Award for Favorite TV Host.
Awards that were announced during the pre-show included Cable TV Actress that goes to Lucy Hale, Sci-fi/Fantasy TV Actor goes to "Vampire Diaries'" star Ian Somerhalder and Best Streaming Series, "Orange Is the New Black."
Running List of Winners
Movie actress: Sandra Bullock
Album: "The 20/20 Experience, Justin Timberlake
Daytime TV host: Ellen DeGeneres
New talk-show host: Queen Latifah
Competition TV show: "The Voice"
Comedic movie actor: Adam Sandler
Network TV drama: "The Good Wife"
Comedic movie: "The Heat"
On-screen chemistry: Ian Somerhalder (Damon) and Nina Dobrev (Elena), "The Vampire Diaries"
Pop artist: Britney Spears
Comedic TV actress: Kaley Cuoco
Comedic TV actor: Chris Colfer
Dramatic TV actor: Josh Charles
Cable TV drama: "The Walking Dead"
Action movie star: Robert Downey Jr.
Comedic movie actress: Sandra Bullock
Actor in a new TV series: Joseph Morgan
Late-night talk show host: Stephen Colbert
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate